PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon WL

waymickey
10-22-2012, 11:06 AM
I read on another website that the new menu is not a hit with guests. Many guests are reporting that the once "must do" is now a "never again" place to eat.

Has any one been there to eat since the menu change? Do you think Disney will change it back if it is that unpopular?

I also heard the bottomless shakes are off the menu . :( My favorite.

buzznwoodysmom
10-22-2012, 11:21 AM
I've been wondering the same thing. We have it booked for a group of 14 in Feb. and I'm worried it will not live up to past experiences. I don't think I've seen a single postive review since the menu changed.

ginger19
10-22-2012, 12:30 PM
For me, I have actually had issues with the service there lately. The last 3 times they have been well over 45 minutes to get seated for my ADR and then the service was not nearly what it used to be. I'm moving on to try some new ones in November.

mom2morgan
10-22-2012, 01:44 PM
We ate there 3 days after the menu change, and at that time we were still able to get the bottomless milkshakes. However, I agree with the general vibe - didn't like the skillet, didn't think it was really good and resented no longer having a choice of what to order. And the desserts were yuck.

ANG
10-22-2012, 02:17 PM
We'll be eating there next week. I'll be making a trip report :)

Mackflava99
10-22-2012, 04:50 PM
What changed on the menu?

A Big Kid
10-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Revolt! Revolt, people, revolt. Do not let Disney dictate what we want.

waymickey
10-23-2012, 09:24 AM
This is now the dinner menu,

Build Your Own "All You Care To Enjoy" Family Platter $32.99/person
Choice of Three:
Kansas City style Smoked Pork Ribs
Herb-baked Chicken
Hand-carved Oak-roasted Beef Strip Loin
Citrus-crusted Market Fish
Western-style sausage

Sides for Sharing
Seasonal Farm Fresh Vegetables, Herb-crusted Yukon Gold Potatoes, Cowboy-style Baked Beans, Corn on the Cob

Dessert Sampler Platter (included in price)
Whispering Canyon Chocolate Cake
Jalapeno-Lime Cheesecake
Apple-Cranberry Buckle

There are no entrees just the above platter. Also all fish is now cooked in the same fryer.

The lunch menu is also changed but does have sandwiches and entrees. No more all you care to eat skillet and I don't see the bottomless milk shakes.

CU Tiger
10-23-2012, 11:47 AM
I am sad to hear about this change. This platter is not worth it and I like to have choices. My girls cannot eat $33 worth of food.

I guess I can mark this location off our list of places to eat. I use to enjoy it.

BrerGnat
10-23-2012, 11:50 AM
I used to love this place. The new menu doesn't appeal to me at all. I went there primarily for the variety of smoked meats, and now, the only smoked meat looks to be the ribs, which were not even my favorites. I loved the smoked chicken, brisket, pulled pork, etc. ALL of that is gone and it's all "baked." Bleh. Plus, they got rid of the delicious smashed redskin potatoes. :( And, the salad. :( :(

The desserts look and sound disgusting.

No way would I pay $35 to eat there now. Hope they change it back.

mydisneygirls
10-25-2012, 11:05 AM
We'll be eating there next week. I'll be making a trip report :)

Take some advice....book somewhere else. We ate there in Sept and it was horrible. We won't eat there again unless they change the menu back to the way it was. Ribs were very dry, chicken was okay, and the "brisket" wasn't brisket. It was pieces of eye round roast and when I tell you, we were 3 people and we got 3 pieces. When I asked for more, again 3 pieces.

I have to say, the one thing I did notice (we stayed at WL) was there was never a waiting line and it was never crowded.

I think if no one eats there, they'll get the hint.