PDA

View Full Version : Characters Meals

Airblue1
10-22-2012, 08:27 PM
When we told folks we were taking our DD to WDW for her 1st bday, i know exactly what they wanted to say, so I interrupted them before they could say it... With a, We know it is for us not for her, but in the end we could have never imagined how much it truly was about her and the authentic enjoyment she showed was amazing and not something we ever counted on esp. at character meals.

With that being said I am asking a two parter, one which character meals did/do your DC (s) enjoy the very most?

Could you please share a quick story about a character meal that surprised you or brought you a lifetime of enjoyment in that moment....

Besides we all love Mickey Waffles:mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey::mi ckey

Disney Doll
10-23-2012, 09:48 AM
My kids really enjoy character meals as well. Two of my favorites are Cape May at the Beach Club resort and Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom.

The food is pretty standard with both- typical breakfast buffet. At Crystal Palace we like to get an early ressie so we get into MK before the masses. It's a nice opportunity to take some pics on Main Street and with the castle without the crowd. At Cape May we like that it's at one of our favorite resorts and seems to be a little bit less crowded that some of the park locations. Maybe it's just a better layout, but it seems to feel a bit less chaotic there.

Tigerinvestigator
10-23-2012, 11:06 AM
Our favorite Character meal is at Garden Grill. I have several great memories there. My best was actually before children on our honeymoon. My DW had never been anywhere as a child and so WDW actually blew her away. During our meal at GG, DW met Mickey and Minnie for the first time. Mickey gave my wife a kiss and Minnie saw it and caused a big funny scene and I got it all on tape. We still laugh about it today. I also remember when each of my three daughters got over their fear of characters at GG. Wouldn't trade those memories for anything!:thumbsup:

Gator
10-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Our best character meals with young ones were at Liberty Tree Tavern. But they shut that down, which is a crying shame. However, Chef Mickey's was a hit with my son when he was 1. Also, Donald's Breakfast Safari, which replaced Donald's Breakfastasaurus, should be great for you as well.

Lindsey310
10-23-2012, 05:35 PM
We went with DH's and My nephews. They really loved cape may cafe character breakfast and the best friends breakfast at the Polynesian. Both excellent choices, food and character wise. :mickey:

TinkerbellT421
10-23-2012, 06:36 PM
My absolute favorite character interaction was at crystal palace with tigger. He was a riot! It was during my first trip to the world since I was a kid and my first trip with DBF. We had that dinner on the first night and it made my entire trip. Tigger was making off like he was in love with me. He would walk by the table and make off like he was staring at me while walking by and make believe to walk into the column and other people's tables because he was staring. He would come up behind me and snuggle his nose in my ear. He would walk by and put his hands at his heart and pull his hand away like his heart was pounding. It was hysterical!!! he had the entire end of that restaurant cracking up!!!

ANG
10-23-2012, 09:01 PM
We've only ever eaten a character meal at Chef Mickeys and we have very fond memories of it.

DS1 was almost 2 at the time and we were having breakfast. He was loving the characters the entire trip and he was delighted to see them walking around the restaurant. We had just sat down with a plate full of of food for him and he started to eat. Goofy came up to the table for pictures and reached to pat DS on the head. But he looked up at Goofy, gave a frown, and pulled his plate away, saying "my food." He seriously thought Goofy was going to take his food. It was hilarious! But he wouldn't relax until Goofy left, refusing to get a picture with him. Minutes later, Goofy and his "assistant" came over with a large plate of food from the buffet. Then Goofy got on his knees next to DS to make peace :mickey: DS, the little piggy that he is, was so happy to have more food. He smiled and was in love with Goofy after that.

whitney37354
10-26-2012, 02:06 PM
CRT breakfast: both Ariel & Belle got down on DD's level & had full conversations with her. I almost cry just thinking about it! DD was celebrating her 5th birthday when we went & she enjoyed all the character meals.

CMCTxMom
10-26-2012, 03:26 PM
For my kids - it was dinner at Goofy's kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel in California. My DS was one at the time. I have a priceless picture of him looking up at Belle, "Woah" look on his face.

For MYSELF - I remember when I was in high school, going to Cape May for breakfast. Goofy "proposed" to me with my napkin ring. Very fun! :)

Cinderelley
10-28-2012, 03:15 AM
Liberty Tree Tavern was an amazing character meal. I agree that it is a shame it is gone.

As far as meals you can currently enjoy, Crystal Palace would be my top pick. I booked this on our first trip to enjoy getting into the park early for our "family reunion" photo with very few people interrupting it. I didn't really think we would enjoy the meal as much as we did. It has become a must do on every trip.

I would say my favorite moment there was when I was with my ex-boyfriend for his birthday trip. He was very "manly" with all of the characters - little reaction, took my picture but didn't get his picture with them, etc. What I didn't know was that Eeyore had been his favorite when he was young. I saw Eeyore sneaking up behind him while we were eating and laughed when Eeyore hugged him from behind. What I didn't expect was the giant smile that appeared on my ex-bf's face when he realized who it was. He was like a little kid all over again. It was an amazing moment.

mom2morgan
10-28-2012, 12:19 PM
I'm so sad we were never able to go to WDW with really little ones- the first time we ever went my youngest was 8. But I have two that stand out - when we went to CRT when DD was 9 I managed to catch a picture of her just as the bubbles were released. She's a pretty cynical, tom-boyish kid, so the look of total wonderment on her face is pretty special (doesn't hurt she was waving a wand around in the picture, too!). And the tone of having teenagers at a character meal is pretty cute - Prince Charming at 1900 Park Fare was very "flirty" and the stepsisters were telling them to BACK OFF and leave the eligible men alone! At Akershus Belle commented that having such pretty daughters must keep their "beast" of a father very busy scaring off suitors :-)

etibbetts
10-29-2012, 11:48 AM
We went when my neice was 15 months old, and yes it was more for her parents, but she still loved it. She also enjoyed the character meals, she would squeal with delight when she saw the characters.

I personally like Crystal Palace the best for character meals. Although when my neice was that age - her favorites were Liberty Tree (seeing Minnie) and Hollywood & Vine (as she LOVED Jo-Jo).

Enjoy!