PDA

View Full Version : ICOT 15 Smartphone Event App & PDF Event Guide

John
10-15-2012, 01:49 PM
The Official INTERCOT 15th Anniversary Celebration Event App is now available for download on all major smartphone platforms.

Just head here:

http://guidebook.com/g/intercot

OR

Scan the QR Code below.

There you'll find instructions on either downloading the guidebook app or how to access it via the web for devices that don't have the native app. Essentially, after you grab the app, just search INTERCOT and download the guide itself.

If you are smartphone-less or just want to have a printed copy - you can download the PDF here. (http://intercot.com/news/i15/ICOT15-Events.pdf)

All event schedules should be final. Should any changes happen, we will update the App and post here in the I-15 forum.

Disney Hungarian
10-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Downloaded app. Downloaded event. Up and running and very cool. Thanks for putting this together.:thumbsup:

JMTStone
10-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Yup, that's it. This does away with my excel spreadsheet.

Thanks Guys!

mariak
10-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Just downloaded the app and browsed through it a bit. AWESOME! TOTALLY AWESOME!!!:thumbsup:

I think I'm gonna grab the PDF on my phone to store in my iBooks too. That's what I usually do w/our trip itineraries (that I make in publisher) anymore…save as PDF and put it in iBooks to have readily available on my phone.

We’ll use it all. Thanks for all your hard work!!!:mickey:

Maria

Dopey's Girl
10-15-2012, 02:50 PM
Looks awesome John! Already have a bunch of stuff on the To Do List. Better start sleeping now, I think as of Thursday next week, there will be very little of that going on!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

DisneyGirl85
10-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Love the staff bios and pics!

Melanie
10-15-2012, 03:19 PM

Agreed Kelly! It's a really nice personal touch. :)

disneymom15
10-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Thanks guys, very cool. Awesome bios and pictures.

Katzateer
10-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Can't get this app....awwwww... :confused: I have an older IPhone ....:(

John
10-15-2012, 10:58 PM
Can't get this app....awwwww... :confused: I have an older IPhone ....:(

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/guidebook/id428713847?mt=8

Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

Requires iOS 4.3 or later.

Have you updated recently? I was under the impression that iphones including the older version could all run the same OS? Not so?

If not you can use the web app and just create a shortcut on your desktop to the main page.

Mousefever
10-15-2012, 11:11 PM

I think that might be my favorite part too! It certainly helps keep some of the names and faces straight!

Amy

TikiGoddess
10-16-2012, 05:59 AM
I put the app on my iPad -- looks great! Now to figure out how to get it on my new (first ever) Android phone that's coming in the mail later this week. Dumb question: where does one get Android apps? Is there an Android store, like the App Store for iPhone apps?

I have not done my research.

Kathy

brownie
10-16-2012, 07:30 AM
I put the app on my iPad -- looks great! Now to figure out how to get it on my new (first ever) Android phone that's coming in the mail later this week. Dumb question: where does one get Android apps? Is there an Android store, like the App Store for iPhone apps?

I have not done my research.

Kathy

Google Play is the Android app market. It should come pre-installed on your Android phone. You can download apps, music, movies, and books through it. You can access Google Play through the web, too.

Buttercup
10-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Weird. I have a blackberry torch... I don't think it's actually downloading the app.

I scan the QR code, and it takes me to the Intercot page on Guidebook. There's a "download the guidebook" button. When I click it, it takes me to the page where I have to search for Intercot.

So I search for it, and it brings up the page with the schedule: "General Info", "Master Schedule", "Sponsors/Staff", etc. But it's not really downloading any app? Nothing is saved on my phone or downloaded like an app. It's like I'm just looking at a webpage that I'll have to surf to each time I want to see the schedule, as opposed to an app that I can interact with on my phone.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong... I guess I could just save the webpage I'm looking at:
http://m.guidebook.com/guide/3918

John
10-16-2012, 12:12 PM
Weird. I have a blackberry torch... I don't think it's actually downloading the app.

I scan the QR code, and it takes me to the Intercot page on Guidebook. There's a "download the guidebook" button. When I click it, it takes me to the page where I have to search for Intercot.

So I search for it, and it brings up the page with the schedule: "General Info", "Master Schedule", "Sponsors/Staff", etc. But it's not really downloading any app? Nothing is saved on my phone or downloaded like an app. It's like I'm just looking at a webpage that I'll have to surf to each time I want to see the schedule, as opposed to an app that I can interact with on my phone.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong... I guess I could just save the webpage I'm looking at:
http://m.guidebook.com/guide/3918

Nope - Blackberry and Windows Phone are both mobile versions - not apps. The reality is that use of both phones is at such a low that it's not worth it for developers to spend the time on seperate apps. Sorry, and that's being said by someone who would take a Windows Phone over any other if it were on my carrier.

So, if you can bookmark the guide - and place an icon on your desktop, then that's your best bet. Also, since service at wdw can be lousy at times, best to print a copy as well as backup or download the pdf to your phone.

Buttercup
10-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Okay thanks John for the clarification! Yeah, apps for the Blackberry are few and far between! haha Once my contract runs out I think I will be making the switch to iPhone. Anyway, I've got my printed version so I'm good to go. Thanks!:thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
10-16-2012, 01:34 PM
The app looks great! :thumbsup:

Yungbuck73
10-19-2012, 03:26 AM
Great job on the schedule. I downlaoded on my Iphone 5 and it looks great. I leave in 2 days and I cant wait to meet you all.

Mousefever
10-20-2012, 12:34 AM
Great job on the schedule. I downlaoded on my Iphone 5 and it looks great. I leave in 2 days and I cant wait to meet you all.

If you haven't done this already, would you consider adding your names and resort to the "Easy Names List"? I'm compiling the list into a document. Thanks!

Amy

Yungbuck73
10-20-2012, 12:40 AM
If you haven't done this already, would you consider adding your names and resort to the "Easy Names List"? I'm compiling the list into a document. Thanks!

Amy

Hey Amy all done. I did a few months ago. I'm on 2nd page. See ya real soon.
Just to make easier for u Justin and Dawn M. Staying at Art of Animation