PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing in the rain??

Katzateer
10-25-2012, 04:19 PM
We are sitting over at Wilderness Lodge waiting for Artists Pointe to open at 5:30.

Anyone meeting up at POP or AoA later??

Strmchsr
10-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Don't worry. The rain will clear out very soon. It's tomorrow that will be the problem.

Katzateer
10-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Don't worry. The rain will clear out very soon. It's tomorrow that will be the problem.

:(. So the Halloween party is a washout?? :(

Strmchsr
10-25-2012, 05:45 PM
:(. So the Halloween party is a washout?? :(

Very possibly. I hate to say that, but it's probably the case. It is still possible that the storm stays far enough off shore to keep the rain away, so don't give up hope, but the rain shield with this thing is so big I'm thinking the likelihood is that rain will move in tomorrow afternoon and stay until Saturday morning. Again, that's not 100%, but the most probably scenario given the way things look right now.

dpamac
10-25-2012, 07:06 PM
He's a pastor and a meteorologist. He has computer models and a hotline upstairs. We are going to get wet.

SBETigg
10-25-2012, 10:47 PM
I'm staying in to catch up on work tonight, plus I'm exhausted. What happened to my youthful energy?

Also, we'll probably get wet tomorrow, but I'm more worried about getting home on Monday with the northeast possibly getting smacked by Sandy. Oh no, I might not be able to leave.

Strmchsr
10-26-2012, 08:13 AM
Also, we'll probably get wet tomorrow, but I'm more worried about getting home on Monday with the northeast possibly getting smacked by Sandy. Oh no, I might not be able to leave.

I would say HIGH probability you won't be getting home on Monday so it would be a good idea to make alternative plans now.

Patricia
10-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Just wanted to report that we saw no rain at Icot 15! It was a little windy though. :fan:

Katzateer
10-28-2012, 07:25 PM
It was rainy the day I posted that - must have been before you arrived.

Was so happy we didn't get rain for the Halloween party - that was a great night!!

Strmchsr
10-28-2012, 09:22 PM
Just wanted to report that we saw no rain at Icot 15! It was a little windy though. :fan:

I'm so glad the storms stayed east of Orlando!

SBETigg
10-28-2012, 10:05 PM
I would say HIGH probability you won't be getting home on Monday so it would be a good idea to make alternative plans now.

Weather guru called this one! I'm here for a little longer. So it goes.