PDA

View Full Version : How long would you wait for your favorite attraction?

Aurora
10-24-2012, 09:56 AM
Here's the scenario: You're looking at the wait time for your favorite attraction or show and it's longer than you would like. This is the only time you'll be able to ride/see it on this trip. What do you do?

If you knew that the wait time posted was accurate, what is the absolute longest amount of time you would wait in line for your favorite?

P.S. I know a lot of people will want to post how long they HAVE waited, but sometimes that's without intention because the wait time wasn't accurate. I'm curious about how long you would KNOWINGLY wait. As in, I see that the line for Space Mountain is 2 hours, and I'm getting in anyway. :D

Dopey's Girl
10-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Under an hour...I'm like a little kid. I can't stand still that long!

Dulcee
10-24-2012, 10:33 AM
90 minutes tends to be the break point.

azcavalier
10-24-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm just not as patient as the rest of you. 30 minutes, tops. But, remember that as I say that, I have never been to WDW during peak times. If I see more than 30 minutes, we either skip it, or grab a fastpass and come back later.

DisneyDawgette
10-24-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm far too impatient for the waiting game, and I tend to plan in advance to avoid such thing. But I would wait 45 minutes maybe!

The good thing is that the queue lines are at least entertaining! Mostly. :thumbsup:

DonLefNY
10-24-2012, 11:29 AM
If an attraction is posted at more than 40 minutes I'll move on.

Gator
10-24-2012, 11:55 AM
45 minutes tops. I love Splash Mt and ToT, but I'll fastpass it or move and catch it later at that point. Which leads me to the main reason I never go in the summer or holiday seasons. Always the off season.

waymickey
10-24-2012, 12:25 PM
If it is abrand new attraction that I have never done before I will wait an hour otherwise 40 minutes is the tops.

BigThunderFan
10-24-2012, 12:36 PM
IF this was the only chance all vacation I could ride it, and IF it was my absolute favorite ride, I would possibly wait up to 30 or 40 minutes. Yep, I have been spoiled by the off-season travel too.

Now on the other hand: Say we are going to Disneyland where we do not go every couple years, and say Indiana Jones had a 90 minute wait and we only had the one day there, yeah I would probably do it...

Aurora
10-24-2012, 12:52 PM
IF this was the only chance all vacation I could ride it, and IF it was my absolute favorite ride, I would possibly wait up to 30 or 40 minutes. Yep, I have been spoiled by the off-season travel too.

Now on the other hand: Say we are going to Disneyland where we do not go every couple years, and say Indiana Jones had a 90 minute wait and we only had the one day there, yeah I would probably do it...

That's interesting. I wonder how many people would wait LONGER than their favorite for an attraction they've never seen. :scratch:

taleasoldastime
10-24-2012, 12:54 PM
If it was my only chance to ride PotC, I can see myself waiting for up to 75 minutes. I just cant imagine going to disney world and leaving without riding it.

joonyer
10-24-2012, 01:05 PM
I would say 90 minutes would be the limit, for me, but only for a very few attractions, and only if there was no other option, i.e. FastPass, come back later or next day, etc, for that trip. Even then, I may just say we'll do it next trip. If I knew for sure we'd never be back at Disney again, then I might have to reconsider.

MissMaryPoppins
10-24-2012, 01:12 PM
I will wait in a 2 hour line for Space Mountain. It's my favorite ride and I have to do it. The only time I chose not to wait was last summer when the ride was down and they weren't sure when it would be running again.

mom2morgan
10-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Probably not longer than half an hour. I didn't USED to be that way - and actually willingly stood for long over an hour - but I've decided that time is too precious and there are too many good attractions out there. Now, if ALL of them were crowded, I'm not sure what I'd do. Probably give up and go swimming ;-)

Here's the scenario: You're looking at the wait time for your favorite attraction or show and it's longer than you would like. This is the only time you'll be able to ride/see it on this trip. What do you do?

If you knew that the wait time posted was accurate, what is the absolute longest amount of time you would wait in line for your favorite?

P.S. I know a lot of people will want to post how long they HAVE waited, but sometimes that's without intention because the wait time wasn't accurate. I'm curious about how long you would KNOWINGLY wait. As in, I see that the line for Space Mountain is 2 hours, and I'm getting in anyway. :D

ANG
10-24-2012, 01:16 PM
I can wait a super long time. It's the kid's that won't wait.

mom2morgan
10-24-2012, 01:17 PM
That's interesting. I wonder how many people would wait LONGER than their favorite for an attraction they've never seen. :scratch:

I'm guessing a lot - example: Toy Story Mania. Lines are HUGE because it is still fairly new. I saw the same thing at Universal - ridiculous line for Despicable Me which is just a re-working of a ride that wasn't that riveting to begin with.

