PDA

View Full Version : How is Peter Pan ride?

natstroop
10-23-2012, 05:49 PM
For some reason, we've always skipped the Peter Pan ride. We definately want to try it out this time. I was wondering though, how would it be for someone who gets motion sick very easily? Is it a moving, tilting, spinning ride? How would it be for someone who got dizzy and sick to the stomach on Soarin?

Donald A
10-23-2012, 06:38 PM
It is a hanging ride with the track above you but your feet do not dangle. It does swing a little bit back and forth but that's about it. Everything is for the most part below you. You do move more than Soarin but is it possible your motion sickness is related to the movie part of that ride since in Soarin you really don't move too much?

TinkerbellT421
10-23-2012, 06:55 PM
I haven't found the motion to be too bad? I actually think soarin is worse as far as movement goes. But I'm sure Soarin effects you because of the sense of more motion than you are really feeling because of the effects of the movie. I personally don't think Peter Pan would be bad for you, but I also am not sensitive to that type of motion....now if it were heights that would be a different story! :sick:

faline
10-23-2012, 07:30 PM
One of my favorite rides! I find it to be quite smooth. There are a couple of spots where it get a tiny bit jerks such as when you first leave the track at the bottom to transfer to the track at the top but it's really so charming a ride I can't really imagine it would cause anyone to beocme ill.

natstroop
10-23-2012, 08:42 PM
The ride sounds pretty cool. As long as it doesn't spin or twist around, I'm sure we'll be fine. I can't wait!

ANG
10-23-2012, 08:45 PM
This trip will be our first time on Peter Pan AND Soarin'!!! not sure why we never have before.

steamboat willy
10-23-2012, 10:42 PM
You board a small "sail" boat that hangs on an overhead track. You leave the bedroom scene and travel back to Neverland.
You gotta ride this ride. It is smooth and gentle. Watch out for Tick Tock.

Roger's #1 Fan
10-23-2012, 10:53 PM
Peter Pan is another Disney classic dark ride and always a must see when we are in WDW. You will enjoy it! :mickey:

steamboat willy
10-23-2012, 10:54 PM
You board a small "sail" boat that hangs on an overhead track. You leave the bedroom scene and travel back to Neverland.
You gotta ride this ride. It is smooth and gentle. Watch out for Tick Tock.

figgie
10-24-2012, 08:33 AM
No problems for this group of riders, have fun!

azcavalier
10-24-2012, 09:35 AM
Wow! Really? Some of you have never ridden Peter Pan before? It's a classic!

No, no one gets sick on this ride. It's too short, and just doesn't have the kind of movement that leads to nausea or motion sickness.

Have fun! Just remember that it's much easier to ride this early in the morning, before a wait builds up. It's always something that we do in the first hour after the park opens.

BelleBeauty
10-24-2012, 09:38 AM
This is a MUST DO for us. We absolutely LOVE this ride. It is a classic dark ride with a twist but has no motion sickness issues at all. I get a little sick on Soarin' as well and you won't have any issues on this ride. Definitely try it out!

debbymc4
10-24-2012, 11:39 AM
I am horribly prone to motion sickness and I do just fine on Peter Pan. Winnie the Pooh is a little more challenging for me.

Gator
10-24-2012, 11:53 AM
This is really a great dark ride, though I always wonder why it merits 60 minute lines. Definitely fast pass it.

mom2morgan
10-24-2012, 01:20 PM
It's very gentle. It is also sweet and charming...BUT tends to get some really long lines because it loads slowly, and it's over too fast. Seriously - if you can get on it without a lengthy wait it would be nice to experience it at least once...but I would NOT be heartbroken to skip in if necessary. I made my husband wait in line for an hour the first time and he still hasn't forgiven me ;-)

natstroop
10-24-2012, 01:28 PM
The first time we went to WDW with the kids back in '05, we got to the line at Peter Pan and there was a 60 minute wait. We didn't want to wait that long since there was so much other stuff to see and do yet so we skipped it. When we went in '07, we skipped Fantasyland altogether because the kids thought they were "too old" for that land. So this year, we're going to make it a point to do Peter Pan. The kids were never really interested in the movie, but I told them I want to ride it for sure this time.

bruin1344
10-24-2012, 09:03 PM
It's very gentle. It is also sweet and charming...BUT tends to get some really long lines because it loads slowly, and it's over too fast. Seriously - if you can get on it without a lengthy wait it would be nice to experience it at least once...but I would NOT be heartbroken to skip in if necessary.

My thoughts exactly.

pixiesmimi
10-27-2012, 01:41 PM
The ride is way too short for that long of a line and I've never figured it out. We don't go on it without a fast pass. The last time we rode it, we were back at the finish before the people next to us in the line were even boarding. That is how fast it is. They need to expand it some.

I take Dramamine before going to the parks now so I don't have to worry about getting dizzy or sick. I did this after the first time riding Soarin. I'm not a roller coaster or twisting ride person but am able to ride more now because of this. :thumbsup:

epceddie
11-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Sorry to disagree, but this is one of the most overrated rides at WDW. I would compare it to the ET ride at Universal. Both are okay, but I wouldn't stand in a 45-minute line for either one. Every time we walk by Peter Pan on our way to the Haunted Mansion, we see the wait time and shake our heads.

AmandaChan
11-03-2012, 10:11 AM
I get motion sickness somewhat easily in a car when I'm a passenger and I never even considered this ride to be one that would cause motion sickness at all. It's over pretty quick though, even if you get sick. It's one of my favorite rides and it's def worth doing once!

disneydeb
11-04-2012, 10:08 PM
I LOVE Peter Pan! I feel like I am on my way flying with the children to Neverland! It is a must do for me!

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-05-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm a total ride wimp! There are a couple of places in Peter Pan that I don't love as your boat swoops down, but nothing that makes me sick in the least.

Believe it or not, I was crazy nervous the first time, with the whole "track above you thing", but it is a great ride, you'll enjoy it, so grab a FastPass (or go first thing in the morning) and enjoy!

natstroop
11-05-2012, 01:08 PM
We'll be sure to fastpass it first thing when we get there. Thanks!

Jayhorn
11-07-2012, 09:20 AM
This ride is one of the few "must do" rides on my wife's list. We've waited in line an hour and a half, just to ride Peter Pan.