PDA

View Full Version : Episode 41 - The Space Time Continuum

John
10-18-2012, 09:50 PM
The INTERCOT Insider LiveEpisode 41The Space Time ContinuumThe Cast: Melanie, Ian, Gary, Christine, John

- Chilly on the East Coast – We’re talking about weather?

- Smithsonian Magazine online had a great blog on Epcot & we discuss our love for the park and it’s problems - http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/paleofuture/2012/10/revisiting-epcot-center-on-its-30th-birthday/ - Future World Fonts get a mention.* Fireworks on the INTERCOT homepage.

- Christine in the Tower of Terror 10k –with pneumonia. Reports there were a few logistical issues.

- INTERCOT 15th Anniversary Celebration, YETI T-shirts fastest selling product ever.

- CapnTom is now on twitter @capntomicot

- Magic Shots coming via Photo Pass.* The ghosts will appear in the photo

- What item is most photographed?* Maybe a future best of.

- Seriously?* A Castle mention?* Again? Shut it.

- Characters moving and a Big Bird mention

- The Space Time Continuum

- Big Headed Epcot Dolls

- Best of Attraction Narrator - suggested by Biffco – Melanie enjoys Mark Twain – American Adventure. Ian – Paul Frees, Christine loves Patrick Warburton. Gary likes Gary Sinise in Mission Space. John says either Walter Cronkite or Jeremy Irons on Spaceship Earth.

- We come up with the next big Million Dollar Idea for Disney.* Tip of the hat to INTERCOT Consulting Group LLC. Modern way to sell attraction music. It’s called DISNEY SHAZAM! Disney Music on Demand.

- More Castle talk. We’re not kidding. We think the stay in the castle should remain permanent

- Disneyland Happiness Year in Tokyo Disneyland

- Bitter Mel shows up yet again

- Characters in Flight new balloon

- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom and new merchandise

- Storybook Circus

- Yeti Video? It’s a possibility

>> Listen, Download, Love, Tell 20 Friends! (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/)

PopPhan
10-18-2012, 10:20 PM
Thanks gang! A little late to listen to it tonight, but will definitely be listening tomorrow!

Enjoy I15!!!! Wish I was joining you there!!!

AgentC
10-18-2012, 10:28 PM
Hmm. I think we are heading to Magic Kingdom tomorrow. Think I might need to listen in the car to prepare my family for ICOT15. :)

Dopey's Girl
10-18-2012, 11:24 PM
You just made my day! New podcast for Friday will help work go so much better tomorrow!

MelissaW
10-18-2012, 11:38 PM
Just got in from a late work dinner! Can't wait to listen to the new one. Since my friend told me about the podcasts and all things Intercot only about 3-4 weeks ago I have been a non-stop listening fool! Love each and every one of them! I felt I had to brush up on all of the podcasts before I am down for I15! I'm so exicted! And thanks again for your podcasts!:rocks:

John
10-18-2012, 11:39 PM
I'll tell you - we were all on happy pills during the first part of the podcast or something. I listened back and was suprised how much all of us were cracking each other up.:noevil:

MelissaW
10-18-2012, 11:45 PM
You just made my day! New podcast for Friday will help work go so much better tomorrow!

Wish I could listen at work! I usually put them on when I'm getting ready for work but then I can't stop listening and then I wind up late for work.... all the time! Geeesh! I'm addicted!:mickey:

MelissaW
10-18-2012, 11:46 PM
I'll tell you - we were all on happy pills during the first part of the podcast or something. I listened back and was suprised how much all of us were cracking each other up.:noevil:

Having that much fun is a good thing!!!:thumbsup:

Melanie
10-19-2012, 05:07 AM

I don't think I was. ;) I felt like bitter Mel the whole time. :blush:

Dopey's Girl
10-19-2012, 08:00 AM
I don't think I was. ;) I felt like bitter Mel the whole time. :blush:

You don't sound bitter at all Mel! Well maybe just when you were being razzed about the Braves, but who could blame you, since Ian is mean...

Just googled those dolls...first thing that comes up is this podcast. Love it! But seriously, those things are creepy. Almost as creepy as POFQ's food court.

JMTStone
10-19-2012, 08:26 AM
I can't wait to listen. :cloud9:

dpamac
10-19-2012, 08:44 AM
Tell 20 friends? I don't even have that many imaginary friends who like me. :(

JMTStone
10-19-2012, 10:47 AM
I agree, Patrick Wharburton is terrific on Soarin. But - imagine Morgan Freeman on Spaceship Earth.

My husband's dream is to have Disney music piped into different places in the home. DMOD is genius! I would also lose so much money if it was immediately downloadable. I have purchased every CD I could find for park music.

I can't wait to see you all. The meets sound terrific and I'm one of those people who are super excited! :party:

Melanie
10-19-2012, 10:58 AM
You don't sound bitter at all Mel! Well maybe just when you were being razzed about the Braves, but who could blame you, since Ian is mean....

Notice I didn't say one word in return from their razzing. They'd been letting me have it before we started recording as well. :fresh: Admittedly, I was still really hot about it when we recorded. :blush:

Yes, those dolls, FQ food courts and the Spectro clowns. Creepiest things ever at Disney!

Dopey's Girl
10-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Notice I didn't say one word in return from their razzing. They'd been letting me have it before we started recording as well. :fresh: Admittedly, I was still really hot about it when we recorded. :blush:

Yes, those dolls, FQ food courts and the Spectro clowns. Creepiest things ever at Disney!

I did notice. You did very good!

I totally forgot about the Spectro clowns...Why on Earth would anyone put those horrific things in an otherwise happy parade?! Horrible!

TinkerbellT421
10-19-2012, 11:40 AM
Calling it now, I will relisten to all the podcasts and write down how many times Ian's castle stay is mentioned :) I will even include Episode number and minutes in when it's mentioned :mickey:

Wish I knew when I created the best of list....relistening to them all to make that list took three weeks...lol

BriarRose0708
10-19-2012, 01:22 PM
OMG! The new details about the iCot breakfast and Norway meet are SO EXCITING! :beer::marg::yeti:

Dopey's Girl
10-19-2012, 03:02 PM
OMG! The new details about the iCot breakfast and Norway meet are SO EXCITING! :beer::marg::yeti:

I think so too!!! :party::marg:

BriarRose0708
10-19-2012, 03:42 PM
I think so too!!! :party::marg:

I started dancing around like the Yeti during that part, no joke! :yeti::yeti:

Dopey's Girl
10-19-2012, 11:57 PM
I started dancing around like the Yeti during that part, no joke! :yeti::yeti:

I've been doing that happy dance too. Mainly at work..one of my cube neighbors is coming on this trip, so she understands and forgives my dancing!

Ian
10-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Admittedly, I was still really hot about it when we recorded. :blush:Just a word of warning to you all ... Bitter Mel does NOT have a sense of humor when it comes to her Braves.

You know ... the ones who aren't in the playoffs anymore. Those Braves. The ones from Atlanta. Who lost. In the playoffs. Them.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Melanie
10-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Just a word of warning to you all ... Bitter Mel does NOT have a sense of humor when it comes to her Braves.

You know ... the ones who aren't in the playoffs anymore. Those Braves. The ones from Atlanta. Who lost. In the playoffs. Them.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Wow. Big talk from a Phillies fan, you know, the ones who aren't in the playoffs AT ALL.

For the record, circumstances as they were, I was not be necessarily upset about the Braves losing, but instead how it went down. I hate this new play-in game. Hate!!

Ian
10-22-2012, 09:09 PM
Wow. Big talk from a Phillies fan, you know, the ones who aren't in the playoffs AT ALL.We had injuries. :blush:

DisneyBarb
11-02-2012, 11:15 PM
I just discovered your Podcasts (showing my age, did not really know what a podcast was 2 weeks ago). I now don't mind my hour commute each way! You are all wonderful and keep me going in between trips! :mickey: I haven't listen to all of them yet but its my goal!

dpamac
11-06-2012, 08:58 AM
I just discovered your Podcasts (showing my age, did not really know what a podcast was 2 weeks ago). I now don't mind my hour commute each way! You are all wonderful and keep me going in between trips! :mickey: I haven't listen to all of them yet but its my goal!

Welcome to the rathole! I can't guarantee we always talk about Disney but everything we talk about somehow came from a Disney topic. Somehow.

MelissaW
11-06-2012, 10:31 PM
DisneyBarb - you're gonna love them! I got hooked very quickly and like I said in a previous post I'm not very good at patiently waiting until the next podcast are posted! Lots of fun! And now having met the folks on the podcasts - they are even more fun in person! :rocks: