PDA

View Full Version : Christmas decorations until when?

KatrinaJ91
10-21-2012, 10:53 PM
We are thinking about making a trip to see the decorations and Osbourne lights but are considering the beginning of January instead of December. Does anyone know how long the decorations usually stay up in the parks?

MickeysBestPal
10-22-2012, 06:07 AM
We are thinking about making a trip to see the decorations and Osbourne lights but are considering the beginning of January instead of December. Does anyone know how long the decorations usually stay up in the parks?

In 2012-2013, to see "everything" make your visit to the parks before Dec. 30.

Some things (O-Lights, especially) are scheduled to be operated through Jan. 6.
But to see MK's Castle Dream Lights, the Merry Christmas Parade, and the Candlelight Processional and IllumiNations Holiday Finale at Epcot, make sure that your trip will include a few active days before the end of Dec.

BTW, it's not a good plan to base your timing on when Disney "usually" turns off and/or takes down the Christmas Decor.

That end date changes wildly from year-to-year, based on things as diverse as school dates and even the weather.

A Big Kid
10-22-2012, 06:40 AM
My experience is that a giant wand waves over the park on the night the marathon is run and removes most decorations.

I can remember running through the parks in the early morning hours (Oh dark 30) and seeing everything lit up. Then next day, it's all gone.

mechanic
11-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Official disney passholder calendar showing Osborne lights until 1/6 and castle lights until 1/8
Will try to post link or image later.

mechanic
11-26-2012, 08:41 PM
http://image.passholder.disneyparks.com/lib/fe9a15707365027c73/m/1/WDW+Holiday+Calendar_download_121105.pdf

sgdisney
11-26-2012, 09:25 PM
We arrived this past January on the 5th. When we checked in at POR the lobby was decorated for Chirstmas. Next morning, it was all gone. We did get to see the big trees in all 4 parks, plus the castle lights and Osbourne lights during the first part of our trip. By the time we left a week later, everything was gone. I agree that it's not quite the same after the end of the holiday season.

mechanic
11-26-2012, 10:01 PM
Yes but, I can miss biggest crowds, and save a few dollars by going after the 1st. Haven't been at Christmas since 2001.