PDA

View Full Version : Be Our Guest

Airblue1
10-21-2012, 11:23 PM
Is the main dining area only open for dinner? Or will you be able to eat CS lunch in that room?
Many thanks!!

Gator
10-21-2012, 11:49 PM
I would think that with the massive amount of people who'll be beating down the doors to get in for lunch, they'll open up as much space as possible. At least for the first few months after opening. But I could be wrong. Let's see if someone with some concrete info comes along.

buzznwoodysmom
10-22-2012, 09:08 AM
I have heard that only one of the dining rooms, I think there are 3 (is that correct?), will be open for lunch. However, I agree with Gator. I think when the "lunch" dining room fills they will allow overflow into the other rooms.

Ms. Mode
10-22-2012, 09:52 AM
You know, for some reason I can't see them opening the other dining rooms for overflow; especially if they have to be ready for the dinner crowd. Sorry if that sounds like a Debbie Downer. :blush:

VWL Mom
10-22-2012, 10:18 AM
You know, for some reason I can't see them opening the other dining rooms for overflow; especially if they have to be ready for the dinner crowd. Sorry if that sounds like a Debbie Downer. :blush:

I tend to agree with you, I think they're going to use it as 2 separate establishments. I do think this CS location will have CM seating you though.

pixiesmimi
10-27-2012, 03:08 PM
So reservations are only for dinner and anyone can go in for counter service for lunch? Reason I'm asking is I was trying to get reservations for the week of Christmas but none are available but they also had lunch times posted for reservation with non available even though it says counter service.

Katzateer
10-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Cast member told me it is already booked s
Solid into May.

It is the most beautiful dining room - wonder what the food will be like.

Goes4FastPass
10-30-2012, 01:37 PM
I tend to agree with you, I think they're going to use it as 2 separate establishments. I do think this CS location will have CM seating you though.
I have an idea: Let's ALL guess.

BrerGnat
10-30-2012, 01:58 PM
After seeing the main dining room in person, there is no way they will open it at lunchtime. It is FAR too ornate to use as a CS seating venue. Plus, the special themeing in there makes it an attraction unto itself. Gotta keep it somewhat mysterious if they expect it to keep booking up.

SBETigg
10-30-2012, 02:17 PM
From what I've read, of the three dining rooms, only the Rose Gallery is open for lunch. I'm not sure if this means it is the only one open for lunch, but it's open exclusively at lunch. For dinner, it becomes a staging area.

I agree with Natalie that the Ballroom seems far too impressive to allow counter service seating for lunch, however... Apparently, counter service here is unlike any other quick service location. You order at an automated station and they bring you your food at your table, on real dinnerware. No plastic utensils or paper plates. In that case, they probably also show you to a table and I'm not sure if they would open the other two dining rooms for lunch. But I think you can get a look at the ballroom on your way to the other rooms.

chefmickey3
10-30-2012, 08:56 PM
We had a private tour of Be Our Guest during a soft opening last Thursday. We got really lucky - we are not CM! We were told that you order in a room with kiosks with a special rose, then choose the room you would like to eat - all three open - my boys can't wait to try the bedroom! When you get to your table, you put your rose down and they bring your meal to you. Should be a nice escape from the park fun! The restaurant is incredible!

Airblue1
10-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Sooooooo you can eat lunch in the grand ballroom???
:mickey:

BrerGnat
10-31-2012, 08:00 AM
Sooooooo you can eat lunch in the grand ballroom???
:mickey:

I guess we'll have to wait and see. However, Disney's official stance on this is that the ballroom will NOT be open for lunch seating. The area was roped off during New Fantasyland Previews with a velvet rope.

I just don't see how they can allow lunch seating in there when dinner service begins at 4pm. When would they have time to prep the room and clean it up?

Lynn J Mc
10-31-2012, 09:44 PM
We got a reservation today for Dec 17 at 2:00. Never have seen them do adrs for counter service!

BrerGnat
11-01-2012, 08:38 AM
We got a reservation today for Dec 17 at 2:00. Never have seen them do adrs for counter service!

What? I would call back. That might be a glitch. Unless dinner service starts that early. :confused:

Or, is that a MVMCP night? If so, they might do dinner service early since the park closes at 7pm.

pixiesmimi
11-01-2012, 09:55 AM
I was wondering about that, too. When I tried to get reservations for Christmas week it posted times for the whole day. That is why I was confused as to whether lunch is actually a counter (walk in) service or you have to have a reservation. Please post when anyone finds out for sure.

Lynn J Mc
11-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Evidently there was a glitch. Got my confirmation email and it was Crystal Palace. Sorry for the confusion. Now to cancel that!

BigRedDad
11-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Wow...by luck, there was an opening for our trip finally. It is at 8:30PM at night. But at least we will be there. I cannot wait.

pixiesmimi
11-02-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm going to keep trying and maybe a cancellation will come up before our trip. If not, maybe we can get in at lunch.