PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP Sold Out

Ms. Mode
10-18-2012, 11:54 AM
I just read that the MNSSHP is sold out for tonight, I'm wondering about how many tickets sold that would be. Does anyone know? We have tickets for the last party...can't wait! I've read so much about this event on Intercot that I just HAD to go to at least one. :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
10-18-2012, 12:53 PM
They don't announce the number of tickets sold. It used to be hard capped at about 10,000 people. Now it's much higher.

Ms. Mode
10-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Hmm, well I've been there on New Year's Eve for the past few years; so I figure anything less than capacity will be good. I was just curious about what "Sold Out" would mean. :D

Strmchsr
10-18-2012, 02:07 PM
I was just curious about what "Sold Out" would mean. :D

"Sold out" on hard ticket nights is FAR from capacity. But they do sell a let more than they used to. It used to be the parks felt almost empty on party nights. It was wonderful. Now it can get pretty crowded.

NJGIRL
10-18-2012, 02:53 PM
Yes, I remenber years ago it being empty. :thumbsup: last year it was wall to wall.:(

A tip for anyone who has never gone before. Be inside of the Magic Kingdom well before the party starts. Even though they don't have as many guest at the party as they do regular hours, it's the fact everyone is trying to get in at the same time and it is a mob scene. I know most of us will be there all day, but for anyone who is not, try to be in the park by late afternoon if possible.

DisneyDawgette
10-18-2012, 03:31 PM
We went to the party on Friday and it was dead! Not a crowd to be seen or a line to wait in! But I'm sure it wasn't sold out! :D

Hope you have a great time! :mickey:

Gator
10-18-2012, 04:07 PM
The only problem I have with Disney selling out at these hard-ticket parties is this: they'll have more parties. It's bad enough that 4 out of 7 nights during Christmas have parties, which means you have to pay hundreds more for fireworks that should be included in the price of my base ticket. But with sell outs, they may be tempted to add more parties, raise the price significantly, raise the amount of people allowed into the park, or all three. That's bad news for us penny pinchers.

Main Street Jim
10-18-2012, 05:47 PM
I can tell what the *approximate* number of guests is, for "sold-out" hard-ticket events, and for days like Christmas/New Year's ;)

PM me ;)

disneylovinmom
10-20-2012, 02:20 PM
We went on 10/11 and I just did not enjoy it. It was so crowded, people were rude, and we missed the fireworks due to getting stuck in the haunted mansion because the line was so long. I enjoy the Christmas party much more.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-28-2012, 09:32 AM
I was at the party on 10/18 and it was pretty crowded compared to parties I have been to in the past. It was still a great time and worth going to once in awhile but I wouldn't go every year. Haunted mansion was only a 15 minute wait which I thought would be the worst for a party night.
We talked to a family in line that went to the party on Tuesday night and had so much fun they wanted to go back on Thursday but it was sold out. Soon as I heard that it was sold out it made sense why it was crowded.

minnie04
10-31-2012, 10:22 AM
We went to the party on Friday and it was dead! Not a crowd to be seen or a line to wait in! But I'm sure it wasn't sold out! :D

Hope you have a great time! :mickey:

Ditto!! We were there as well and it was great. No lines and the crowd were so relaxed. I loved it... We did go one year on Halloween and it was sold out and very crowded. The CM said it’s bad on Halloween night, but all the other nights it’s very low, so if we go again I will defiantly pick an off night...

epceddie
11-02-2012, 08:52 PM
We like MNSSHP so much that we've gone two times in one week on past trips.
We've really cut down on the time we spend in the parks. In fact, we're talking about only going for the MNSSHP and the MVMCP in the future.

arm00leg
11-10-2012, 11:59 AM
We went to the Halloween party for our first time on the 10/30 - it was packed, wall to wall bodies. We will never do it again. It just seemed like we paid twice to be in the park for one day, you know what I mean? There were long long lines at every candy spot, hour wait for Peter Pan and other rides, just not worth it. The fireworks were wonderful though and we loved the story lady outside Haunted Mansion. But the crowds were no different than a packed day at the park - making the party not so special.

joonyer
11-10-2012, 05:26 PM
We went to the Halloween party for our first time on the 10/30 - it was packed, wall to wall bodies. We will never do it again. It just seemed like we paid twice to be in the park for one day, you know what I mean? There were long long lines at every candy spot, hour wait for Peter Pan and other rides, just not worth it. The fireworks were wonderful though and we loved the story lady outside Haunted Mansion. But the crowds were no different than a packed day at the park - making the party not so special.

If you went into MK before 4 pm. then you DID pay twice to be in the park that day.

But in general the closer to Halloween, the more crowded the parties are. We've been several times in early to mid-October and found the crowds to be very light. We had a great time, but the price has gotten completely out if hand since we first started going to MNSSHP. We probably won't be going anytime again soon; it's just not a very good value anymore, even though HalloWishes is totally awesome.