PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy from Disney Or Re-Sale???

Dario
10-22-2012, 04:42 PM
Hello I just was wondering if the group could gime me some guidance. Anyone has any could help me understand what is a better option?

Thanks!:cloud9:

DizneyRox
10-22-2012, 08:11 PM
How do you plan to use it?

VWL Mom
10-22-2012, 09:38 PM
If you are looking to buy points for use at Disney DVC properties you would get a much better deal going through resale. If you are looking for the more elaborate trips, you would need to buy direct. We originally bought direct but added on through resale over the summer. The cost per point was about half of what they wanted for VWL direct.

Last year Disney changed there policy regarding where resale points could be used:

New Policy Announced for Re-sale Purchases
Disney Vacation ClubŪ has announced a new policy that limits access to certain Member Getaways exchanges for Ownership Interests purchased on the secondary market (also known as the re-sale market).
Under the new policy, Members who purchase from anyone other than Disney Vacation Development, Inc., on or after March 21, 2011, will not be eligible to use those Vacation Points to make reservations within the Concierge Collection, the Disney Collection or the Adventurer Collection. Those Vacation Points will instead be valid only for reservations at Disney Vacation Club resorts, as well as for RCIŪ exchanges, Club Cordial and Club Intrawest.

Dario
10-23-2012, 07:33 AM
I am just looking to use the point to go down to FL and CA. I mostly for the parks. I am not really trying to use them for Other trips...Where can I find what is consider a Concierge collection?

VWL Mom
10-23-2012, 08:57 AM
The 2012 page can be found here (http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc_v0302/languagespecific/eng/member/vacationplanning/pointscharts/2012/conciergecollection/2012PointsChart_ConciergeCollection.pdf)

Dario
10-23-2012, 10:57 AM
The 2012 page can be found here (http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc_v0302/languagespecific/eng/member/vacationplanning/pointscharts/2012/conciergecollection/2012PointsChart_ConciergeCollection.pdf)

Thank you!!!! Those seem to be a lot of point for just one night. I guess that if I am going to any of those locations i will pay cash!;)

faline
10-23-2012, 11:48 AM
We bought resale (but that was before the rules for resales changed) and are happy with our decision. If we add on, we'd likely buy resale again - even with the new rules.

Dario
10-23-2012, 12:33 PM
We bought resale (but that was before the rules for resales changed) and are happy with our decision. If we add on, we'd likely buy resale again - even with the new rules.

Faline,

Thank you! I think with the price breaks it will be better to buy resale.

Thanks!

JMTStone
11-05-2012, 04:11 PM
As we would most likely ONLY spend our points on property (even Vero Beach, Fl), I would buy resale.

Like Faline, we bought resale before the change and we purchased from The Timeshare Store (see link on top right) and it was easy-peasy.

What I also like is when times are tough, you can also rent your points out. One year my husband got laid off and we rented our points out and were really happy.

PlutoPlanet
11-14-2012, 12:04 PM
We had a good experience buying from The Timeshare Store.