PDA

View Full Version : New Fantasyland Crowds

rjmdds
10-23-2012, 10:24 AM
This will be our first trip where we will have to incorporate the new Fantasyland into our touring plans. I would imagine that first thing in the morning is the best time to go. I was wondering how crowds have been in this new area and what time of day tends to be the least crowded. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BigRedDad
10-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Since it is not open yet, no one will know. I expect it to be extremely crowded at any time of the day for many months.

rjmdds
10-23-2012, 10:28 AM
I was wondering more about the sections that are open right now...like Dumbo, Goofini.

AgentC
10-23-2012, 10:49 AM
I was wondering more about the sections that are open right now...like Dumbo, Goofini.

I'm not sure if there is a real pattern yet. When Dumbo first opened, the wait times were pretty short (10-15 minutes tops). When they started fast pass the standby times have definitely increased. Friday at 2 there was a 70 minute wait at Dumbo and 50 at Barnstormer. Both rides offer fast pass. The DUmbo fast pass was out about 2 1/2 hours.

Character greetings seem to be running 30 minutes for Daisy/Minnie and 20 for Goofy/Donald.

If they are your priority rides, I would go early and you can probably knock them out pretty quick. They are set off a bit by themselves, so I would try to do the whole area at once rather than back tracking.

rjmdds
10-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Thanks AgentC. That's exactly what I was wondering.

Gator
10-23-2012, 11:50 AM
I'm thinking everyone will be rushing there first thing in the morning and lines will be long. Maybe hitting it later in the day might see less people there. Just a theory.

ANG
10-23-2012, 01:43 PM
We leave in 3 days :mickey: And Fantasyland is top priority for our MK day. We've never done Peter Pan (for whatever reason) so we're getting a Dumbo fast pass first thing, then riding Peter Pan.

Being so close to Halloween, it's nearly impossible to fit a MK day on a non MNSSHP day. Hopefully crowds won't be too bad.

AgentC
10-23-2012, 03:37 PM
We leave in 3 days :mickey: And Fantasyland is top priority for our MK day. We've never done Peter Pan (for whatever reason) so we're getting a Dumbo fast pass first thing, then riding Peter Pan.

Being so close to Halloween, it's nearly impossible to fit a MK day on a non MNSSHP day. Hopefully crowds won't be too bad.

Just in case you didn't know, the Dumbo fast passe machine have moved to the back of the Storybook Circus area. They used to be at Philharmagic. It is a little bit out of the way when you are heading to the rest of Fantasyland

Usually the crowds are a little lighter on an MNSSHP day because people who only do one park one day don't want to go to MK on a night without a parade or fireworks they can see.

ANG
10-23-2012, 04:47 PM
Just in case you didn't know, the Dumbo fast passe machine have moved to the back of the Storybook Circus area. They used to be at Philharmagic. It is a little bit out of the way when you are heading to the rest of Fantasyland

TY for the heads up!

tcswife
10-23-2012, 04:52 PM
My suggestion would be to get a FP for Peter Pan as opposed to Dumbo. The wait for Peter Pan gets long VERY quick! We never had to wait longer than 15 minutes for Dumbo ALL summer!!