PDA

View Full Version : Embarassing moments in the parks

Donald A
10-13-2012, 09:26 PM
I'll share my most embarassing moment. It happened last September when I was in Central Florida interviewing for a job (which I got). My wife and 5 month old were back home in Pittsburgh. The job interview was in Winter Haven so I stayed at AKV on points as a DVC member. I decided to spend the Sunday before the interview in the parks (by myself) as if I was flying down for an interview I might as well enjoy my trip in case I didn't get the job.

At any rate, I woke early to get my money's worth for the $125 single day park hopper. I wanted breakfast and saw that Hollywood and Vine had a buffet breakfast. I got on a bus seeing about getting in figuring if I didn't at least I could go to one of the resorts nearby for breakfast. Well I got to the HS gate and found out I could go in if I wanted to eat. I decided to give my name and go in and eat.

I am sure some of you know where I am going with this as it wasn't until I got inside that I realized that this wasn't just a buffet breakfast but a Character Buffet Breakfast. And no, not a Mickey or Donald character breakfast, but a DISNEY JUNIOR character breakfast. Though I am very aware of Disney Junior now I had no clue then.

My server was cool about it and the characters just walked up and rubbed their tummies to me, but it was a bit unusual to be a grown 35 year old man sitting alone at a character breakfast designed for very young children.

Oh well, at least I had breakfast and started probably one of the most non-crowded days doing almost everything I wanted to do in 3 out of the 4 parks.

Dopey's Girl
10-13-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm sorry, but that is hilarious! Would have paid to see that!

I fell I'm MK once. I was on the little boardwalk thing in Liberty Square walking to get over to BTMRR. It had rained, and I slipped on a leaf. Went down hard, and thought nobody saw me. Until I got up and this guy comes up behind me and says "Wow, you fell hard. You ok? I'd be really embarrassed if I fell." I was ok until then...

taleasoldastime
10-13-2012, 11:52 PM
This isnt my emberassing moment, its my moms bfs. His name is Larry.
So we were standing by the fantasyland restrooms waiting for larrys daughter to finish up when larry suddenly had gas. Unaware of his surroundings and convinced that his gas would be silent, he let it out. To his surprise it was actually very loud. I started laughing really hard because bodily functions are hilarious for some reason, then i pointed behind him. He turned around and looked to find a lady holding her baby and sitting down on a bench directly behind him. He had pretty much farted directly on her and her babys face. She had a look of total disgust. Larry turned bright red which is funny because he is completely bald. He resembled a cherry. He apologized to her but we could not stop laughing about how emberassing it was.

bruin1344
10-14-2012, 09:34 AM
Those are funny stories.

One of my embarrassing moments: I remember being excited that the single rider line on test track was walk on while stand by was over 45 minutes. My party broke up and did the single rider line. The excitement quickly ended when the car they put me in was all screaming little girls and I was the only adult male in the car. I wanted to jump off the car. I must've looked like the biggest creep in the ride photo at the end.

My brother's most embarrassing moment: a bird pooped on his head in Epcot. That was hilarious.

1DisneyNut
10-14-2012, 09:52 AM
I have a story similar to taleasoldastime except it was actually me.

We were staying at Saratoga Springs about 6 years ago. There were a total of 7 of us (kids, niece, etc). We were leaving to go to the parks one morning and when we came around the corner the elevator was at our floor open so the kids ran and caught it. Everyone got in and I was the last. I worked my way into the middle and the doors closed. Well I was like "Hey I could fart right now on the elevator and the kids would think it was hilarious." Well without looking around I ripped a good one but everyone just got big eyed and started looking at each other strangely but I finally just burst out laughing. Then my older son says "Ummm daddy there is someone else on the elevator right behind you!" I thought he was kidding but I turned around and there was this guy right behind me. There were so many of us, he just blended into the crowd on the elevator and I didn't notice him when I got on. I had just raised one leg and farted all over this dude like I did it on purpose or something. I turned bright red in embarrassment and apologized. The guy was pretty cool about it and started laughing a little and said it was ok we were all on vacation but you could tell that he would have preferred that it not been sprayed all over him. lol

As embarrassing as it was at the time, it made a memory we will never forget. The kids still bring it up on the way or when we get to WDW and they tell me "Now dad, don't be farting on other guests while we are here." Not exactly the perfect disney memory but it will be a lasting one. :blush:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-14-2012, 09:55 AM
My moment is also a "fall" story.

