PDA

View Full Version : The losers party (aka those that didn't go to the Intercot 15)

Lizzy
10-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Yup. I am a loser. And I really am bad. I live an hour away.

Any one else?

It's been a while since we had a party in here anyway.

So I brought drinks!

Specialty Drink of the loser party: The Loser

Ice
1 oz pisco
1/2 oz Velvet Falernum
3 oz pinapple juice
1 oz fresh lemon juice
1/2 black pepper syrup
1 oz chilled club soda
Pinch of freshly ground pepper, for garnish

Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all the reimaining ingredients except the soda and group pepper. Shake well. Strain into an ice-filled highball glass. Stir in the soda. Garnish with pepper

Sigh. Wish I was there having a ball instead of sitting here drinking a loser

Dizneyana
10-25-2012, 01:00 PM
I too am a loser..... I live a TAD further than Lizzy does though..... (BAD girl!!!)

Let's have a paaarty!!!!! :number1:

Dizzy.....

Disney4us2
10-25-2012, 01:06 PM
I am not there too... I am celebrating by having an MRI of the L/S spine this afternoon.:( Friday, DD and I will be Trunk or Treating at church and Saturday we will be at Disneyland. Not too bad for "losers", west coast style.

tinkwest
10-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Here I am!

I've brought some Orville Redenbacher sharp white cheddar popcorn to the party. :popcorn:

I'm going to stick with water today. (Counting those calories). Cheers! :cheers:

Dizneyana
10-25-2012, 01:11 PM
Sorry to hear that, Marci..... MRI's arent fun...... good luck and welcome to the party!!!! :party:

Dizneyana
10-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Hi Linda...... LOOOOOOONG time!!!! Nice to see you!!!! :mickey:

Lizzy
10-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Sorry about having an MRI :( But at least you are going to Disneyland!

hey Tinkwest! welcome!

ohhh popcorn. Excuse me while i go stuff my face and wallow in my loserness...

Dizneyana
10-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Lizzy, don't hog the popcorn!!!!! :thedolls:

TinkerbellT421
10-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Here I am too! I brought Jello Shots! :marg::beer:

Ms. Mode
10-25-2012, 01:43 PM
I want in...please! I have Zero Vitamin Water GO GO flavor for those not drinking the hard stuff.

We will be at WDW on Monday night...how's that for timing? Missed ICOT 15 by 3 days.:

Jim&AngieMarriner
10-25-2012, 02:07 PM
We went back in April. Which is fine because we would not have been able to go due to DW getting a new job.

Being a Whovian (Dr Who Fan), I will bring a Dr Who Themed adult beverage. Its called a TARDIS. If you watch Dr Who then you know what the TARDIS is.

The Drink:
Tangere Gin
Absynth
Raspberry vodka
Diet Blue Raspberry soda
Ice
Stir stick

makes for a nice tastey, if strong, drink. :beer::thumbsup:

Disney4us2
10-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Hey... this party is growing:party: I don't feel so alone any more.

buzznwoodysmom
10-25-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm in. Another loser here. I'll have one of those loser drinks, thank you very much!!!

I'll go ahead and blame my kids' school for not making it to ICOT 15. They had a whole week off last week as their "fall" break. Why couldn't it have been this week????????

Nascfan
10-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Oh my gosh I miss our parties here! In honor of almost 80 degrees here in Ohio the past couple days I brought some burgers for the grill.

cer
10-25-2012, 02:25 PM
I'm in!

Glad to know I am in good company....:thumbsup:

Lizzy
10-25-2012, 02:26 PM
I love Dr Who- but only David Tennant really. :blush: I'll have a TARDIS! I got my son a sonic screwdriver for christmas

Did we all forget? Virtual drinks are calorie free! :marg::beer::thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
10-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Did we all forget? Virtual drinks are calorie free! :marg::beer::thumbsup:

In that case I'll have one of each to drink away my sorrows! LOL. And I'll bring my favorite to the party, "virtual" Pina Colavas delivered straight from the Poly anyone?:papple:

Lizzy
10-25-2012, 02:55 PM
As long as we are ordering from the Poly- Can we get some lapu lapus up in here?:papple:

