PDA

View Full Version : Do you have "getting ready for Disney" traditions?

Simba's Mom
10-16-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm wondering about that last week-like get a haircut, iron, do that very last load of wash (meanwhile announcing to everyone in the family "don't wear anything you want in WDW after [that last load of laundry]" I just realized how steeped in that tradition I am. Last night I made a chart listing my daily "things-to-do" for the last several days. Today one of them was "Go to the bookstore". But DH just bought me a Kindle, so I don't read from books any more. But I still went to the bookstore-all part of the tradition. Anyone else steeped in "getting ready" traditions?

disneymom15
10-16-2012, 04:18 PM
We usually get haircuts and pedicures before a trip. I do extra house work, like to have my house neat and clean when we get home.

goofygirl64
10-16-2012, 04:24 PM
We always watch a Disney movie or 2 or 3 or 4 a few days before our trip to really get ourselves in a frenzy! BTW, we will be checking in at our resort in 2 DAYS!! Yes, I'm excited!

buzznwoodysmom
10-16-2012, 05:30 PM
There is so much I do the days before each trip. I put our mail and newspaper on hold till we get back. We give our dogs an extra good cleaning, get them new chew toys, and fill their food and water containers to the top! Clean out my refrigerator. Make sure all sheets and blankets are washed night before a trip. My house gets extra cleaning the day or two before we leave. Can't you tell I like coming home to a clean house. LOL. We bring our house key and garage opener to my neighbor the night before we leave.

We also get haircuts a week or so before a trip. I used to go do my nails, but there never seems to be enough time these days. I tend to shop for new clothes around the time I start packing. New stuff just feels so good on vacation. The kids and I listen to Disney CDs anytime we are in the car that last week or so before a trip. And I also try to make a run to the book store and game store. It's good to have new books, magazines, or games for us and the kids for the drive down.

We often go with extended family and we pretty much blow up our phones texting each other the last few days before a trip and on the drive down.

Dopey's Girl
10-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Mine is so strange. I buy new socks. I rarely wear tennis shoes in the parks, but I always need to buy new socks.

I also color my hair and do my nails, but that's normal stuff that I do on a schedule. Socks is my Disney thing!

taleasoldastime
10-16-2012, 07:03 PM
I always get my binder of pins out and start organizing what i will keep and trade. I also print out pictures of the pins i'll be looking for.
I love pin trading!

TinkerbellT421
10-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Great topic! :mickey:

Usually I make my to do and to pack lists. Go through my closet picking my outfits including my Disney tshirts :) I get my eyebrows threaded. Main/pedi, I only get one once a year for vacation so I start to feel like vacation when I get myself all done up! Then the usual haircuts. I'm still 50+ days away but tonight we went to target and raided the travel section for my travel size goodies, ie, shaving cream, face scrub, makeup remover pads, I like to get the travel sizes because its less to pack for only a week of products :) I usually get my Avon order in a couple weeks before vacation so that I have fresh makeup! Then I always do a little clothes shopping to see if I find any shirts, bathing suits etc that I might like!

arbie_c
10-16-2012, 07:59 PM
I always start my count down calendar and marking off the day's, then I have my Disney music playlists that I listen to in the car at work and when I go for a run. I pull out my Mickey ears headband and wear them around the house and I start making my packing list. My husband just laughs at me but I love it! Oh I forgot that I pull out my favorite Disney movies to watch a few weeks before my trip.

Laura

bruin1344
10-16-2012, 08:41 PM
read disney world books, watch disney world shows on tv or youtube or watch the vacation planning dvd

figgie
10-17-2012, 10:40 AM
I am also a mark my calendar person. Usually I am waiting for someone to come and visit and that means a trip to Disney with them! Make a list of all they want to do and mark off the days til I head to the airport to pick them up....Hear that Gale....I'm waiting for you to get here...:wait:

Lindsey310
10-17-2012, 01:40 PM
We have a vacation countdown clock in our kitchen. I make sure to check it every day before work.
I get a haircut about a month before and a mani pedi the week of with my eyebrows waxed. Stop the mail, clean the house and do last minute laundry. We love to take our suitcases out about a month before.

We leave in 18 days for grand cayman and I'm so excited!!! :joy: