PDA

View Full Version : Is it Bad......

Airblue1
10-24-2012, 01:33 PM
That we only book places for apps, drinks or dessert?
For instance we booked a dinner at BOG just to A. see the place and secondly have a drink at the MK. We might get an app or a dessert, but our primary reason of the exercise is see the new digggsssss!

:mickey::mickey::mickey:

ginny57
10-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Bad? no....I'm sure you are not alone. I myself probably wouldn't....I'd feel bad taking up a table that someone who wanted to eat there couldn't get and also I'd feel bad for a server trying to make a buck that they wouldn't be getting a typical tip from me.

Guilt rules my life....

Go - enjoy - report back!!

DisneyGlutton
10-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Bad? no....I'm sure you are not alone. I myself probably wouldn't....I'd feel bad taking up a table that someone who wanted to eat there couldn't get and also I'd feel bad for a server trying to make a buck that they wouldn't be getting a typical tip from me.

Guilt rules my life....

Go - enjoy - report back!!

:ditto: We're of the same mind. The guilt I would feel for doing this would far outweigh the enjoyment I would get. As for whether the restaurant would care, I have no idea--I'm not at all familiar with the business side of the industry. I would say as long as you don't make a production out of your drink or appy, and you tip nice, it should be okay.

Gator
10-24-2012, 05:45 PM
You're asking one of the guys that didn't get an ADR for dinner at BOG, and then you tell him your just there for drinks and cheese sticks. I'm gonna have to vote you off the island.

Airblue1
10-24-2012, 08:22 PM
Please do not vote me off the island, we can make our ressie for whatever number you would like gator:) Your party and mine!!!
We def do tip 20%. But when we go to Cali Grill or even a place near our hometown sometimes drinks and apps can add up past a food bill and you fill a little more generous tooooo:))))

Thanks guys and cya at the parks:)))

ThanxForNoticin
10-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Seriously? Guilty about what? It's not like you're going into the restaurant and drinking glasses of water. It's quite common for folks to enjoy some apps, drinks, and/or desserts. We do it often. If you are ordering from the menu, you are a customer. There is no requirement that you order the most expensive meals on that menu!!

Go, enjoy your evening, and enjoy some different apps and desserts. How often are you too full for dessert? This way, you get to enjoy that dessert you rarely get to! It's a great (and guiltless) way to enjoy a meal. And if your server gives you great service, be sure to tip them well....

ginny57
10-25-2012, 10:44 AM
SO SORRY!! I am not trying to make anyone feel bad.....my guilt is mine and I am sorry if it seemed I was trying to make anyone feel bad.

Of course go and enjoy....only saying that I wouldn't go that route....but is certainly doesn't mean no one should.

EJS-Houston
10-25-2012, 10:51 AM
I often order appetizers as an entree at restaurants both in and outside of Disney just to keep cost and portion size down...so I wouldn't feel the last bit guilty about that.

TheVBs
10-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Seriously? Guilty about what? It's not like you're going into the restaurant and drinking glasses of water. It's quite common for folks to enjoy some apps, drinks, and/or desserts. We do it often. If you are ordering from the menu, you are a customer. There is no requirement that you order the most expensive meals on that menu!!

Go, enjoy your evening, and enjoy some different apps and desserts. How often are you too full for dessert? This way, you get to enjoy that dessert you rarely get to! It's a great (and guiltless) way to enjoy a meal. And if your server gives you great service, be sure to tip them well....

Yes, this! Perfect answer. :mickey:

Airblue1
10-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Went to dinner this evening and ordered two apps, gotta be careful how I use the word app being a Michigan fan:), however we shared and it was quite enough food. That is why free dining for us isn't better than room discount. Sometimes I would rather trade my free dining value towards my room:)) It is just wayyyyy tooooo much food and we feel like slugs after our meal:ill::ill

:mickey::mickey:::rocker::rocker::rocker::

lawgirl
10-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Depending on how much you drink (hehe) and the amount of appetizers / desserts you get, you could spend as much on that as a couple who don't order drinks and get the cheapest entree.

I would say as long as you don't spend 3 hours nursing a glass of wine with a basket of bread, I don't have a problem with it. And I'm just jealous you got reservations! Enjoy it!

lawgirl
10-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Went to dinner this evening and ordered two apps, gotta be careful how I use the word app being a Michigan fan:), however we shared and it was quite enough food. That is why free dining for us isn't better than room discount. Sometimes I would rather trade my free dining value towards my room:)) It is just wayyyyy tooooo much food and we feel like slugs after our meal:ill::ill

:mickey::mickey:::rocker::rocker::rocker::

Oh and I totally agree with you on that one...we just can't eat that much, and I hate wasting food, and if an app is all you want, then that's all you need!

LVT
10-27-2012, 07:27 AM
Go for it. :number1:

A Big Kid
10-27-2012, 10:13 AM
Seriously? Guilty about what? It's not like you're going into the restaurant and drinking glasses of wauter. It's quite common for folks to enjoy some apps, drinks, and/or desserts. We do it often. If you are ordering from the menu, you are a customer. There is no requirement that you order the most expensive meals on that menu!!

This. For those who feel guilt, to continue with the logic, if you dont have the largest bill, you should feel guilt.

Go. Enjoy yourself and order what you want or dont want-guilt free!