Disney4us2
10-25-2012, 03:01 PM
OOOhhhh... can I have my favorite dessert from Yak & Yeti? The fried cream cheese wontons with the vanilla sauce and ice cream... so yummy.:cloud9:

VWL Mom
10-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Lizzy, hope I'm not too late for the party :party: I brought some :wine:

Hi everyone :wave:

Dizneyana
10-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Here's my favorite:

Caesar:

1 oz vodka (give or take aka freepour) :secret:
salt
celery salt
pepper
1 dash Worcestershire sauce
1 dash Tabasco® sauce
clamato juice

Rim tall glass with celery salt, fill with ice and ingredients. Garnish with a celery stick, straw, olive, pickle, and lime..... ENJOY!!!! :marg:

tinkwest
10-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Hi Linda...... LOOOOOOONG time!!!! Nice to see you!!!! :mickey:

Hi Tracey. Looks like you're in for a week of rain up there! (What else is new, huh?) Maybe we should have some drinks with umbrellas in them. Make mine a mai tai! Thanks for the calorie free reminder, Lizzy.

Dizneyana
10-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Yes, I'm hding under my magic mushroom up here.... :)

I say something with an umbrella would be appropriate!!!! :party:

disney obsessed
10-25-2012, 04:49 PM
Ooooohhhhh!!!! i wanna come! I'll bring the caparhinias. They are not serving them at the food and wine fest this year, so i'd rather be here anyway....

sportsguy2315
10-25-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm in. To complicate matters we had our first snowfall today :( :beer:

Itchy
10-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Yup! Here I sit at home waiting to watch the Giants and Tigers in the World Series Game....

NOT!!!!!

I hope to make the next one.

Having a nice diet Dr Pepper and a bag of popcorn...:blush:

citizensnoopy
10-25-2012, 07:25 PM
I, too, am a loser! But I AM going to Disneyland this weekend --- that kind of takes away the pain. :mickey:

cather74
10-25-2012, 07:40 PM
8 and a half months pregnant here.....so I guess I have to stick to virtual skool bread and carrot cake cookies with a side of Mickey crispy treats....although I could really use a margarita right about now.:mickey::marg:

missymouseworld
10-25-2012, 07:44 PM
In......watching the weather channel and hoping Sandy doesn't visit next week...she is not welcome.

Lizzy
10-25-2012, 08:08 PM
Yeah I had to break out hte hirricane mix. We are already having some bands of wind and rain from Sandy. Hurricane party instead of Icot 15? Nah still not the same.

I wish I was there.

The Happiest Gathering is still one of my favorite memories and one of the funnest weekends I have had in my entire life. I can just imagine what fun they are having this year.

Oh and Virtual drinks are safe for pregnant women too! :thumbsup:

Aurora
10-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Hey, I'm fashionably late! Since it's early here this morning and I'm hungry I brought some pineapple :papple: mimosas, lox and bagels with capers :eat: and huevos rancheros :sombrero:. I'm mixing it up.

:cheers: and stay away, Sandy!

disney obsessed
10-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Well, I went out to stock up just in case. (i live in Virginia Beach.)Brought home loads of sandwhich supplies, munchies and halloween candy. Dig in!

sportsguy2315
10-26-2012, 11:41 AM
It's a chilly 37 degrees this morning as I walked DGF to class, so I brought hot tea this morning. Meanwhile, at Disney, its 82. Save me!

TheDuckRocks
10-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Wearing my :mickey: and ready to :party:
I'm on my way down to the kitchen to mix up a pitcher of :marg:. Who the heck cares if it's 11:30 in the morning! I'm willing to share.
Throwing in some letuce wraps from Yak & Yeti, flatbread from Chef de France and the pot stickers and wings from Ohana. (No wonder I'm in Weight Watchers!:blush:)

JanetMegan
10-26-2012, 02:15 PM
This almost feels like an ol Friday party ;). Hey everyone, chips, cheese dip and margaritas have arrived! Can't believe it's been ten years since I attended an Intercot event!

disney obsessed
10-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Can someone please change the music? It's a small world after all, its a small world after all, its a small world after all, its a small, small world. it's a small world after all, it's a small world after all..............

Disney4us2
10-26-2012, 04:28 PM
I've got the Haunted Mansion Holiday (Nightmare Before Christmas) rhyme stuck in my head...lol:jack::jack::hmghost: La la lalala lalalala lalalala lalala

Thats ok though... I love that attraction overlay

emerzmom
10-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Can I join the party? Listening to the Podcast and reading the Live Reports was fun at first but now I just want to be there too.
I had total hip replacement surgery just a few weeks ago. I feel GREAT!.....but I don't think I can take on WDW yet....but soon!
I would like a Lapu Lapu please!
:tink:
Julie

Lizzy
10-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Yes Janet! It is a nostalgic party also :D

Even though we are getting nasty squalls from Sandy I still want to be there.

I need more drinks! :marg:

disney obsessed
10-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Hi Emerzmom! Glad to hear the replacement went well. Welcome to the
Bionic Mom group.

T-Belle
10-26-2012, 11:07 PM
Oh pleeeeeeeze...can I join the party???? So bumed about not being there that I opened a bag of Halloween candy!!!!:secret:

Disney4us2
10-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Whooohooo we just got back from MNSSHP... LOL...not really... it was our churchHalloween party & trunk or treat. One can pretend though. There were a few adults dressed up in Disney costumes. I wore a Stitch hat and a Disney Halloween Tshirt.

stephicakes
10-27-2012, 09:00 AM
Woohoo! Just joining the party fashionably late. ;) Hi everyone!!

It's rainy up here as well so I'll take a Mai Tai with an umbrella too!! oh... and I brought a bag of Chex Mix to share! :number1:

Throw a veggie burger on that grill for me... LET'S PARTY!!! :marg: :woohoo:

citizensnoopy
10-27-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm bringing hummus! Lots of hummus! :)

sportsguy2315
10-27-2012, 03:26 PM
DGF and I played Mario Kart on the Wii last night. Fun stuff, but not as fun as WDW! :mickey: She's going to the theater tonight so I have to fend for my own entertainment.

VWL Mom
10-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Glad to see the party's still going on. Today I have 2 gallons of milk and a loaf of bread to bring because that's all thats left in the stores here. Anybody have an egg? We could make Tonga Toast :mickey:

Tink1
10-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Well, I do not see you as losers at all. Someone has to keep the fires burning here!

As a consolation prize for you dedicated duty to the above mentiioned fires, I would like all losers to send me an email with their address and I would be happy to send said prize once I make it home.

Nanc

ElenitaB
10-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Nanc, you are just too sweet! Thanks for keeping the homebodies in mind! :thumbsup:

sportsguy2315
10-27-2012, 08:51 PM
I sent you a PM Nanc. Thanks again for keeping us "losers" in mind :thumbsup: .

tinkwest
10-27-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm bringing some Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale :beer: and tuning the TV to the World Series :baseball:

Cheers!:cheers:

magicofdisney
10-27-2012, 10:33 PM
I'm bringing hummus! Lots of hummus! :)

And I'll bring the carrots. I LOVE to dip baby carrots in hummus! :)

emerzmom
10-28-2012, 07:10 PM
I will make some classic New Orleans style Hurricanes (I even have some Pat O'Brian glasses for them) and we can have a Hurricane toast to all those living in the north east.
I live in the gulf coast so I am extremely sympathetic to anyone facing a hurricane.
Prayers and Pixie Dust to all those in the path of Hurricane Sandy.
Julie

PopPhan
10-28-2012, 07:15 PM
Sitting here waiting for Sandy, munching on trail mix and pork jerky wishing beyond hope that I was down at Icot 15!!!! LOL

Call mr a loser. if you will, I can take it!!! LOL

Disney4us2
10-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Had a great time at the losers party. Sending some Cali sunshine:sun::sun: to chase away those stormy hurricane rains and wind:umbrella::rain::umbrella::rain: Stay safe everyone.

P.S.

Broght everyone some Frankenweenie Dogs from DCA's Award Weiners: They are sausages wrapped in bacon. They are in a jalapeno bun with sauteed onions and BBQ sauce. Sounds gross.. but OMG they are soooo good. DD loves her without the onion. I have mine in a regular bun. The jalepeno bun is very spicy.

Disney4us2
10-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Well, I do not see you as losers at all. Someone has to keep the fires burning here!

