PDA

View Full Version : Filming parade

Kaps
10-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Is the rest of the park open while they film the Christmas parade and how do you get around it if it is:confused:

faline
10-13-2012, 06:57 PM
The park is open. Personally, I'd avoid the park if possible. They will have ways for you to get to other areas of the park during the filming.

10-13-2012, 08:23 PM
There will be bypass routes on Main St and by the Castle Hub. In the Frontierland area there will be certain crossing areas that are used while floats are parked on the route while waiting for "their time to go forward".

You can get around park pretty well, but sometimes it can be a bit of a chore to get where you want to go on your schedule and not ABC's schedule, although the network does try hard to make it as painless as possible.

Dopey's Girl
10-13-2012, 08:32 PM
You can get around, but it's kind of a hassle. I would choose a different park. Main Street is pretty much blocked off, which distracts from the magic of the park. I've been there twice for it, and will avoid it at all costs in the future.

Kaps
10-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Thanks doe s anybody have e exact date this year. Looks like I will try to avoid it

Fangorn
10-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Main Filming is on Saturday Dec 1. There will likely be filming on Friday and Sunday as well, but generally not as all-consuming as on Saturday.

My son is in entertainment and was part of the chaos last year. (He got punched in the face by Justin Bieber). This year he and his girlfriend (also a CM) decided to get married on Dec 1 so as to avoid the whole mess. ;)

Steve

Lindsey310
10-14-2012, 02:47 PM
The park is open. We were there last year when it was filming (it was 12/2/11 last year) and we avoided MK that day. We headed to animal kingdom and it was pretty empty. :mickey:

Gator
10-14-2012, 11:35 PM
I'm kinda worried about my Friday visit during the taping. It was either do the Friday, or come in on Thursday which has the EMH in the morning - which always creates crowds and all the fastpasses being for hours later. I chose Friday - guess I'll see how that turns out.

MickeysBestPal
10-15-2012, 12:05 AM
I'm kinda worried about my Friday visit during the taping. It was either do the Friday, or come in on Thursday which has the EMH in the morning - which always creates crowds and all the fastpasses being for hours later. I chose Friday - guess I'll see how that turns out.

In some past years, they also shot on that Thursday.

This year's schedule has yet to be announced.