PDA

View Full Version : Old Key West Room Request

eeyoremom
10-24-2012, 07:12 PM
Anyone have suggestions for room request at OKW? We've never stayed here before and may possibly in Jan. Walking is an issue, we're 2 older people, but like to try something new. Do most use your cars a lot? We will have one with. Also, we have usually stayed moderate, will we really miss a food court? Thanks

Auroring Good Time
10-24-2012, 11:01 PM
I like building 19. It is right next to a quiet pool and a short walk to the bus stop.

Pirate Granny
10-25-2012, 06:55 AM
No food court...a small counter to order very limited food at the main bldg...too far to walk from 19, but can take the bus, it's the next stop on the line if bus is going to any of the parks. 19 also faces the quiet pool.

epceddie
10-25-2012, 10:13 PM
I would suggest asking for a room near the Hospitality House. Buildings 13 and 14 are right across the road from the HH, where the main pool, the store, and Olivia's are located. We stayed in Building 14 in February and found it very convenient to make the short walk to the HH for swimming and the boat to Downtown Disney.
If you will have a car with you, I would recommend a river view in Building 45. We had a studio there and my wife had a great time sitting on the patio watching the boats go by.

Janmac
10-26-2012, 09:39 AM
We asked for a building with an elevator because of DH's knees, which had not yet been replaced. We wound up with 62, if memory serves, and ground floor. It was a short walk to Hospitality House.

The counter service does have a limited selection, even compared to Deluxe resorts without food courts. As was said, you order from a counter - no inside seating.

We did love our 2 bedroom - so much room. Our building got a lot of traffic noises from busses entering the resort but the beautiful landscaping outside and roominess inside made a little noise perfectly acceptable.

Jan

eeyoremom
10-26-2012, 04:27 PM
A hot tub is important to us. Is there one by each of the quiet pools?

Maleficent's Dad
10-26-2012, 04:43 PM
A hot tub is important to us. Is there one by each of the quiet pools?

Yes. :mickey: