PDA

View Full Version : Hotel close to disneyland

ransam
10-24-2012, 03:10 PM
I need help.
can someone suggest a hotel, relatively cheap, that i can drive an electronic wheelchair from the hotel to disneyland?

i looked at Eden Roc. and the Quality Inn. It's hard to tell, even through map quest how easy it is to get in and out in regards to sidewalks. any help would be greatly appreciated.
thank you!

tinkwest
10-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Neither of the hotels you mentioned seem terribly convenient to me for travel in an electronic wheelchair. I would think that one of the hotels directly across Harbor Blvd would be your best bet. Look in to Best Western Plus Park Place Inn or Tropicana Inn and Suites or any of the other hotels within about 1400 and 1600 South Harbor Blvd. These are directly across the street from the Resort's main entrance. Another option is the Candy Cane Inn which is on the same side of the street as the Resort with a straight shot to the park entrance. They also have a shuttle but I don't know if it is wheelchair accessible.

Disney4us2
10-24-2012, 04:43 PM
The Park Vue Inn is directly across the street from the Harbor entrance to the esplande to the park. I also was looking into the Candy Cane Inn. They don't have elevator's for their second floor and couldn't guanantee me a bottom floor for mobility needs so I didn't book there. I did book a room at HOJO, but cancelled. I ended up using my DVC at the Disneyland hotel instead.

bruin1344
10-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Red Lion is a good hotel. We got a decent deal through Orbitz. We always walked back and forth between the hotel and DL without problems. You'll have to cross a busy street but there is crosswalks with traffic lights.

mariak
11-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Hello “Shawnee, KS” it’s great to see a neighbor out there! I grew up in KC. My family is scattered in Roeland Park, OP, and Leawood. Plus some on the Missouri side.

Anyway, we were just there in August and stayed at both The Disneyland Hotel and at Marriott’s Fairfield Inn. The Fairfield Inn was quite a bit cheaper. It’s also one of the hotels right across the street from Disneyland, on South Harbor Boulevard. This one is down just a little from the cross walk that takes you to the park and it sits back kind of behind Mimi’s Café and McDonalds. I’m pretty sure we were actually on the sidewalk with motorized wheel chairs at some point so I don’t foresee problems getting around. If you decide to stay at the Fairfield Inn, you’d need to be careful getting back to the hotel (through the parking lot) but there are sidewalks on the way back to the building (next to Mimi’s and along the hotel’s pool fence).

The Fairfield Inn was less than a 10 minute walk to the parks and, if you get a park view room, you can watch the fireworks at night from there. We were on the 9th floor and had a great view of the parks! Another plus to staying here was that there’s a Pizza Hut Express on the 3rd floor. With that and McDonald’s next to the hotel, you can save a little on meals.

I was just at ICOT-15 where I had an opportunity to chat with Michael about the hotels on Harbor. He gave a high recommendation for the Ramada Inn Maingate which is another right across the street from the parks. If we do a split trip next time, we’ll probably give it a try.

Good luck and have a Magical Trip!!! :mickey:

Maria

ransam
11-15-2012, 11:33 AM
We booked at the Quality Inn. IS that easy to get to and from disneyland?

ransam
11-15-2012, 11:34 AM
btw-thank you everyone for the replies, really appreciate it.

22 days. WOW

NewDVCowner
11-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Quality Inn isn't too far. Its been about five or six years since I stayed there but I think it was a five to ten minute walk to the gate. They have (or had, at least) a good breakfast, including waffle bar when I was there. The free parking was nice and even though it is right next to the freeway we really didn't get any of the noise once we were in the room. You'll walk right by Mimi's going to and from the park so it's an easy stop to grab dinner or muffins if you want to have something in your room.

I'd stay there again.

ransam
11-15-2012, 03:05 PM
I'll be using an EVC. DO you remember if the sidewalks are ok or wide enough for an EVC?

thank again.

NewDVCowner
11-15-2012, 03:27 PM
There are sidewalks. I don't remember thinking they were unusually small. Sorry I can't be more specific than that.