PDA

View Full Version : What Movies are left?

BrerSchultzy
10-17-2012, 04:49 AM
With the current trend of immersing guests in the world of a certain movie (Cars Land in DL, Harry Potter in Universal, and the new Belle-ville in Fantasyland), what movies would you like to visit next? And where should it go?

For example, I think the Studios should just go ahead and admit that it's lost its theme, and devote a large chunk of the park to the Hollywood/Toon Town of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" It would even give them a good excuse to re-locate Mickey and Minnie's houses.

Melanie
10-17-2012, 07:41 AM
For example, I think the Studios should just go ahead and admit that it's lost its theme, and devote a large chunk of the park to the Hollywood/Toon Town of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" It would even give them a good excuse to re-locate Mickey and Minnie's houses.

Well, I think they have to go with what's hot, and right now, for the most part, that's Pixar. I think adding Radiator Springs Racers to DHS and extending Pixar Place (with possible Monsters, Inc. coaster) is as good an idea as any.

Roger Rabbit unfortunately just isn't popular anymore. And Mickey and Minnie's houses are gone. Destroyed.

Dopey's Girl
10-17-2012, 08:23 AM
I would love to see more of the Pixar stuff. The feel of Pixar Place is fun (as long as you aren't stuck in the crush to get to TSM in the morning) and Pixar is what is hot.

Frankly anything without Princesses would be good, the little men in our lives could use some of their favorites to be better represented.

Anything with Cars would be a welcome addition. As would Monsters Inc. or Finding Nemo.

Tink1
10-17-2012, 09:02 AM
....Frankly anything without Princesses would be good, .....

AMEN

Nanc

natstroop
10-17-2012, 09:53 AM
I am actually really surprised that there isn't anything from Meet the Robinsons. Wasn't its main theme all about part of Walt's quote, "Keep moving forward"? How about Ratatouille, Bolt, and Up? Those are some of our favorite movies and you don't see much, if anything, from them.

Dopey's Girl
10-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Up! Can't believe I forgot Up! With a good team, you could build some amazing attractions around Up!

Tigerinvestigator
10-17-2012, 11:29 AM
I agree with Dopey's Girl. Pixar Place should be a huge part of DHS. The success of the movies should produce three or four more big attractions. I have always thought Monster's Inc would make an incredible thrill ride. Radiator Springs would make a great replacement for Lights Motor etc. With two or three Pixar attractions DHS would be fantastic. I may be in the minority here but I also feel that Indiana Jones still has alot of appeal and a ride would make a great addition to the studios right next to the stunt show. Kind of like its own mini land.

The other suggestion I have would be a Phineas and Ferb attraction. A real attraction with either a dark ride, thrill ride, or something similar.:thumbsup:

azcavalier
10-17-2012, 01:23 PM
I agree with Dopey's Girl. Pixar Place should be a huge part of DHS. The success of the movies should produce three or four more big attractions. I have always thought Monster's Inc would make an incredible thrill ride. Radiator Springs would make a great replacement for Lights Motor etc. With two or three Pixar attractions DHS would be fantastic. I may be in the minority here but I also feel that Indiana Jones still has alot of appeal and a ride would make a great addition to the studios right next to the stunt show. Kind of like its own mini land.

The other suggestion I have would be a Phineas and Ferb attraction. A real attraction with either a dark ride, thrill ride, or something similar.:thumbsup:

I'm so used to Facebook, I tried to "Like" your post. Couldn't find a "Like" button.

I wholeheartedly agree. Pixar has killed it at the box office with almost every movie. They could easily put a couple of attractions and expand Pixar Place. DHS would be a much better park.

Lindsey310
10-17-2012, 01:30 PM
[QUOTE=Melanie;2311402]Well, I think they have to go with what's hot, and right now, for the most part, that's Pixar. I think adding Radiator Springs Racers to DHS and extending Pixar Place (with possible Monsters, Inc. coaster) is as good an idea as any.

What a great idea!! I wish the imagineers were reading these posts! I am really excited about the seven dwarfs mine train (in MK obviously) but I def think DHS needs a new theme or ride.

I'm over the Indiana jones stunt show. I think it needs to be replaced with something else. Animal kingdom could use a new ride too. :thumbsup:

tiggerbuddy
10-17-2012, 01:32 PM
I agree !!:thumbsup:

Frankly anything without Princesses would be good

Jim&AngieMarriner
10-17-2012, 01:43 PM
Forgive me for not going with a specific movie or even a studio (ie pixar place). I have to bring up the old stnadard of a VIllians area. I would absolutely love a large section devoted to Villians. Princess meet and grret? Forget it. Let me meet the Evil Queen, Maleficent, Hades, Cruella and others on a regular basis and I couldnt book my next trip fast enough. Everyone likes a good bad guy, let us interact with them.

Attractions would be pretty easy to come up with as well I would think. Not so much song and dance stuff but dark rides, motion sims, interactive attactions (think Laugh Factory).

It even could really launch a new (read not TIRED) line of merchandise. It could be the new cool thing to wear the villian clothing. I could see teens who want to want to be differant anyways really latching on to this.

As always your milage may vary.

ANG
10-17-2012, 02:55 PM
I wish there was something for Up

DisneyDawgette
10-17-2012, 03:12 PM
I am actually really surprised that there isn't anything from Meet the Robinsons. Wasn't its main theme all about part of Walt's quote, "Keep moving forward"? How about Ratatouille, Bolt, and Up? Those are some of our favorite movies and you don't see much, if anything, from them.

YES. Yes. The new Pixar area in DHS can use a lot of help and this would make my family so happy- Ratatouille is a favorite here, and that darn rat is hard to track down! Even at Chefs de France, he doesn't always show! :P

And unfortunately, I prefer the golden days of Disney (Lion King, B&tB, Hunchback, etc...) over most of the new stuff. Sorry Tangled fans, but it just didn't measure up for me! :/

Dulcee
10-17-2012, 03:38 PM
Monsters Inc (Laugh floor just doesn't do it..)
Princess & the Frog (Sorry princess haters)

Smooth
10-17-2012, 03:55 PM
I know that the discussion is about movies that we would like to see represented in the parks... but...
I, personally, would lke to see attractions NOT about movies. Along the lines of Jungle Cruise, Tiki Birds, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Country Bear Jamboree, Pirates of the Caribean, etc.
If I messed this thread up, please forgive. Be gentle, I am a newbie. :blush:

Dopey's Girl
10-17-2012, 04:01 PM
I know that the discussion is about movies that we would like to see represented in the parks... but...
I, personally, would lke to see attractions NOT about movies. Along the lines of Jungle Cruise, Tiki Birds, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Country Bear Jamboree, Pirates of the Caribean, etc.
If I messed this thread up, please forgive. Be gentle, I am a newbie. :blush:

:welcome:

We are always nice! Welcome to the group.

I think building new attractions that aren't based on a film is a great idea, but doesn't totally fit how things have been done lately. I think as long as they do something with HS one of these days, we will be happy!

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
10-17-2012, 04:09 PM
I ersonally think they should add a Jungle Book/ Lion King Area in Animal Kingdom. They could have a Jungle Book themed Dark Ride which would be AWESOME! They could have a King Louis Castle for like a meet and greeat with some of our favorite animal characters like Baloo, Timon, King Louis, Tarzan, Turk( the Tarzan characters would fit in just fine even though they arent part of the Jungle book or anything.) Then for the Lion King section they could have Pride Rock as the symbol of the area and the there woulld be cavesthat some would be attractions and some of them would be resteraunts or gift shops. Also They could have like the Elephant Graveyard. The grave yard have a roller coaster going through it like they were being chased by the Hyenas in movie. Also you could explore the indside of the graveyard and they could have the boiling water like it looked like in the movie but they could be drums or something instead I personally would love something like this!

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
10-17-2012, 04:27 PM
I have so many ideas for new attractions, little areas, and lands for Disney World. There are som many Iconic disney Movies that people love that arent new movies. (exampless: Aladdin, Jungle Book, Tarzan, Lion King, Mulan, Pochahonats, the Little Mermaid, Sleeping Beauty, and Cinderella) I have an idea for Aladdin already A Cave of Wonders ride in Adventure land where they could have a meet and greet in it and also have a ride similar to 'Star Tours' but instead of star tours you were on the Magic carpet trying to escape the cave of wonder and also traveling around the world with some twist like maybe with the fireworks over China like un the movie. :mickey:

Gator
10-17-2012, 04:33 PM
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I want to see a Tron area over at Future World Epcot. They could make a new 3D film featuring the World of Tron. Also, the Imagination area could feature the "Isos" from the film, and how computers are enabling us to create things like never before.

DizneyFreak2002
10-17-2012, 06:55 PM
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I want to see a Tron area over at Future World Epcot. They could make a new 3D film featuring the World of Tron. Also, the Imagination area could feature the "Isos" from the film, and how computers are enabling us to create things like never before.

You will.. it is called Test Track LoL... That's as close to Tron as you'll see in WDW...

mechanic
10-17-2012, 07:16 PM
I like the roger rabbit idea. A meet and greet with Jessica would be very popular.

Roger's #1 Fan
10-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Thanks for all the Roger love....
Unfortunately I don't think they have the rights to him anymore...

In any case, one idea I would like to see resurrected is an Incredibles coaster. Although the original concept was for Tomorrowland, I think Pixar place would be a good fit.

Gator
10-18-2012, 04:13 PM
You will.. it is called Test Track LoL... That's as close to Tron as you'll see in WDW...

That's too bad in two ways. One, a Tron area would attract geeks like me from every sector of the galaxy. Two, they changed the open date for Test Track to the day after our final day at Epcot.