We were running through Epcot, trying to get over to DHS before it closed, and it was raining.

Well, I slipped and ended up sitting on the ground, in puddle in the rain. DH comes up and asks if I'm hurt (just my wrist a bit, nothing serious), but when says "let's get you up", I reply with "no, I'm just going to sit here". I was feeling pretty stupid and sorry for myself at this point.

Out of nowhere, this man comes up and says "oh no you're not, there is no crying at Disney" and puts his arms under mine and picks me up and walks off.

Sigh, I'm sure no one else even cared, but I felt like dope.

Aurora
10-14-2012, 11:00 AM
OK this one's kinda gross so if you have a weak stomach don't read.

One of my sisters has the tendency to get sick when she's traveling, and because she is developmentally disabled, there is usually no warning when something's about to happen, if you know what I mean.

My family was attending Mass at the Polynesian Luau Cove one year and things were fine. Everyone was standing at the time. All of a sudden we heard a sound like a bucket of water splashing on the table in front of us. We looked over and sis was, shall we say, recalling what she had to drink that morning.

The worst thing was there was a family standing in front of the table with a little boy about 6 or 7 years old, and he was a victim. Poor thing! My parents apologized and we booked out of there. Hopefully the boy wasn't scarred for life!

mom2morgan
10-14-2012, 09:07 PM
I just have to tell you that my 14 year old daughter and I just left our heads off for, like, 10 minutes ;-)

I have a story similar to taleasoldastime except it was actually me.

We were staying at Saratoga Springs about 6 years ago. There were a total of 7 of us (kids, niece, etc). We were leaving to go to the parks one morning and when we came around the corner the elevator was at our floor open so the kids ran and caught it. Everyone got in and I was the last. I worked my way into the middle and the doors closed. Well I was like "Hey I could fart right now on the elevator and the kids would think it was hilarious." Well without looking around I ripped a good one but everyone just got big eyed and started looking at each other strangely but I finally just burst out laughing. Then my older son says "Ummm daddy there is someone else on the elevator right behind you!" I thought he was kidding but I turned around and there was this guy right behind me. There were so many of us, he just blended into the crowd on the elevator and I didn't notice him when I got on. I had just raised one leg and farted all over this dude like I did it on purpose or something. I turned bright red in embarrassment and apologized. The guy was pretty cool about it and started laughing a little and said it was ok we were all on vacation but you could tell that he would have preferred that it not been sprayed all over him. lol

As embarrassing as it was at the time, it made a memory we will never forget. The kids still bring it up on the way or when we get to WDW and they tell me "Now dad, don't be farting on other guests while we are here." Not exactly the perfect disney memory but it will be a lasting one. :blush:

mom2morgan
10-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Oh, gosh, I hate to even mention this :blush: I was at Epcot watching illuminations, and I was really foot sore from all sorts of blisters. Plus it was really dark. So as I turned around to leave, I tripped on the edge of the curb and kind of flailed around and lurched sideways and grabbed onto a rail. As I was getting back on track, I heard this woman behind me say in a disgusted voice "And THAT'S why they shouldn't serve alcohol at Disney!"

joonyer
10-14-2012, 09:51 PM
I just have to tell you that my 14 year old daughter and I just left our heads off for, like, 10 minutes ;-)

Now THAT would be embarassing !

:laughing::funny::rotfl:

Gator
10-14-2012, 11:33 PM
My server was cool about it and the characters just walked up and rubbed their tummies to me, but it was a bit unusual to be a grown 35 year old man sitting alone at a character breakfast designed for very young children.

