PDA

View Full Version : Crowd reports for MNSSHP?

Aurora
10-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Read a couple of posts that crowds were crazy for MNSSHP at the end of September. Has anyone been there the last couple of weeks? Curious about the crowds this year and whether more people tried to go earlier to avoid crowds, with the opposite effect?

Aurora
10-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Anyone??

disneynarula
10-22-2012, 05:49 AM
We went on the 16th and found walking around in the crowds to be lighter than a typical park day. We walked on most of the rides and did not wait more than 15 minutes for the rides that had a wait. We watched the second parade and did not have to save a spot.

We did not do the character meet and greets.

tinxmom
10-22-2012, 06:51 AM
We were there on Oct. 5th - crowds were not bad at all. Only exception was right after first parade and then it was a zoo. Once that esed up again, we were able to get around and go on a bunch of rides with little or no waits. Mustve ridden SM about 15 times that night!

figgie
10-24-2012, 08:27 AM
As with anything, crowds depend on a number of things. It gets more crowded closser to Haloween for sure. More crowded if something is going on at WDW like the marathon or a golf tournament or like last weekend's bike week around central Fl. Weekends are almost always more crowded because it is the end of the work and school week so you get more of the locals. Just come expecting a crowd and if it is a lighter night, be surprised and enjoy!:grouphug:

Jeri Lynn
10-31-2012, 10:56 AM
We went on the 23rd and found it busy but not awful.

What I was surprised about is some of the gory costumes I saw, and some people with gory masks. I thought WDW did not allow masks.

Some look like that belonged going to the scarier party at Universal.

BriarRose0708
10-31-2012, 11:15 AM
Was there on the 26th, if it wasn't sold out it was probably very close. Crowds during MNSSHP vary depending on what you want to do.

If your mission is to trick or treat and meet rare characters, you may find yourself waiting in lines. Those are very popular events since they are exclusive to the Party. The seven dwarfs, Rapunzel with Flynn Ryder, and Tarzan with Jane are a couple examples. The Villains Mix and Mingle can get very crowded because you can get pictures with the Villains after the shows.

The Hub and Main Street can get just as crowded on a regular night during Hallowishes and Boo To You parades. I like to watch the second parade in Frontierland. It's easier to get a spot and then you can walk right on Splash & Big Thunder!

Rides are a whole other story! I've found that at almost any time from 7 to midnight rides that are open are walk-ons. Except for Peter Pan, which is perpetually at a 40 minute minimum, lol. During the party I walked on Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Small World, Splash Mountain, and Journey Under the Sea. New Fantasyland has been open during the parties so that has helped thin the crowds a little. Even with that, it was pretty dead back there.

Leaving is crowded, party or no party, especially after the fireworks. I'd say it was no better or worse than a normal park night. It's a long trek to some of the bus stops and I had to wait for another bus to come after the first one back to Pop was full. But that's not uncommon at WDW.