PDA

View Full Version : most under rated and most over rated attractions

taleasoldastime
10-20-2012, 03:04 PM
I saw a thread that made me think of this topic and i thought it would be interesting to see everyones opinions.
What do you think are the most over rated and under rated attractions

Under rated: the trails in AK and monsters inc laugh floor
over rated: dumbo (i said it. dont hate me)

Lindsey310
10-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Under rated: monsters Inc laugh floor (they chose my father in law and put him up on the screen and we still laugh about it weeks later)

Over rated: there are so many I think they should get rid of, these are just a few:
Small world
Stitch's great escape (hate this one!!!!!)
Primeval whirl (never again)
Mission space (rode it once and never again, was sick for the entire day :ack::sick::ack:
Indiana jones spectacular
:mickey:

SBETigg
10-20-2012, 03:44 PM
I think Mission: Space is the most underrated, actually. I love it and never get sick, even though I can't ride the teacups without feeling ill. It's really a great experience, and there is a tame version for people who fear the motion.

Most overrated, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Yes, I know it's gone. But it wasn't that great. Everyone who knows it seems to remember it far more fondly than warranted, as if it was the best ride ever. It was dated and simplistic, not very exciting. I'm not a huge fan of Pooh's ride, either, but at least it's something for the kids.

mom2morgan
10-20-2012, 05:49 PM
most overrated? Soarin'. It's a good ride - I like it , and I'm surely not suggesting they get rid of if. But it is defintely over-rated in the sense that it is so HUGELY popular it always has a long line, and the fastpasses sell out really early. Compared to many of the other very good attractions, I don't understand that. Ditto for Toy Story Mania - I'm not standing in line for 3 hours for that one, at a park that also has the Rock 'n Roller Coaster and the Tower of Terror. Both great rides - just "over-rated" to act as if they are the very best ones going.
Most under-rated, as in people pass them by and really shouldn't? I'd say the Flights of Wonder show at Animal Kingdom. I've talked to so many people who've walked by it time and time again and never gone in. I agree on Monsters as well. And how about Indiana Jones stunt show? I'd venture that in general a lot of shows are "under-rated" because so many people seem to be adrenaline junkies who just want to race from ride to ride. Hence the "Animal Kingdom is boring" mindset ;-)

Donald A
10-20-2012, 08:27 PM
I agree that Soarin is over-rated.

Under-rated in my opinion is Carousel of Progress and the American Adventure.

Simba's Mom
10-20-2012, 09:09 PM
Most under rated, all I can think of is Peter Pan's Flight. Yes, lots of people like it, but DH and DH, both engineers, are so impressed with how well the perspective is done to make you feel you're farther above the city.
Most over rated-Maelstrom-it's over too quickly.

Gator
10-20-2012, 10:13 PM
The PP is gonna be upset with me, but to me, the most overrated ride has got to be Peter Pan's Flight. Yes, I know it's a good dark ride, but so is Pirates, Pooh, Snow White (RIP), Donald's Fiesta boat ride, and Maelstrom - but they don't have 60 minute waits. I just don't get why it gets so much more attention than the other dark rides.

Under-rated: Nemo's Clam-mobile ride. It never ever has a long line - hardly a short line either - but I think it's a great attraction with fantastic effects that tells a good story.

CosmicRay
10-20-2012, 11:18 PM
Over-rated: Soarin

Under-rated: CoP and Laugh Floor.

DizneyRox
10-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Overrated? Toy Story Mania... There's just no way it can live up to the wait times.

Underrated? Animal Kingdom Park. It doesn't get a fair shake.

WDWgoofy
10-21-2012, 09:25 AM
Over-rated
Stitch
Captain Eo:ack:

Under-Rated
Turtle Talk / Monsters
Honey, I Shrunk the Audience (RIP)
IMHO, compared to Captain Eo, HISTA might be the greatest attraction ever!

darthmacho
10-21-2012, 12:36 PM
I don't know if I'm seeing things differently after all these years, or I'm just getting old. In any case, this past trip I discovered that...

