PDA

View Full Version : Christmas day and New Year's Eve

rt207
10-20-2012, 03:03 PM
I just made ressies for dining on Christmas day at Hollywood Studios and for New Year's Eve at Epcot. :santa3: I'm excited because I've wanted to do this for years, but was never able to swing it. Now that I'm living right down the street from the parks, it's easy to schedule, BUT it just occurred to me that the parks may reach capacity before I get out of work (especially on NY Eve). What would happen to my deposit on the ADR if I can't get in?:confused:

Main Street Jim
10-20-2012, 06:00 PM
BUT it just occurred to me that the parks may reach capacity before I get out of work (especially on NY Eve). Depends on what time you get out of work. As the park(s) clear out during the day, they'll let more people in. EPCOT, however, will usually reach capacity for NYE and stay there.

What would happen to my deposit on the ADR if I can't get in?:confused:I *believe* it's a $25.00 charge to your credit card with less than 24 hours' notice of a cancellation. Someone with more familiarity might pop in and answer as well.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Good question!

I'm assuming that Disney would charge you the $10 "no show" fee, but probably with a phone call you could get it reversed.

But, I don't know, and couldn't find anything about it, even with a lot of searching.

Gator
10-20-2012, 10:16 PM
First of all, I'm jealous that you live that close.

OK, I think Disney will be willing to grant a little wiggle room on these days. Of course, you probably won't be able to speak to anyone to cancel without penalties on those days - the workers will be on holiday. But I'm sure if you call the next day, you should be fine. Can't imagine Disney adding insult to injury if you can't even get in.

Mrs Bus Driver
10-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Maybe I am wrong but I believe you would be allowed in because you have a reservation. Hopefully someone who knows will be along soon to answer this. Until someone does you should call Disney and get an answer. I would hate for you to lose such a special reservation. :mickey: