PDA

View Full Version : Just Thinking....

RavsRuleDisney!
10-21-2012, 12:25 PM
Was just reminiscing about old rides/attractions long deceased. Most I don't lose sleep over but then I suddenly realized HEY-I miss the the Toad!! Pooh is a cute kids only kinda ride that lacks that real Imagineering touch. Plain and a bit boring IMO.

Now Mr. Toad....that was a fun romp, a trippy, kitchsy, quasi psychadelic journey thru the Toads little world. Toe tappin' music too. BRING BACK THE TOAD!!

If u agree, post and give the Toad some love!!

;)

VWL Mom
10-21-2012, 01:35 PM
We LOVED the Toad and we're sorry to see it go. My son was almost 3 when he road it the first time and it was his again, again ride. I'm a huge Pooh fan but the ride just doesn't cut it for me. Wish he'd hand the keys back.

Lindsey310
10-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Loved loved loved that ride!!! Miss it dearly :blush:

lindique
10-21-2012, 05:36 PM
I liked that ride a lot too - and the good news is that you can still see it at Disneyland in California. In fact, it's a better version than the one we had in Florida. :thedolls:

LudwigVonDrake
10-21-2012, 06:22 PM
I liked Mr. Toad's Wild Ride but I think Pooh is a good replacement :mickey:

Gator
10-21-2012, 06:49 PM
I liked Mr. Toad's Wild Ride but I think Pooh is a good replacement :mickey:

I agree with this. I did Toad at DL and I thought it was good, but nothing that was a must. My kids love the Pooh ride. And I love taking them on it to see their faces. But that's just me. Don't know why they didn't just keep Toad and put Pooh where the new Fantasyland is.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-21-2012, 07:47 PM
I never got to ride Toad, but DH says he loved it.

But, I like the :pooh: ride too, and am glad we have it!

cather74
10-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Toad was my favorite ride as a kid. It made me feel real brave for riding it......weird...I know. Loved being able to " drive" my own car. And thought all the :thedolls: at the end were funny.

Tigerinvestigator
10-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Mr. Toad was my favorite ride as a kid. My DD8 loves the movie. The thing I will always remember is riding as a child and really believing that I was driving and in control. I actually remember being a little stressed every time I rode it!!! That's when you know the magic works. :thumbsup:

DNS
10-23-2012, 12:33 PM
We never got to ride it. It was always so busy and we always would think - next time. So sad. But we are planning to go to Disneyland in 2014 and my understanding is that it is still there. If so, we will wait in line however long it takes. :D