I'm pretty sure I would've been holding my kids hands as we walked by your table.:D

My sorta embarassing moment came when I told Snow White where we were from. When she said she didn't know where Modesto, CA was, I began to tell her about the town. Unfortunately, the big story in the news at the time was Scott Peterson and his murder of his wife. By the time I was done, Snow White looked horrified. "We really don't like to talk about murder." My wife just busted up laughing at me. Still reminds me of it.

mom2morgan
10-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Now THAT would be embarassing !

:laughing::funny::rotfl:

LOL - apparently I can't spell when typing on my new smart phone - darn you, Autocorrect! :-)

1DisneyNut
10-15-2012, 10:02 PM

I started telling my wife about this thread and told her I posted a story and she said "Oh my god you didn't post the fart in the elevator story did you?" She was so embarrassed when it happened, she wanted to dig a hole and bury herself in it. :D

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-16-2012, 08:50 AM
There are many more for me, but I do remember a bird pooping all over me while we were waiting for the MK Christmas Parade to start. We had met friends there so they all got a good laugh at my expense.

Also, My son had one of the skating cows in the parade come over and give him a kiss, he was very embarassed.

Tigerinvestigator
10-16-2012, 11:16 AM
When my now DD15 was 1 year old she was sitting in my DW's lap at the American Adventure and pooped and apparently the diaper didn't do it's job. My wife had to walk the walk of shame to the restroom and sent me to get her a new shirt and pants......but that's not the embarassing part. I bought her the ugliest outfit in the history of Epcot. It was a purple shirt and purple shorts with sparkly "Epcot" written on them! Even now some Fifteen years later we still have issues over that day. Moral of the story is it would be better to wear clothing with poop on them than to send your husband to buy you an outfit in a theme park!:thumbsup:

1DisneyNut
10-16-2012, 01:56 PM
When my now DD15 was 1 year old she was sitting in my DW's lap at the American Adventure and pooped and apparently the diaper didn't do it's job. My wife had to walk the walk of shame to the restroom and sent me to get her a new shirt and pants......but that's not the embarassing part. I bought her the ugliest outfit in the history of Epcot. It was a purple shirt and purple shorts with sparkly "Epcot" written on them! Even now some Fifteen years later we still have issues over that day. Moral of the story is it would be better to wear clothing with poop on them than to send your husband to buy you an outfit in a theme park!:thumbsup:

I got a good laugh out of your story. Purple outfit with sparkles......:D

tiggerbuddy
10-16-2012, 03:18 PM
At least it matched !!:secret:
It was a purple shirt and purple shorts with sparkly "Epcot" written on them!

GBBT
10-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Happened to my sis when her DS(nephew) was about 4 or 5.She had put a baby leash on him while at MK and we were sitting down to wait on the 3 o'clock parade.He was trying to walk away from us but the leash brought him back every time.He finally yelled out.."Take this off of me...I am not a dog!!!" Everybody that heard started laughing and my sis turned a few shades of red.:blush::D

missastrocat
10-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Please keep this thread going. 1DisneyNut made me giggle so badly reading his story I woke my husband up. It took me about 10 minutes to read the story to him through my tears of laughter. My cheeks hurt so badly! I hope I get to read more!

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
10-17-2012, 06:39 AM
Happened to my sis when her DS(nephew) was about 4 or 5.She had put a baby leash on him while at MK and we were sitting down to wait on the 3 o'clock parade.He was trying to walk away from us but the leash brought him back every time.He finally yelled out.."Take this off of me...I am not a dog!!!" Everybody that heard started laughing and my sis turned a few shades of red.:blush::D :funny: That is great this made me laugh for a while! Thanks for posting!

Donald A
10-17-2012, 06:08 PM
I thought of another one. My parents were in town and we went to EPCOT. We were sitting on the bench behind all the people watching the Voices of Liberty in the rotunda. It was a hot day and we had just eaten.

My mother is sitting next to me and the next thing I know is I look over and see her lying on her side beside the bench. Yes she had fell asleep and fallen off the bench. We laughed so hard and tried not to disturb the performance.

