PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and Pixies needed

Disney4us2
10-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Just over 5 years ago I had back surgery for a cyst in the spinal column. While the surgery took care of the cyst, it left me with severe arthritis and spinal stenosis.

It is now happeing all over again. Since Thursday, the pain has been horrible. At first I thougt it was a pulled muscle. My doctor called in a muscle relaxer for me... didn't work. It is like being tasered in the spine with every move I make. I can't lay down at all. I have to sleep in the recliner.

Jessica was so concerned she wanted me to go to the hospital, and not wait until Monday to go to my appointment with the doctor. So Saturday night I had my brother drive me to the ER along with Jessica. The ER doctor agreed with me that it is something in the spine hitting a nerve so no x rays were done. I did get shot to help with the pain an an Rx for some Tylenol with Codeine.:D. That has helped me get through the day and night until this morning and my appointment.

I am going to see how soon I can get an MRi set up and get in with the neurosurgeon as well. Don't know for sure if it is the same thing, or if it is a pinched nerve, or a herniated disc. The MRI will give the answer.

I really don't want another back surgery, but with this pain, I welcome it.

I could really use some prayers and pixie dust right now.

Thanks so much

Mickey'sGirl
10-22-2012, 12:12 PM
I hope you get relief quickly, Marci!

VWL Mom
10-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Marci, how terrible. I hope they figure it out quickly so you can be pain free. Prayers and pixie dust be sent your way.
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

BrerGnat
10-22-2012, 01:22 PM
So sorry you are dealing with this! We can hope for a diagnosis that does not mean more surgery! Hopefully, it's just something simple that will resolve itself with time.

Keep us updated and take care of yourself!

clausjo
10-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Hi Marci, I hope you find out what it is and can get it taken care of without surgery! Postive thoughts headed your way!:pixie::pixie:

(PS - the kids say to say Hi to Jessica!)

Disney4us2
10-22-2012, 04:05 PM
I am scheduled for the MRI tomorrow. After I get the results. I will contact the surgeon. He wants the results before making an appointment. At least things are moving quicker this time.

Hope I don't have to wait long to get the results.

TinkerbellT421
10-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Sending prayers and pixie dust! Good luck :( one thing I know is any back pain or back problems are definitely not fun!

SBETigg
10-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Marci, sending prayers, pixie dust, and all good thoughts. I'm sorry you're in pain and I hope they find the cause and can eliminate your pain.

Dsnygirl
10-23-2012, 01:11 AM
Marci, sending prayers and pixie dust your way... I hope you can get this resolved quickly and that you feel better FAST!! :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

vizsla
10-23-2012, 05:08 AM
Prayers and pixie dust on the way.

Lindsey310
10-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Prayers and lots and lots of pixie dust your way!!! Let us know how you make out!!!!

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

Disney4us2
10-23-2012, 11:13 PM
Thanks for all you good wishes. I didn't have the MRI today.

The open MRI machine I was put into was so narrow that my face and stomach was right up against the top. I had a panic attack and had to be removed before anything was even started. This was even worse than the regular MRI machines with the long tunnel. I have been rescheduled at a different center with a better and bigger machine. This machine does it in half the time with better quality imaging. The only drawback is that it is in Beverly Hills, about a 45 minute drive for me. They are the only ones that have this machine though.

Now looking forwrd to Thursday.

Disney4us2
10-25-2012, 09:04 PM
I finally got the MRI done. They ended up putting me in feet first and I was able to see out the end of the machine. My head was just inside. Only had a few little panic attacks when I went in a few inches more. At least is it done and over with.

I have a copy of the films. I looked at them when I got home. The spine itself looks ok. Doesn't look like any herniations. Don't know about any pinched nerves or cysts. I can see things that are really obvious. More so on x-rays than MRI's. Will be awaiting the report and making an appointment with a neurosurgeon as my next step. The waiting continues.:(

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Marci, sending you prayers and pixie dust that it's something that can be resolved quickly and without surgery. Take care of yourself and keep us posted.

laprana
10-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Sending lots of prayers and :pixie::pixie: your way!

Disney4us2
10-26-2012, 03:09 PM
Called the neurosurgeon and made my appointment. They didn't have anything until Nov. 14th, so I took that. If there are any cancellations, they will call to get me in sooner. So in the meantime, just sit tight and keep taking the pain pills.

emerzmom
10-26-2012, 05:00 PM
:tink:
Prayers and Pixie Dust to you.
I had heard about MRI panic attacks and thought it was kind of silly. It is just a machine you lay down in for a while right??? How could that be so bad??? Then I had one. I can totally relate now. I don't know exactly what it is but that enclosed space with right up on my face...I didn't think I was going to make it through the first one and took medication (not like me) to get through the next two. The biggest thing that helped me was going to my "happy place" which was WDW. I just closed my eyes and took an imaginary trip down Main Street and through the Magic Kingdom. It really did help me to get through it.
I hope all turns out okay for you.
:tink:
Julie

Disney4us2
11-05-2012, 04:24 PM
I got the results of the MRI and it is good news... no cysts, no changes, just arthritis. The bad news.... What the heck caused all this pain. Something was hitting a nerve. I am keeping the appointment with the neurosurgeon next week. I need to know what is going on.

I am glad nothing is "wrong", but at the same time it doesn't give me any answers. In the mean time, I am back to my old regular self. That I know how to tolerate...lol

faline
11-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Hope things get better soon, Marci!

tinkwest
11-05-2012, 09:02 PM
How did I miss this whole thread until now?! :oops:

First of all congratulations on making it through the MRI, I know (although not firsthand) they are not easy. DH has had one and has assured me that I would never be able to tolerate it. :nope: Second, I hope the doctors get this figured out quickly. Waiting and wondering are a pain. :wait:

I'll be thinking about you and hoping for the best. :pixie:

Melanie
11-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Marci, so sorry you are having such a difficult time. Positive thoughts and :pixie: that your upcoming appointment gets you the answers you need to alleviate the pain.

Disney4us2
11-14-2012, 01:24 PM
I had the appointment with my neurosurgeon this morning. Good news. Everything is fine. He said that a pulled muscle could have irritated the nerve and that is what caused the pain.

The MRI showed the arthritis and a little disc slippage, but that is not new. He actually thought it looked really good in comparison to the 2007 films.

So no surgery.... :woohoo::joy: Thanks for all the prayers and pixies.... they do work:mickey:

tinkwest
11-14-2012, 02:00 PM
So no surgery.... :woohoo::joy:

Good news.

LVT
11-16-2012, 07:18 PM
No surgery is great.:thumbsup:

Cinderelley
11-16-2012, 11:39 PM
Woot! No surgery :party:. Are you feeling better?

Dsnygirl
11-17-2012, 05:22 PM
So happy to hear it!! :thumbsup: