PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP Newbie Question

jennsky
10-18-2012, 06:41 PM
One more week until ICOT15! We've got our tickets for that night, but I was just listening to the Podcast #40 and they were talking all about the candy they collected. Do they really give out a lot of candy? Yum! Do you need to bring your own trick or treat bag? In addition to the candy, I know we need to see the Headless Horseman, but what else?? Let me know your favourite things!

faline
10-18-2012, 07:18 PM
They'll give a bag for candy as you enter the park. We visited trick or treat spots as we came across them but didn't go out of way to find them and still came out with far more candy than I would ever be interested in.

The parade is a must-do! The gravediggers are my favorites - the music really sticks with you. The fireworks are marvelous. I also enjoy the performance at the Castle stage.

Do wear a costume - it just adds to the fun!

Oh - and don't miss a ride through the Haunted Mansion - after all, the whole focus is on Halloween!!

MrPeetrie
10-18-2012, 10:14 PM
First, have fun at the party. It's excellent!

Get a good spot for the parade (we like Main Street). Plan on getting there around an hour early. It gets crowded. The parade is great, the best in our opinion.

There are plenty of candy locations, but there are two candy trails: one is a pathway from the Fantasyland station down toward Tomorrowland. The other is the Splash Mountain queue area. These are must-hits if you want candy.

If you have young children, there are two dances taking place. One is Stitch's Dance in Tomorrowland. The other is Woody's Roundup in Frontierland.

As previous poster suggested, wear a costume. You won't be out of place.

Once the non-party attendees have been cleared out, they switch out the stores to include party-only merchandise. Make sure you get something.

The fireworks are very good. There's also a good Halloween show in the Castle Foreground.

Have Fun!

:thumbsup:

ANG
10-19-2012, 07:57 AM
They'll give a bag for candy as you enter the park. We visited trick or treat spots as we came across them but didn't go out of way to find them and still came out with far more candy than I would ever be interested in.

The parade is a must-do! The gravediggers are my favorites - the music really sticks with you. The fireworks are marvelous. I also enjoy the performance at the Castle stage.

Do wear a costume - it just adds to the fun!

Oh - and don't miss a ride through the Haunted Mansion - after all, the whole focus is on Halloween!!

I second all of this!

Don't forget to buy glowsticks before you go!