As a consolation prize for you dedicated duty to the above mentiioned fires, I would like all losers to send me an email with their address and I would be happy to send said prize once I make it home.

Nanc

Nanci,

You are just too sweet. Thank you so much for your generosity. Magical Journeys Rocks:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Aurora
10-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Nanci,

You are just too sweet. Thank you so much for your generosity. Magical Journeys Rocks:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:ditto:

DisneyDawgette
10-29-2012, 01:05 AM
My party senses were tingling! Student teaching makes going this time of year a bear, so in normal UGA fashion, I'll attend a party instead! ;)

It's too stinkin' cold for fall in the South! So my contributing party drink is hot cocoa!

Popcorn, liquor, cocoa, and Vitamin Water... this is the coolest party in the world. :mickey:

Beach Club Babe
10-29-2012, 01:07 AM
Geez Louise, I miss ICOT 15 and this party too! I really am a double loser!

VWL Mom
10-29-2012, 08:19 AM

Nanc

Thanks Nanc, that's so nice of you!

Had a great time at the losers party. Sending some Cali sunshine:sun::sun: to chase away those stormy hurricane rains and wind:umbrella::rain::umbrella::rain: Stay safe everyone.

P.S.

Broght everyone some Frankenweenie Dogs from DCA's Award Weiners: They are sausages wrapped in bacon. They are in a jalapeno bun with sauteed onions and BBQ sauce. Sounds gross.. but OMG they are soooo good. DD loves her without the onion. I have mine in a regular bun. The jalepeno bun is very spicy.

I'm snatching up some of that Cali sun, hopefullly it will help! The virtual Frankenweenies were right up my DS alley, thanks!

Maybe we can extend this loser party into hurricane party? Check-in with updates and let everyone know how you're doing. I'm sure some our ICOT friends that are not affected by the storm would be happy to share their goodies with us. :D

disney obsessed
10-29-2012, 10:37 AM
I was going to propose we turn into a hurricane party as well! We are flooding pretty badly in Virginia Beach. We have been lucky that the wind hasn't been to bad, but we have had 7 inches of rain plus full moon high tides.
Plus its cold!
Made some chili and bought some beer.

VWL Mom
10-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Just finished baking up some Mickey Halloween cookies and some SkinnyTaste Pumpkin Muffins....dig in everyone!

buzznwoodysmom
10-29-2012, 10:59 AM
Oh wow, the party is still going! LOL.

Disney4us2
10-29-2012, 11:15 AM
Oh wow, the party is still going! LOL.

Denise,
Some good things just keep on going.:D:party:

missymouseworld
10-29-2012, 11:29 AM
So far, so good....wind and rain, but not too horrible yet. Apparently, it is supposed to pick up later today. Soups on for the day!

tinkwest
10-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Sounds like some hot coffee might be in order. Have it regular or add some Bailey's. :coffee:

Lizzy
10-29-2012, 07:26 PM
I hope everyone is staying safe while we convert this party from the losers party to the hurricane party!

kaylamag
10-30-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm a little late to the party, I was following the ICOT 15 celebration on twitter and was going through some major Disney withdrawl, I ended up getting a :mickey2::minnie2: tattoo on Thursday evening. Maybe I should have checked the boards first, oh well, now I always have a little bit of Disney magic with me.

badkitty
10-30-2012, 10:38 PM
So I missed I-COT 15 and the Losers Party. Good grief, that makes me a double loser. :(

diz_girl
11-02-2012, 11:33 AM
So I missed I-COT 15 and the Losers Party. Good grief, that makes me a double loser. :(

Me too. I had my own pity party.

First, on October 25th I saw a Medal of Honor recipient give a speech at my work (he was very good).

Then on the 26th (Friday) I had a massage.

Then on the 27th DS5 tested for his green belt in Tae Kwon Do.

Then there was the hurricane, and I missed being in NJ. Parts of my old town we evacuated, and I missed it. I still wish I was there, without power but surrounded by friends.

Then yesterday to wrap up my celebration, I got braces. Again. Ow.

emerzmom
12-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Thank you Nanci (Tink1) from Magical Journeys ! I got my "surprise" in the mail yesterday. How sweet of you to do this. I love my "prizes"!
Julie