The only thing that would have made it more embarrassing for my mother would have been had we been sitting BEHIND the Voices of Liberty instead of BEHIND THE PEOPLE watching the Voices of Liberty.

g8rgirl29
10-17-2012, 06:24 PM
That is Awesome Donald A!!!!! So funny!!! I could see this happening to me or my husband!!!

Dulcee
10-17-2012, 07:58 PM
Oh gosh, mines in EPCOT.

We we're eating dinner in Italy in the main sit down restaurant. I was all of 15 (so ten years ago). I had ordered a very large bowl of pesto linguine.

Now I have a habit of having to eat my pasta very hot. Once it begins to cool I'm really not interested anymore. I got about 1/2 way through the dish and it was cool so I was done, but to be fair I was pretty full anyway. The waiter came and asked if something was wrong. Before I could open my mouth my then 10 year old sister pipped up to say it was too cold for me to eat. The waiter thought it was cold all along, whisked the plate away and brought out a huge new platter of pasta.

I struggled through a whole other plate, mortified at the gorgeous Italian waiter who kept coming to check to make sure it was ok this time. My family still talks about how embarrassed:blush: I was.

DisneyDawgette
10-17-2012, 11:06 PM
This thread is phenomenal! I have two embarrassing moments, both on the trip where we took our massive children's ministry on a retreat to WDW this summer.

1. Me, DBF, and my children's pastor's teenage son Josh were chaperoning 3 groups that we had taken to AK. We had just made it off of KRR and were soaked, so the kids thought it would be fun to run to Dinosaur and sit in the air-condition because they know I hate being cold and wet (gotta love kids, right?!). As we made it over to Dinosaur, there were families piling back out of the standby line because it was down, so we took this as an opportunity to sit the kids in the sun, eat their lunch, and hopefully dry them out some! We all (25 or so) took a seat next to the strollers. The kids all sat down, but as soon as one stood up, they realized that their wet butts were leaving prints on the ground! They were thrilled about this, but Josh was not. Josh found what looked to be an abandoned Disney stroller and sat down in it to avoid the kids picking on him about his butt print. He kicked back and started dozing off at about the time the family who owned the stroller came back. Let's just say they were irate and Joshua was mortified! Not only was he a teenage kid sitting in someone's stroller, but now it had his wet butt print in it! ;)

2. Hall of Presidents. With 25 kids. My cousin from southern Alabama was on this trip with us, along with a few other overly "knowledgable" and outspoken children. I say "knowledgable" tentatively because their knowledge is what they hear at home and school. Let's just say that when Obama started to speak, my lovely redneck children started yelling and booing. The entire auditorium was looking back at our large group of kids who were booing Obama and yelling about health care of all things, some even standing up out of their chairs. All DBF and I could do was burry our faces. There was no stopping these fierce 4th grade kids. Needless to say, people did not appreciate us and we had to threaten them with pain of death to not say a word as we were leaving. And I LOVE the Hall of Presidents. :P

A Big Kid
10-18-2012, 06:40 AM
1) Cast: My wife and I, my SIL, her daughter and granddaughter. We were staying at the FW Cabins. My wife and I slept in the Murphy bed while the others slept in the bedroom.

One night, my niece (SIL's granddaughter), who was about 3 years old, climbed in the Murphy bed with my wife and I.

This was in January, so the busses weren't that full and basically, anyone could listen to everyone else's conversation. While on the bus the next morning on the way to the parks, I asked my niece why she climbing in our bed the prior night. Without missing a a beat, she fanned her hand in front on her nose and loudly proclaimed, "Because MiMi (her grandmother/my SIL) was a bit gassy last night, if you know what I mean!" Of course, I had to push it just a little but farther and point out MiMi to everyone.

2) cast: my wife and I. It was the end of a long day that started at 0300 when I woke up for the marathon. It was now about 8:30 pm and were were just seated for our 7:30 ADR's at Ohana. I was tired, hungry and very very annoyed.

