PDA

View Full Version : Pool in February/ Question about All Star Sports

mamamarie
10-13-2012, 09:03 AM
We booked at the All Star Sports (never stayed there) last night. We are going Presidents' Week. How is the weather this time of year? Do you think we will use the pool? Also, we chose All Stars Sports over POP this time. We figured we'd try something different but I am a little nervous since I know it is an older resort. Any perks about it? What makes it better than POP?

1DisneyNut
10-13-2012, 10:20 AM
It will usually be warm during the day time maybe around 80 and then cool off quickly to the 60's as the sun sets. You could probably swim during the middle of the day if you wanted but I doubt the pool is very busy. I have been to WDW around the middle and end of January several times and the weather was nice and it was warm during the day although a cold front did come through once while we were there and it dropped into the 40's with highs in the 60's. It still felt nice to us but the locals that work there were freezing to death. lol

As for All Star Sports, we stayed there once during the summer and once we stayed at all Star Movies also during the summer. They are close to each other and far as the hotels go, they are basically the same. We will never stay in them again but that is just us. There were a couple of things we really didn't like. One was the wait for the buses. The bus stop is out front and the sun shines directly on the front of the building where you have to wait for the bus and it was absolutely miserable when we had to wait for the bus every day for 45 minutes to an hour. The air temperature was already mid 80's in the morning with high humidity and then the sun beating on the front of the building and the heat radiating off was bad....it had to be over 100 in the bus stop area. We were soaked with sweat by the time the bus got there. It was this way at both Sports and Movies. The other thing we didn't like about them is there are a ton of buildings and you end up far away from something regardless of what building you get. You are either far from the bus stop, the food court and main building, pool or the parking lot.

We never stayed at POP so I can't compare it to all stars but I know everyone seems to rate it higher and it books faster. We really do not care for the value resorts or most of the moderates for that matter so we may be a little biased.

faline
10-13-2012, 06:27 PM
It could reach 80 during the day but I wouldn't count on it. February can be quite variable with temperatures. You might get weather warm enough for swimming but you might not - then again, you might get weather warm enough for swimming but only on certain days.

This is an extremely busy week at
Disney World. You will have lots of company no matter what you are doing this week.

I think the resort you have chosen is equivalent ot Pop but I wouldn't say it's better than Pop.

AgentC
10-13-2012, 08:44 PM
It could reach 80 during the day but I wouldn't count on it. February can be quite variable with temperatures. You might get weather warm enough for swimming but you might not - then again, you might get weather warm enough for swimming but only on certain days.

:yes: I totally agree.

Weather in February is very variable and can change quickly from day to day. In my experience, Feb tends to have temperatures in the 40-50s at night and in the 60-low 70s in the day. Where I live does tend to be a few degrees lower than Orlando in the cold months, so Orlando might be slightly warmer.

DisneyorBust
10-14-2012, 08:49 AM
In regards to your pool question, we have used the pools in January and February in the past. Like others have posted, the weather varies, I would pack swimwear if it's an important part of the vacation for your family.
As for the All Star Sports, I have stayed there twice, in January and March. We found the wait wait for the buses very short 10 minutes or less on average, maybe we were lucky. Both visits we didn't share stops with ASMU or ASMO.Never stayed at POP so I can't compare.

bruin1344
10-14-2012, 09:45 AM
When I use to go around that time of year in the 1990s, temperatures ranged from 80s during the day to 40s at night. Every single one of those trips, we were able to swim comfortably.

Gator
10-14-2012, 11:43 PM
For some reason, the times I've been to WDW in Feb have seen some 80+ days. Definitely warm enough for a dip in the pool. But I can't give you much on the AS pools. Sorry.

CanadaLovesDisney
10-15-2012, 12:11 AM
Pools are heated which is nice.
We have swam several times in February!
Have a great time :mickey: