PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier, Yachtsman or another choice?

CMCTxMom
10-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Intercotters-

DH and I are planning a "date night" for our January trip. The kids will be at the Sandcastle Club at the Beach Club Resort. Dilemma - where to eat? Our current ADR is for Yachtsman, but we'll probably be eating there in June when we return. Should we keep the Yachtsman ressie, change it to Le Cellier (yes, there IS availability - we've never been there) or choose something I haven't listed? We would like to stay in the World Showcase/Epcot Resort Area to be relatively near to the kids.

Thanks!

faline
10-23-2012, 11:23 AM
I've enjoyed both spots so it would be hard for me to pick between the 2!

SBETigg
10-23-2012, 11:56 AM
My vote was for other. I like Le Cellier, and had a very disappointing Yachtsman experience. I've had far better meals at almost every other Signature venue than at both, though.

I can't wait to see what happens to Bistro de Paris, which was a favorite. California Grill, my other favorite, will be headed for refurb. But Citricos, Narcoosee's, Jiko, Flying Fish Cafe, love them all. And still haven't tried Artist Point, but that one has a lot of fans and I'm eager to try it, too.

My Yachtsman experience might not have been the norm, of course. The things that really let me down:

Basic meat and potatoes- there wasn't much creative going on with my plate, but that could be a plus to someone else, plus that is typical of steakhouses. And it would have been fine if the meat was the quality advertised, but I had a very disappointing ribeye.

Service- We had an odd and often absent waitress, but that's certainly not going to be the same for everyone.

Ingredient substitutions or omissions- My bisque was served without the roe chantilly and biscotti, and my husband got the cheese plate which left off some of the advertised ingredients he was looking forward to (and why he ordered it). This one was a major downer for me. Barring a few unforeseen circumstances, if it is on the menu, it should be on my plate or the differences should be explained when I order. This might not be a sticking point for someone else.

Lindsey310
10-23-2012, 02:02 PM
We loved le Cellier when we ate there so my vote is for that. Especially since you are eating at yachtsman another time. DH and I love to try at least one new restaurant every time we go. :eat:

Ms. Mode
10-23-2012, 03:11 PM
My vote is Le Cellier too. We all love the food and it has great atmosphere for "date night". :thumbsup:

CMCTxMom
10-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Aaaand if we go with Le Cellier (which is how I'm leaning) - how much time do you think we need to allow between the time we drop off our kids at the Sandcastle Club to get over to Canada for our ADR?

Thanks! :mickey:

mdricks
10-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Shulas. YUM!

I'll be there Saturday night!!!!

:number1:

Gator
10-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Hard to beat Le Cellier while on Disney property. I love the soft lighting and the heavy food.

But Shula's is a great option, too.

sportsguy2315
10-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Aaaand if we go with Le Cellier (which is how I'm leaning) - how much time do you think we need to allow between the time we drop off our kids at the Sandcastle Club to get over to Canada for our ADR?

Thanks! :mickey:

I'd allow 10-15 mins to get from Y&BC to the International Gateway and add another 5 minutes to get to Canada, but to be safe I'd say budget a half hour.

mom2morgan
10-24-2012, 05:23 PM
I'd allow 10-15 mins to get from Y&BC to the International Gateway and add another 5 minutes to get to Canada, but to be safe I'd say budget a half hour.

Huh...it takes us about 9 hours to get from Canada to Epcot when we visit :confused:
(sorry, I just couldn't resist ;-)

mariak
10-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Hard to beat Le Cellier while on Disney property. I love the soft lighting and the heavy food.

My thoughts exactly! The Wild Mushroom Filet Mignon is AMAZING!! And it’s hard to beat the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup and Maple Crème Brulee!

Happy dining! :eat:

Maria