PDA

View Full Version : refresh my memory...rides and backpacks?

rnin02
10-20-2012, 01:27 PM
We haven't been to the parks in 5 years, and never carried a backpack before. this time, with 4yo DS & his stuff, plus my dslr camera & supplies, and snacks I am planning on bringing a largish backpack. Do they have bins for bags? do you try to maneuver it onto the ride with you? We will have an umbrella stroller but I don't really feel comfortable leaving my camera hanging on it while we ride.

ANG
10-20-2012, 01:34 PM
You either take the bag on with you or leave it in the stroller. I've never had a problem either on my lap or by my feet.

Lindsey310
10-20-2012, 03:18 PM
I carried the small version Vera Bradley backpack with me. I would never leave it on a stroller though. Take it with you on all the rides: I have never had a problem, even on rides like tower of terror or rock 'n' roller coaster. :mickey:

Scrappy2
10-20-2012, 03:24 PM
I have carried a backpack many times. If I had a stroller I would always leave the backpack in the stroller and never had a problem. I would carry my camera most times on the ride. Heavy backpack got old carry on the rides so I just started leaving it.

rnin02
10-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Thanks everyone!

Gator
10-20-2012, 10:06 PM
This is what I love about Disney rides. They always have space for your big'ol backpack, which I always carry. We bring a stroller, too, but the only thing I'll leave there is the diaper bag if we have it. That's it. Everything else comes with me, and they've never given me any problems.

TinkerbellT421
10-20-2012, 11:25 PM
Can't do a trip without our backpack! It's a full size backpack, like kids take for school. And it's awfully bulky at times when traveling in January because the weather can be odd we will leave with sweatshirts on in the morning and by afternoon they are in the bag! Never had a problem with any rides :mickey:

EJS-Houston
10-21-2012, 12:45 PM
You either take the bag on with you or leave it in the stroller. I've never had a problem either on my lap or by my feet.

Same here. I've taken my pack on literally every ride (including Everest, RocknRoller Coaster, Mission Space, Soarin', Dinosaur) and never had a problem.

TheHD
10-24-2012, 02:15 PM
We've always had our backpacks as well. I'd say the tightest, most akward squeeze is Space Mountain.