PDA

View Full Version : Zebras at KS?

Simba's Mom
10-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Has anyone who is there now or recently back from WDW seen the zebras at the end of KS yet? When I was on the ride around Labor Day, they told me that the zebras were waiting backstage at that time to be out before the end of October. I'm hoping that the ending scene will be ready by my trip next week.

faline
10-18-2012, 07:22 PM
Not sure. I've read that the zebras are there and getting acclimated to their surroundings. Not sure when they will be open to the public.

Lindsey310
10-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Has anyone who is there now or recently back from WDW seen the zebras at the end of KS yet? When I was on the ride around Labor Day, they told me that the zebras were waiting backstage at that time to be out before the end of October. I'm hoping that the ending scene will be ready by my trip next week.

They told us the same thing. We were there labor day also. Will be interesting to see the area in action. :mickey:

#1donaldfan
10-19-2012, 11:49 AM
We were there in June and saw them every day from your balcony at AKL....we were so lucky !! We did see a few of them, through the "brush" near the end of the safari ride our last day there.....I can't wait to see them again....:cool:

Gator
10-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Funny how they have to keep the zebras away from everything else. One of the safari guides told us a few years back that they'd been moved because "they were bad". I don't know exactly what that means, but I've heard they can be tempermental.

Zawadi
10-21-2012, 06:53 AM
The zebras were removed because they had shown some aggressive behaviour towards the other animals on the savanah. As a result they are having their own on-stage area where the poacher's camp was on the "simba-one" version of the KS tour

DizneyRox
10-21-2012, 09:19 AM
I've seen them all over and was wondering where they ave been in recent years. In the beginning, they were with everything else in the savanah. Then for a while, they were WAAAAAY across the 'river' as you look to the left over the rickety bridge. Then they were gone... Maybe moved to AKL?

Will be nice to see them back on the ride... Some day...