PDA

View Full Version : Crowd prediction for Fantasyland official opening?

Aurora
10-18-2012, 09:44 AM
With all the soft openings for regular guests, AP holders, CMs and the like, how do you think the crowds will be for the "official" opening on the Dec. 6 weekend for the New Fantasyland?

My parents will be traveling to WDW on that day, and I know Mom would love to see the new area, but Dad doesn't handle huge crowds well (he's sight-impaired, and navigation is challenging when there's a lot of people around).

Anyone have their ear to the ground on this one?

PopPhan
10-18-2012, 11:13 AM
If that is the weekend when they are doing the Christmas Parade filming, it will probably be pretty packed in the Magic Kingdom.

Main Street USA will be crowded with parade watchers and you would be routed around that area. All 'spill off' guest would/will probably be headed for the opening early before funneling out to the rest of the park. Once the parade filming is complete for that day, I would expect that those people will also be headed for the opening.

With your dads situation, I would think better about trying Magic Kingdom that weekend.

Of course, this is all dependent upon that being the weekend of the taping....Otherwise, the crowds will probably be higher than normal for that time frame, but not nuts.

Strmchsr
10-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Of course, this is all dependent upon that being the weekend of the taping....Otherwise, the crowds will probably be higher than normal for that time frame, but not nuts.

Parade taping is the weekend prior to the official opening. However, from what I'm hearing from my CM friends, they're being told to expect massive crowds. If your dad has a problem with crowds, it'd probably be a good idea to avoid MK.

Itchy
10-18-2012, 11:44 AM
I would love to see the new Fantasyland, but I would imagine that the crowds will be so thick you could stir them with a stick.

I plan on making my visit next year, so if it were me I would avoid the opening day. Its not going anywhere soon.

Disney Doll
10-18-2012, 01:21 PM
We've kind of been wondering the same. We'll be there Dec 2nd-8th. Planned that well before the Fantasyland opening was announced. I think our strategy is going to be to hit MK earlier in the week, maybe hope for a soft open, and avoid MK from the 6th on. We'll be back so if we don't see it there's always next year.

Aurora
10-18-2012, 01:46 PM
Parade taping is the weekend prior to the official opening. However, from what I'm hearing from my CM friends, they're being told to expect massive crowds. If your dad has a problem with crowds, it'd probably be a good idea to avoid MK.

That's what I was wondering. Thank you! They'll be there until the 11th so they can wait until the weekend has passed.

disney obsessed
10-18-2012, 02:58 PM
I am going down for that weekend but the kids and i have opted to do the christmas party sunday night only for the magic kingdom. I am hoping this strategy will be a good one. Especially because i decided to go with my kids instead of the meet. ( Now I am second guessing my decision.....)

Gator
10-18-2012, 04:11 PM
I'll be at the MK the next day. Hoping that the big hooplah doesn't spill over into the next day.