PDA

View Full Version : Baby Care Center

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
10-16-2012, 03:44 PM
I had a question about the baby care centers. It mentions that there is a nursing area, is that area seperate from the rest of the baby care center. The reason I ask is because my husband was going to come with me while I was feeding our DS so I don't have to be alone so much during the day but I obviously don't want to make other mothers uncomfortable if he is with me. So I figured if it was all one open area then it wouldn't be a problem as I'm sure dad's use the baby care center as well so they are in and out anyway.

Just trying to plan ahead as much as possible to make the trip as smooth as possible for all those on our family trip.

Thanks for your help!

Donald A
10-17-2012, 06:22 PM
The nursing area is inside the baby care center and I am not completely sure as I never went into the nursing area (though have been in the baby care center several times) but I suspect that they would not want you husband in that area itself. However, there would be an air-conditioned area within the center to sit. If it is the Magic Kingdom he could also go get some food and sit nearby at the corner at Casey's.

g8rgirl29
10-17-2012, 06:49 PM
I found a link with photo's of the centers. I will send you a message with the link.

ANG
10-17-2012, 07:31 PM
As far as I remember, the nursing area was with the high chairs and the tv area so your possible other kids can be entertained?

I nursed in them in '09. I don't remember many others nursing at the same time as me in that particular center. I would just have DH go in with you, and if there was another nursing mom there, he can just step out.

There are also many nice rides and quiet areas you can nurse thru out the parks.

Patricia
10-17-2012, 07:55 PM
It's been a very long time for me.. although I did use the baby centers for heating food, I never used it for nursing. FYI - When it's hot this is a great stop! I thought there were separate curtained (private to you only) areas that you could use. If so, I would think your husband could join you.

Personally, I found I was able to nurse on the longer dark rides and pretty much everywhere else in the park with a very loose fitting shirt (just tucked him under) and a receiving blanket.

Disney Doll
10-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Nursing areas are separated from the rest of the Baby Care Center.

In MK the nursing area is one large room with several rockers and they have signage specifically stating nursing mothers only. The nursing area in Epcot is set up the same way. No men allowed.

In DHS they have individual rooms with a curtain for privacy, but they are tiny. Other than the one rocking chair already there you wouldn't have room to bring anyone else in.

AK also has private nursing rooms. They are a bit bigger than DHS and have an actual door instead of a curtain. However, there's only one rocker so while I guess your husband could squeeze in he would have to stand.

I like the Baby Care Center nursing areas because they have AC, dimmed lighting, and are typically quiet. It's a good place to get away from all the action if baby is feeling overwhelmed. However, you can't beat the convenience of a nursing cover and one of the many benches throughout each park. There is only one Baby Care Center in each park and they aren't always centrally located so it may be a bit of a pain to go there every time you want to nurse.