Airblue1
10-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Thank you iphone now I can wait in line as long as I can receive data...
So pretty long
Pirates of the Caribbean

bruin1344
10-24-2012, 09:00 PM
I'm just not as patient as the rest of you. 30 minutes, tops. But, remember that as I say that, I have never been to WDW during peak times. If I see more than 30 minutes, we either skip it, or grab a fastpass and come back later.

Similar for me. 30 minutes is usually the longest I'll wait and it would have to one of my favorite attractions with a decent queue. If its my favorite attraction that is closing permanently, 1 hour is probably the most. I have waited over a half hour before and I started to become irritated and after riding the attraction, the attraction felt too short for the wait.

DNS
10-29-2012, 12:36 PM
I am going to go with 45 minutes. I do not do lines well. And if we were pressed for time, I would say 20 minutes max.
(Love the fast pass!)

wdwfansince75
10-29-2012, 01:11 PM
I have knowingly gotten into queues forecasting up to 2 hour waits...pre-Fast Pass, and/or when I knew it was my only/last chance on that trip...I've done it for each of the MK mountains, especially Space Mtn...Did it for Soarin'..Fast Passes gone for the day, and just decided to see it once more. Likewise the first trip after TSMM opened.
Thanks to Fast Passes and Park Hoppers, (and Child Swap passes) haven't had to do it on the last few trips...

Polynesian Dweller
10-29-2012, 04:06 PM
We don't feel the need anymore to see any ride each trip. If the queue is over 30 min we'll move on and see it another trip.

EJS-Houston
10-29-2012, 05:16 PM

Ditto. Same here. I could maybe go for 40 minutes if Fast Passes weren't no longer available at the end of the day and it's a favorite ride. But I'd have to really think it over. More than 30 minutes is usually a deal-breaker; I'll get a fast pass or come back later/another day.

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
10-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Anywhere from 1.5 hours to 2 hrs

TexasRoni
10-30-2012, 08:21 AM
30 minutes with kids - if it's just me and DH, I can wait up to an hour.

jpcns50
10-30-2012, 09:22 AM
I would probably have to say, now with all that cell phones can do while you wait, 90 minutes would be my max. Tower of Terror, Space Mountain, Soarin and Expedition Everest are the only rides I would consider 90 minutes.

villavic
11-21-2012, 11:05 PM
45 minutes tops.

I agree, 45 minutes is tolerable. No more.

WDWgoofy
11-22-2012, 10:46 PM
1 hour is the maximum and that is to enjoy an attraction for the first time ever.

Otherwise, I doubt I would ever get in line for a wait of 50 min or more for any ride

Georgesgirl1
11-22-2012, 11:35 PM
Pre fastpass, I would have waited longer (and definitely have), but an hour is my top and that is pushing it. And that is only id all fastpasses are already gone for the day.

BigRedDad
11-26-2012, 10:16 AM
I'm impatient and get frustrated in lines. I'd rather miss an attraction than wait hours for it (I did this time and time again in the 70s and early 80s there). If the posted time is more than 30 minutes, I pass. 30 minutes translates to about 15-20 minutes real time.

barnaby
11-26-2012, 12:44 PM
During our spring break trip in 2008, we waited 2 hours to ride Everest. Posted wait time was 140 minutes. It was my families' first trip, we had never been on it before, it was our last day at AK, and they were out of FPs. Wasn't too bad because EE has a great queue.

Now we go during off-peak times (end fo August) and we either get FPs or if the attraction has a posted wait of 30 mins or more, we come back at a slower time. That strategy worked well for us our last 2 trips.

Last trip we rode Toy Story for the first time. We were as DHS in the evening, and were deciding on either Fantasmic or a few more rides. We decided attractions, and strolled by TSMM. The posted time said 75 mins but the queue looked empty. We asked the CMs outside and they said it was probably less then half that. So we got in line and waited about 25 mins.

LudwigVonDrake
11-27-2012, 07:59 PM
I would say maybe a little over an hour but not by much. As I get older my patience is getting less and less :D