PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Cruise

ANG
10-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Jungle Cruise: Scary or fun for a 1yr old?

I've never been on it, and the videos I've seen of the dark/cave part looks a little intense.

DNS
10-20-2012, 01:14 PM
We have never taken a one year old on it, but I have seen many around that age with no problems. It's a fun, corny ride, not intended to be intense. If you are concerned about dark, ride it during the day. I am sure more people will weigh in, but if I had a one year old, I would not hesitate take take her/him on it.

Gator
10-20-2012, 01:19 PM
I've take my first two kids on it when they were 1, and I'll be taking my 3rd 1 year old on it next month. I've never thought of this ride as scary and neither have my kids. The only time one of them was even a little scared was on Pirates - but that was just for a few moments and it passed. I think Jungle Cruise will be just fine. That tunnel isn't really that dark.

Itchy
10-20-2012, 01:42 PM
I have taken my grand daughter on it when she was 18 months old and it did not scare her in the least. I think it should be ok.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

Lindsey310
10-20-2012, 03:16 PM
I think it will be fine. We rode it in September and I was laughing the whole time at the corny jokes. Not scary at all, I think the baby should be fine. :mickey: :pixie:

minnie-mouse
10-22-2012, 11:47 AM
When my DD was 3 she got scared at that part in the cave with the big snake. Just tell your child it is all pretend.

JMTStone
10-22-2012, 12:03 PM
If I remember correctly, its not that dark in the tunnel because of the shining gold and the accent lighting.

I don't see any problem taking a 1 year old. I think I've seen lap-kids on it more interested in the other kids on the boat than what was going on outside.

Disney Doll
10-22-2012, 12:34 PM
My little one did great at one. Really at that age kids aren't old enough to know that snakes and glaring tiger eyes are meant to be scary. If your child is okay with brief periods of dark you should be fine.