PDA

View Full Version : American Adventure Montage Update?

DisnIse
10-22-2012, 09:40 AM
I received a "breaking news alert" about Lance Armstrong being stripped of his Tour de France wins this morning and my first reaction was "Will they pull him from the ending of American Adventure???"

I honestly can't remember if/when they pulled Tiger Woods or if there are other celebrities that have been .... erased....

Just kind of curious. I always like when they update the ending, and maybe it's time to cycle some more in and out anyway?

Ms. Mode
10-22-2012, 10:05 AM
I love this film! However, I'm the only one in my family that has actually seen it; the others use this as prime NAP time! :blush:

Having said that, I would just say that it's sad about Lance. You would think that if any of that was true they would have found out years ago.

Melanie
10-22-2012, 10:07 AM
Tiger is still there. But yes, I agree an update would be nice.

Dulcee
10-22-2012, 10:49 AM
I received a "breaking news alert" about Lance Armstrong being stripped of his Tour de France wins this morning and my first reaction was "Will they pull him from the ending of American Adventure???"

I honestly can't remember if/when they pulled Tiger Woods or if there are other celebrities that have been .... erased....

Just kind of curious. I always like when they update the ending, and maybe it's time to cycle some more in and out anyway?

I can see not pulling Tiger. His personal life wasn't really connected to his performance as a golfer.

But, Lance they may need to. Its a far bigger deal to have doped and lied through a bulk of his professional career then to have had affairs.

Jim&AngieMarriner
10-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Shame about Lance, it really is. I have several Cancer survivors in my family and always looked up to him as an example of never giving up.

This whole thing with doping sends the wrong message about who we are as Americans. The attraction is supposed to highlight our triumphs as a country and as a culture. I really dont like the idea of being represented by a cheater. So as much hassle as it would be to remove, I say remove him. :twocents:

SBETigg
10-22-2012, 11:32 AM
I agree. Tiger's failings were personal, not related to his sport performance. Lance (and this is the result of years of suspicion and investigation, not a sudden thing but very hard to prove) should be removed, unfortunately. It's a sad situation all the way around.

DisnIse
10-23-2012, 08:42 AM
Believe me, I'm in awe of each of them athletically, but the last time we saw the movie, I think it the order of athletes went Michael Jordan (gambling and "womanizing" rumors), Tiger Woods (ahem), Tony Hawk (this was right after he married his best man's wife, or whatever that personal scandal was), and Lance Armstrong (doping).

I'll be the first to say that all the drugs in the world couldn't make me do what Lance Armstrong did, and the attention/money he raised for cancer research is astounding.... but it was just kind of a weird moment when their pictures rolled on the screen as heroes.

The better question might be --- who should take their places???

Gator
10-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Hard to pull Lance when Tiger is still there. Besides, if Lance really doped up, then he was the best bike rider of all the other doped up bike riders. Still, they could change this. Just as long as it's not Eli Manning or Nick Saban.

TinkerbellT421
10-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Like others have said, I too could careless about an athletes love life, that doesn't effect their talent as a sportsman. BUT in my honest opinion when it comes to doping, that's a whole different animal. That physically effects their "talent" at the point. I feel the same way about people in the Baseball Hall of Fame that have tested positive for steroids. Rip them out of it, their "talent" has been tarnished and null and void :blush: lol. But, again, that is just a personal opinion.

DBF and I spent one year seeing the movies that the countries (that had them) offered, and I honestly do not even remember the one in American Adventure :blush: I must have snuck in some nap time :secret:

azcavalier
10-23-2012, 12:29 PM
Believe me, I'm in awe of each of them athletically, but the last time we saw the movie, I think it the order of athletes went Michael Jordan (gambling and "womanizing" rumors), Tiger Woods (ahem), Tony Hawk (this was right after he married his best man's wife, or whatever that personal scandal was), and Lance Armstrong (doping).

I'll be the first to say that all the drugs in the world couldn't make me do what Lance Armstrong did, and the attention/money he raised for cancer research is astounding.... but it was just kind of a weird moment when their pictures rolled on the screen as heroes.

I think that we have lots of great athletes that we could put up there. I have no problem putting them up there, as long as they haven't cheated. Michael Jordan may have many personal flaws, but he never cheated (other than getting more than his fair share of calls). I can think of LOTS of basketball players, but i'm a basketball fan. There are also a lot of great footballers...Steve Young, Joe Montana, Brett Favre, etc, etc. As for other sports....we have great gymnasts, swimmers, baseball players, even other cyclists (Greg LeMond, for example). I'm sure that we could find some great athletes to put up there that have won fair and square.

Dulcee
10-23-2012, 01:31 PM

As I said early I don't have a problem with Tiger..

but others who have far cleaner records then Armstrong:
Shaq
Michael Phelps
Kristi Yamaguchi
Miracle Team of 1980

just to name a few...

Jim&AngieMarriner
10-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Phelps had his own problems between Olympics with Pot. Not sure if he would be appropriate either. Even if he is an amazing athlete.

Gator
10-23-2012, 04:25 PM

Oh, I've got a good one. And this will start all sorts of debate. But I think this guy is talented and as clean as a whistle.

Tim Tebow

OK, let's hear it.

TinkerbellT421
10-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Oh, I've got a good one. And this will start all sorts of debate. But I think this guy is talented and as clean as a whistle.

Tim Tebow

OK, let's hear it.

I cannot....I will not....I.....have....to.............go.......I just.......:help::bang::yeti:

Scar
10-23-2012, 08:00 PM
But I think this guy is talented and as clean as a whistle.

Tim Tebow
Ummm... but Eli Manning isn't? :confused:

Dulcee
10-24-2012, 10:10 AM
I cannot....I will not....I.....have....to.............go.......I just.......:help::bang::yeti:

Ahahahahhaha. I can't. This guy makes my head hurt. I sure hope God has more important things to worry about then this kids football career.

and I again state, their "personal" life shouldn't matter. What should matter is how they hold themselves in their professional life.

Having an affair doesn't make you a bad athlete, doping/steroids/cheating makes you a bad athlete.

texas211
10-24-2012, 09:17 PM
More UT pics would be great. HOOKEM!

Lance, maybe take out.

But MJ, Tiger, etc. Its what they did on the field. You start looking at aspects of their private lives (except maybe if Penn State was up there) then who would you have left? Franklin? Twain? Maybe not.. But for their primary contributions, they belong up there.

Gator
10-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Ummm... but Eli Manning isn't? :confused:

He's not clean as a whistle. Just ask all the San Diego fans when Eli basically said I hate your town - don't draft me. I don't like the Chargers, but Eli's been on the "punk" list ever since for me and bunch of other people.