PDA

View Full Version : Does Candlelight Processional sell out?

bevyoakum
10-22-2012, 10:31 PM
We'll be at MK on Wed - Dec 5th & wondering if it's worth our effort to hop to Epcot to see the Processional if we don't reserve a dining pkg ahead of time? We'll be at Micky Christmas party the night before & don't know if we'll have energy to do 2 parks.... Will there by space available on a weekday if we don't pay for the dining?

DizneyRox
10-23-2012, 06:46 AM
It's very popular, and the line for those that paid can get long, the line for walk ups is even longer. They do allow walk ups, but there's no guarantee as its first come first served.

Personally, I wouldn't jump from another park in hopes of getting in. If you want to see it on a schedule, get the package.

MickeysBestPal
10-23-2012, 08:31 AM
We'll be at MK on Wed - Dec 5th & wondering if it's worth our effort to hop to Epcot to see the Processional...

Will there by space available on a weekday if we don't pay for the dining?

The CP crowd-level can depend heavily on just who the celebrity narrator is that evening.

We don't know who that narrator will be on Dec. 5-7 at this time. That has not been announced.

Aurora
10-23-2012, 09:20 AM
We don't know who that narrator will be on Dec. 5-7 at this time. That has not been announced.

It's not Blair Underwood? He's listed on the Disney site: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/special-events/candlelight-processional/

natstroop
10-23-2012, 09:45 AM
According to the crowd calendar I looked at, Epcot is a good park to be in on the 5th. And I'm not sure about you guys, but I had never heard of Blair Underwood before he was announced last month. You have three different shows to try to get into. If the first show is filled, wait for the next. If that gets filled, then see the third. Plus, isn't the show in the theater across from American Adventure? When we went back in 2010 to see Starship, the seats were full, so we just stood at the top and watched along with a ton of other people. That could be a last resort if all else fails couldn't it?

Pirate Granny
10-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Be prepared to be in LINE by 3:30 if you don't have the package...and still may not get in the first show...you have to remain in line for the second, third show. Yes you can hear from the street and or American restaurant chairs across the street. We have done that, but not very satisfying. We have the package and are going to see Whoopie Goldberg on the 30th!
:D

Gator
10-23-2012, 11:53 AM
I'll be there that day at the first show! I'd say get in line about an hour before the first show. That will just about guarantee you a seat in the first show. If for some reason you can't get in, you'll be forced to wait until the second. Not a fun option, but at least you'll get in to see it. If you stand in line for the second show, you'll be in line with all the people who tried and failed to get into the first show.

MickeysBestPal
10-23-2012, 01:47 PM
It's not Blair Underwood?

Yup.

Blair Underwood has been announced to narrate on those dates.

Lindsey310
10-23-2012, 02:15 PM
When we were there in december, the line was so long and some of the people who paid for the dining/candlelight dinner package didn't get a seat. We stood along the perimeter and had a pretty good view. Got tired of standing though! :mickey:

By the way, :welcome: to intercot!!!!! :pixie:

CaptainSad
10-23-2012, 09:34 PM
Everyone that has a dinner package is guaranteed a seat for the shows... Thats why they paid extra for it.

MickeysBestPal
10-24-2012, 07:08 AM
Everyone that has a dinner package is guaranteed a seat for the shows... Thats why they paid extra for it.

EXCEPT...
If those Dining Pkg. guests don't show up early enough
before show-time to be allowed into the theater with the rest of the DP guests that performance... before the CM's finally open the venue to walk-up guests.

DP guests can't show up just a few minutes before show-time of a sell-out performance and expect to be seated.

Same thing with the Dining Pkg. at Fantasmic!

Disney4
10-31-2012, 01:34 PM
When we were there in december, the line was so long and some of the people who paid for the dining/candlelight dinner package didn't get a seat. We stood along the perimeter and had a pretty good view. Got tired of standing though! :mickey:

By the way, :welcome: to intercot!!!!! :pixie:

Must have been the NPH readings - I got stuck in that horrific package line - it was insane. I wrote a letter and when I talked to guest relations, they admitted that they just didn't realize that Mr. Harris had such a cult following.

For all the trouble, I have to admit that NPH was the absolute best narrator I have seen at the event.

epceddie
10-31-2012, 02:37 PM
I know that the Candlelight Processional is a special event, but NOTHING in this world would get me to stand in line for hours on end. To me, it's just not worth it, because there are so many other things that you could be doing. I can't justify paying all that money for park tickets and then spending 2-3 hours in a line. Plus, all that standing would make my legs hurt.

BowTie7
10-31-2012, 05:49 PM
I went to the CP last year on a similar early December weekday (it was a Thursday), and was pleasantly surprised to get into the first show with only a short wait. Actually, I think folks were continued to be admitted until just about showtime. I think the crowd can vary greatly based on the day, narrator, and the big unknown of how many lunch or dinner packages were sold for that performance.

Mary ct/cm
11-18-2012, 11:06 PM
:mickey: I know it will be awesome on the 25th of November because my stepdaughter will be singing in it with her high school choir!:thumbsup:

DisneyDawgette
11-19-2012, 01:18 PM
For all the trouble, I have to admit that NPH was the absolute best narrator I have seen at the event.

Oh, wow! I've heard Jeremy Irons is the end-all-beat-all. Unfortunately, he's not scheduled this year! BUT I would absolutely love to see Neil Patrick Harris. I could believe that he's incredible. :)

The Hitchhiking Ghost
11-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Oh, wow! I've heard Jeremy Irons is the end-all-beat-all. Unfortunately, he's not scheduled this year! BUT I would absolutely love to see Neil Patrick Harris. I could believe that he's incredible. :)

We have the CP dinner package on the night NHP is narrator. We've seen John O'Hurley twice and Angela Basset once. Jeremy Irons I would believe would be great. The one person who I'd love to hear narrate would be David Ogden Stiers. Don't know if he still does it or not, but the hear Cogsworth/Major Winchestor narrate would be great.