So, here comes the coconut races. One little girl's coconut ended up underneath our table. Every time I pushed it out with my foot, the little girl pushed it back under with her broom. He mother told her to get her coconut and the little girl kept saying, "I can't. Its staring at me!" (apparently, it had a couple of marks on it that looked like eyes.)

Well, her mother decided she was going to take matters into her own hand. The mother crawled UNDER MY TABLE to get the coconut. She was literally crawling on her hands and knees, bumping into our legs, fishing around in the dark for the coconut. When she got the coconut, she got up, grabbed her daughter's hand, and walked away without even apologizing. My wife and I were mortified.

Cut to the next day. We were on a semi empty bus going to the parks. A lady in front of me asked aloud if anyone has eaten at Ohana because she had ADR's that night. I was giving her my opinion and finished by adding, "Dont get a table by the "racetrack." we were there last night and some unruly girl kept shoving a coconut under my table until her nutty mother crawled under my table to get it."

Then from behind me, a lady said, "That was you? Sometimes my daughter doesnt listen very well."

1DisneyNut
10-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Then from behind me, a lady said, "That was you? Sometimes my daughter doesnt listen very well."

I got a good laugh out of this one....I didn't see it coming......Open mouth and insert foot. lol The odds that you both would be at the same restaurant at the same time and presumably staying at the same resort and end up on the same bus the next morning are astronomical.

EeyoresBestFriend
10-18-2012, 09:45 PM
Mine was at Cinderella's royal table. My problem is being a mid 40's adult that is TERRIFIED of costumed characters. (eyah . . . you can probably see this coming already . .)

I didn't know that there would be door mice at dinner- I was told only Princesses (which I am okay with). I headed to the washroom and as I am coming back up the stairs, I see the dreaded door mouse coming down the stairs at me. For a moment I froze, stopped breathing and full on panic attack kicks in. I backed up, tripped on those narrow, stupid little stairs and fell backwards down about four of them (while hanging for dear life on to the railing) before I realized that the mouse was NOT coming down the stairs. As I'm trying to get my feet back under me, I realized that I had been one step from piling into Cinderella, who had been coming up the stairs behind me. She was staring at me on the floor and although she was far too polite to show it, I'm sure she thought I was a complete nut job!! :hide:

mom2morgan
10-19-2012, 01:46 PM

LOL!!! But honestly - SHE is the one who SHOULD have been embarassed. I certainly wouldn't have spoken up on the bus if I had been her ;-)

Brer_Fox
10-19-2012, 05:32 PM
this isnt my emberassing moment, its my moms bfs. His name is larry.
So we were standing by the fantasyland restrooms waiting for larrys daughter to finish up when larry suddenly had gas. Unaware of his surroundings and convinced that his gas would be silent, he let it out. To his surprise it was actually very loud. I started laughing really hard because bodily functions are hilarious for some reason, then i pointed behind him. He turned around and looked to find a lady holding her baby and sitting down on a bench directly behind him. He had pretty much farted directly on her and her babys face. She had a look of total disgust. Larry turned bright red which is funny because he is completely bald. He resembled a cherry. He apologized to her but we could not stop laughing about how emberassing it was.

lol... Classic!

Aurora
10-19-2012, 06:41 PM

And that's our show, folks! :number1: :laughing:

Cheshire_Girl
10-22-2012, 10:58 AM
Mine isn't that embarassing compared, but it was at the time!
I was at MK Pin trading. I keep my pins in a little tin that I ususally have to dig through to find a good one.
I was crossing the bridge into Adventure Land and a CM catches my eye-she had good pins!! I reach into my bag, grab my tin and as I go to open it, realize it is upside down-it flies open and pins scatter on the ground every where..not too embarassing right? Well, I can't think of what to do next-so I just start yelling, fairly loud, There's Been a Pincident!..The poor CM looked Horrified, then she just started yelling Pincident and heped me pick them up!

