PDA

View Full Version : iPhone/Smart Phone Apps!

TinkerbellT421
10-18-2012, 08:59 AM
Okay, so a recent Intercotee mentioned in a new thread about her receiving her first ever iPhone, which got me thinking about the apps. I finally joined the iPhone world recently as of October 1st and I don't know about you but I can't pull myself away....it's awful lol but so much fun :blush:

I am sure like others, I am an APP ADDICT! :blush: I get an idea and I go oooooooo is there an app for that!?

So I wanted to start a thread for us to be able to share our favorite, and maybe share some experiences of our not so favorite avoidable apps! Let's share some info!!! Let's load up our phones with highly addicting apps so we can never have to be sociable to anyone face to face ever again! (okay I got carried away, sorry lol)

My recent personal favorites thus far are:
1) AroundMe (this app helps located where you are and will give you all the locations around you, so you feel like Italian for dinner in the middle of nowhere? Pull up this app tell it what you want and BOOM and shows you everything that is around you to help fit your mood)

2) KeyRing - ya know the key ring you have of all the bazillion store saver cards you have? Just add them all together on this app via the bar code scanner, quick easy and I never have to worry about pulling out my entire separate key ring with the million tags on it, just whip out the phone. I used it all the time at Stop and shop!

3) Bubble Mania - stupid silly game that keeps me entirely entertained while waiting anywhere I might be

4) Memories - This is a Disney app that let's you add Disney touches to all your photos!

5) Gas Buddy - love this app! Uses your GPS to locate where are are and show you all the gas prices within so many miles. Going on a road trip? You can punch in zip codes and find out where the cheapest gas is on your way through Kentucky if you want! Great app! You can even register to win gas cards when you upload gas prices when you are out and about. And I have found this to be super reliable! I might not need gas but if a friend does I will take it out to see what it says and it has been right EVERY time!

Lindsey310
10-18-2012, 09:28 AM
As a girl who is obsessed with disney, my favorite apps are Disney themed of course.

Love Disney mobile magic-came in so handy when we were wondering about certain wait times...and when we were walking to a particular ride. Also gives you the wait times of the rides closest to you and the ones with the shortest waits. Love it!

Beers and ears is another one I just downloaded about 2 weeks ago. Haven't used it yet in the world but gives you all the locations for where your favorite beers are located. Yum.:beer:

jennsky
11-11-2012, 05:04 PM
I am new to the iPhone realm as well...Oct. 2 I got mine! I had an iPod touch before but I love the freedom of using apps when I'm not connected to Wifi. I am gonna check out that Key Ring app. Sounds useful!

VWL Mom
11-11-2012, 06:10 PM
5) Gas Buddy - love this app! Uses your GPS to locate where are are and show you all the gas prices within so many miles. Going on a road trip? You can punch in zip codes and find out where the cheapest gas is on your way through Kentucky if you want! Great app! You can even register to win gas cards when you upload gas prices when you are out and about. And I have found this to be super reliable! I might not need gas but if a friend does I will take it out to see what it says and it has been right EVERY time!

Just wanted to give a nod to gas buddy. Since Sandy and the gas shortage they added a section to their app which shows which stations had fuel and asked people to add wait times...saved a lot of riding around for me.

Jotnot is one I use a lot. Turns your phone into a mini scanner, useful for receipts, DS sport schedules, etc.

Flashlight comes in handy in the car at night

Emoji, love the little emoticons

DisneyDog
11-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Waze is the best app ever! It is a FREE gps! And it TALKS!! It works incredibly well. I threw out my old gps. This is so much beter.

Of course, there is the Facebook app. and the Twitter app.

Love the IMDB app. I always have it going whenever we are watching a movie at home, especially animated movies. Also have the Fandango app for movie times.

The free app called "Units" is great for converting units of measurement. Helps a lot in the kitchen.

The Pandora app is great for listening to music. Also, Shazam is wonderful for when you are listening to a song on the radio and you don't know what the song is called or who sings it. It scans the song and tells you what/who it is.

If you have a Library card, and your library subscribes to Overdrive ebooks and downloadable audio books, Overdrive has a free app that works with your library card. You can read ebooks on your iphone or ipad.

And, if you have kids, the Life360 app is great. You can track them by the gps on their phones.