PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Decor

DVC2004
10-14-2012, 04:10 PM
When do they take down the holiday decor? We are looking at going around 1/2/13 -1/8/13 and I wondered if we would be able to catch any of the holiday stuff before it goes.

Strmchsr
10-14-2012, 07:17 PM
They start taking it down Jan 3-4, but it's a slow process. You'll notice it going little by little each day. It usually takes a couple of weeks so it will definitely be up during your trip.

DisneyorBust
10-15-2012, 12:49 PM
I was in WDW the second week of January of this year and found a lot of decorations still adorning the parks.

MickeysBestPal
10-15-2012, 01:05 PM
I was in WDW the second week of January of this year and found a lot of decorations still adorning the parks.

Yes.

In 2012 and 2013 there was/is an anomaly that has the schools off for an extra week following the Christmas holidays.

Accordingly, Disney has extended the time (in some cases) that the holiday decor remains up.

It is quite likely that they will return to a much earlier removal schedule starting in Jan. 2014.

(There was also a situation on a year or two recently where freakishly frigid temperatures blew in and remained in the WDW area for an extended time, right at the holidays.
At the end of the regular WDW Christmas season, Disney made a special announcement that they were going to leave the Christmas decor up until about mid-January (Jan. 12-14, or so) because of the unusual cold conditions.
But, as it turned out, the cold snap broke a bit earlier than was forecast, and Disney (with no fanfare) began to remove the holiday decor even earlier than their "special announcement" had indicated.
In short, Disney can and will make decisions based on the whim of the weather (and their management.)