Jim&AngieMarriner
10-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Last April DW went down for a nice short romantic weekend aniversary trip. Two embarassing things happened.

1. I wore the wrong shoes on our first day in EPCOT. This caused 5 blisters on one foot and 4 on the other. These blisters hurt my feet so bad I was walking so gingerly the rest of our trip. I was walking like a Little old man of 105 and getting a lot of odd looks. I felt very embarrasssed and stupid becuase I knew better than to go into the parks in less than comfortable shoes.

2. As we were waiting for Magic the memories and you, we were standing in that "courtyard" in front of the stage where they have the small bronze statues. Im not sure if it has an official name. Anyway, I get this idea to take a cool picture of the Castle using the statue of Pinocchio as a silhouette. To get the picture required me leaning over the railing that was protecting the flowers behind us. Just... a... little .. farther....... Almost.. WOOOPS. Yep I feel backwards over the rail and tumbled into the flower garden. I would guess that about 250 people saw me. I got a lot of cheers/laughs. Only one person asked of I was ok but thats probably because I jumped up so fast im sure no one thought I was hurt. I was however, covered in potting soil and wishing I could hide I was so embarrassed. We looked the next day at where I fell, thinking the over night grounds crew would have fixed the flowers. Nope, it still looked like a 250lb dog rolled in them.

MissMaryPoppins
10-23-2012, 12:42 PM
My best friend came to Disney World with my family during our spring break trip in March '99 and we stayed in the Boardwalk Villas. One evening we just gotten back from EPCOT and were going to drop our shopping bags in our villa and come back out to the boardwalk. We walked under the balcony of the Bellevue Lounge and hear my Dad calling us. He was sitting outside with my Mom having drinks and asked us if we wanted something. My friend got so excited to have a drink she ran inside, headed for the stairs and halfway up she fell flat on her face. When she fell we were both shocked and then we laughed hysterically. My Dad had walked inside to meet us at the bar and he heard us laughing. When he came to the top of the stairs he saw my friend laying on the stairs and me sitting next to
her laughing too hard to talk. It took a few minutes for us to tell them what happened. Now it's a big joke between us. When I'm at the Bordwalk I'll go take a picture of the stairs and text it to her or post it on Facebook. It's a joke that will never get old.

mom2morgan
10-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Mine isn't that embarassing compared, but it was at the time!
I was at MK Pin trading. I keep my pins in a little tin that I ususally have to dig through to find a good one.
I was crossing the bridge into Adventure Land and a CM catches my eye-she had good pins!! I reach into my bag, grab my tin and as I go to open it, realize it is upside down-it flies open and pins scatter on the ground every where..not too embarassing right? Well, I can't think of what to do next-so I just start yelling, fairly loud, There's Been a Pincident!..The poor CM looked Horrified, then she just started yelling Pincident and heped me pick them up!

OMG - I'm laughing so hard!!! Did you have to file a pincident report? You certainly think fast on your feet ;-)

Granny Jill A
10-25-2012, 01:31 PM
It happened to my daughter on our first trip together in 1992. We ate breakfast at Chef Mickey's and she came back to the table with some strange looking stuff in a bowl. I asked her what it was, and she said it was oatmeal. Didn't look like oatmeal to me, so she tasted it only to find out she had scooped up a load of gravy.

After we finished laughing, she said "that's why a cast member was staring at her".

No doubt.....:crazy:

mom2morgan
10-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Reminds me of wen my daughter grabbed a big scoop of "ice cream" from the buffet at Trail's End (under the heat lamp? really?). Turned out to be butter - which she discovered with her first big spoonful. Funniest thing - I posted that here at the time, and another poster said she'd done the same thing! LOL

It happened to my daughter on our first trip together in 1992. We ate breakfast at Chef Mickey's and she came back to the table with some strange looking stuff in a bowl. I asked her what it was, and she said it was oatmeal. Didn't look like oatmeal to me, so she tasted it only to find out she had scooped up a load of gravy.

After we finished laughing, she said "that's why a cast member was staring at her".

No doubt.....:crazy: