PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Tree at Animal Kingdom Lodge?

MrPeetrie
10-22-2012, 08:36 PM
We're thinking of doing a trip in December next year. I've stayed at the Wilderness Lodge at Christmastime and it was beautiful. But Animal Kingdom is my DS2's favorite park and I was wondering if they decorate Animal Kingdom Lodge like they do the Wilderness Lodge? Or the Grand Floridian? Is there a centerpiece tree? Does anyone recommend it for a Holiday stay?

faberj
10-22-2012, 09:53 PM
We stayed at AKL in dec 2008 and they had a huge tree in the lobby and it was beautiful!

AgentC
10-22-2012, 10:28 PM
I've stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge twice in December. The tree is beautiful. A definite focal point. Reminds me a great deal of Wilderness Lodge. I would recommend it.

DizneyRox
10-23-2012, 06:48 AM
There are two, one at Kidani and one at Jambo. The one at Jambo is spectacular...

AKL is a deluxe resort and is decorated as one.

Mousemates
10-23-2012, 09:19 AM
The main lobby at AKL is one of our must sees when we visit over the holidays...the tree is magnificent.

RedSoxFan
10-23-2012, 12:40 PM
AKL is beautiful during the holidays!! Very well decorated.:mickey:

figgie
10-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Just beautifully decorated and I love it when the hand bell chior is performing! The lovely bells just ring out in every rafter! :tree: The tree is wonderful, you won't be dissapointed!

buzznwoodysmom
10-23-2012, 07:03 PM
I thought the AKL tree was beautiful as well. However, if I had to choose between WL and AKL for a holiday stay WL would win hands down. For some reason the decor looks better at WL, to me at least. WL just feels like Christmas!

GF is also a beautiful place to be for the holidays. I love walking into the GF with the smell of gingerbread in the air and the ochestra playing Christmas tunes. I will say that WL is a much quieter place to stay compared to GF during the holidays. AKL is probably even quieter. I don't think you could go wrong with any of these.

lawgirl
10-24-2012, 09:57 AM
I've stayed at AKL a few times during the holiday season, and the Christmas tree was unbelievable. It was absolutely gorgeous. It's definitely our favorite resort, especially at Christmas!

MrPeetrie
10-24-2012, 04:49 PM
Thank you, all, for your advice.