I think these attractions are highly underrated:

Pangani Forest Trail
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
The Great Movie Ride
Stitch's Great Escape (My DD loves it.)
Muppets 3D
Jungle Cruise

Maybe these are slightly overrated:

Rock'n Rollercoaster
Kali River Rapids
Toy Story Mania (based on wait times only)

DisneyDawgette
10-21-2012, 09:06 PM
I agree that Soarin is over-rated.

Under-rated in my opinion is Carousel of Progress and the American Adventure.

You and I would be BEST friends. :thumbsup:

Gator
10-21-2012, 11:48 PM
I don't know if I'm seeing things differently after all these years, or I'm just getting old. )

You post like an old fossil :D Unfortunately, I agree - which means you'll be digging me up in DinoLand, too.

Tigerinvestigator
10-22-2012, 09:38 AM
Most Underated: Living with the Land Boatride- It is one of my favorite rides at WDW. Very well done and also goes along with the theme of Epcot better than any other.

Most Overrated: Test Track- I have just never really liked this ride. My DD15 loves it but I just really couldn't care less. I am really hoping that changes with the rehab.

Gator I agree about Nemo as well. I think the queue is probably the best in WDW with the way they make you feel like you are at a quiet beach at sunset and then actually go under the water. The boat with anchor etc also adds the feeling of being under the water. The imagineers didn't have alot of space to work with but I think they did a very good job with what they had.:thumbsup:

bruin1344
10-22-2012, 01:24 PM
Underrated: Country Bears

Overrated: Soarin (I like the attraction a lot but the wait times are too ridiculous).

Mousemates
10-22-2012, 01:47 PM
over - test track ( the thrill part of the ride is simply the equivalent of riding on the interstate in a convertible)

under - Mickey's Philharmagic - it is the perfect combination of classic disney characters, immersive theming (all the way into the gift shop), story line and special effects.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-23-2012, 10:02 AM
Most Overrated: Toy Story Mania, yes it's fun but 2 to 3 hour waits, not worth it.

Underrated: Festival of the Lion King-Top notch show never gets old to me

CU Tiger
10-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Over rated: Soarin' and Test Track

Under rated: Mission Space

The reason some people get sick is because it is a ride that tests you. - I love it!

TinkerbellT421
10-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Under rated: Flights of Wonder in Animal Kingdom. Love seeing this show!

Over Rated: Toy Story Mania in DHS. Yea it's okay, it was cool once. But if I never went on it again I would be okay with that lol

BigThunderFan
10-24-2012, 11:04 AM
It's amazing to see the differences in opinion on so many of these attractions! That is what makes WDW so amazing, there truly is something (and a lot of it) for everyone!

My OPINIONS:

Most Over-Rated:
Monsters Inc, - we thought it was ok, but kind of boring

Festival of the Lion King - heard so many great things about it, we were just expecting more I suppose

Most Under-Rated:
Mission Space - those that get sick give this one a bad name! They have toned it down some, but I remember my first ride and the feeling of liftoff and zero gravity, so cool!

Universe of Energy - this is such a classic Disney ride, this one is more nostalgia than anything but it reminds me of the original Disney animatronics such as Pirates, HM, Carrousel, Small World, etc...

AmandaChan
10-24-2012, 11:20 AM
under: the ride through portion before the drop of splash mountain with the music. the colors and the music, it's amazing.

flights of wonder (did i call it right?). we didn't do it for the longest time and finally did one year, and we loved it. family last year wanted to bypass it but it's the small shows like that and the smaller attractions that makes disney special to us :mickey:

over: rockin' roller coaster. rode it once, don't need to ride it again.

it's a bug life. i seriously hate that attraction. i will probably never let my kids on it. sorry :/

oh and festival of lion king. everyone is very talented in the show but the amazingness of finding nemo just kind of surpasses it a little. it's dh's favorite show but i think they could do a little more with it.