PDA

View Full Version : Review of Sneak Peek New Fantasyland 10-12-12 *with pics*

Christine
10-13-2012, 12:40 AM
Sorry- JUST now getting in at midnight!! We had friends in town and visited at okw after dinner, reflecting on the day. So pictures will be uploaded in the morning- I'm BEAT! (you can see some now in ICOT's twitter feed )

Fairytale StoryTimeWithBelle was clearly the same as when I saw it at the surprise soft opening last month. See story & pics here: http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=194504

You enter FLE across from Pinocchio Village Haus. Belle's on the left. Just past that is Be our Guest (pic coming). Further down is the village area, a quaint shop, Gaston's Tavern, some restrooms. (pics of all coming) The statue /fountain in front of the tavern is hilarious! ( I'll include a picture of the plaque here )
I went in and checked out the menu (pics coming here) and HAD to have a LaFue brew in a gaston stein! (pic coming) it's a frozen apple juice with marshmallow cream and a mango syrup. Very sweet & a little funky - I was hoping for something like butter beer. Wasn't bad, just too fruity for me. I got tired of it soon. I didn't try a pork shank (I was going to Ohana in a few hours) but I saw them. They looked smaller than I imagined.
The Tavern feels like you're IN the movie. VERY well done- antlers & animal heads mounted on walls everywhere and the huge fireplace & portrait of Gaston above (pic coming)- very cute.

The shop had more "grown up" gifts. Decorative Pillows, teacups, jewelry, trinket boxes- not princess stuff like by the Cinderella Castle.

Then past the village is Under the Sea Journey of the Little Mermaid. Wow. This castle is amazing. There are a ton of angles to it and it is impossible to take less than 20 pictures of it! ( lots of pics coming here) :)
The wait time was 30 minutes the whole time I was there. It moves quickly.
The que has Scuttle who narrates the ride. (and entertains in the que- think Mr Potato Head in TSM)
There is a sign saying that a storm mixed up Ariel's items (pic coming ) and crabs will bring things out- if they bring out items that don't match, you point to it and they'll take it away. For example, they brought out a dish, a cup, and a picture frame. If you point to the frame, they'll take it away. They'll also wave to you.
They're placed thru several parts of the cue.

The cue is mainly inside (belle's is NOT- it's in the hot sun!) which was nice.
And it's LONG and windy.
I thought The ride vehicle shells look identical to Nemo. The ride has several rooms (pics coming)
You go "under the sea" (think haunted mansion where the doom buggy leans back) and bubbles and colder air surround you. Then you see Ariel at the surface as you pass thru her grotto.
Then it's the "under the sea " music room with Sebastian and all the sea friends. Ariel is also in this room and the camera flashes go CRAZY! :mad:
Next is Ursula's room. The effect on her "crystal ball" is pretty spiffy. Then is the "kiss the girl" room, the stolen voice/Ursula dies room, and the final triton saying goodbye to the newlyweds with fireworks. (pics of all coming- video of the ride thru will be posted ASAP)

Just past this ride is Ariel's grotto. The line was CRAZY long and i just couldn't wait due to our ADR. across the street is the seven dwarves mine train. There is currently only the ONE entrance & exit to FLE.
I asked a manager (actually FOUR) if the opening would last. Next week CM previews start (I'll be there too on the 20th with a CM friend) & they said. "it's open today - that's all we can say we are sure of. "
Another guy said " it's open right now..."

It's so pretty back there. So well done & LOTS of details!!

I will post pics tomorrow I promise ~ Hopefully before I leave to watch DD's lacrosse tournament.

Video takes longer to edit & upload- keep watching ...

Quadstriker
10-13-2012, 05:07 AM
So pictures will be uploaded in the morning-

Oh you tease!

(pics on twitter were great thank you)

Dopey's Girl
10-13-2012, 09:07 AM
I've seen the stuff on twitter...looks amazing. Fingers crossed that it's open for Icot15!!

Christine
10-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Oh you tease!

(pics on twitter were great thank you)

Hahaha- I knew I wouldn't be able to edit the title later so I had to put that in :)

Christine
10-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Here we go!

Be Our Guest and Gaston's Tavern

Christine
10-13-2012, 01:41 PM
More from Gaston's Tavern including LaFou's Brew!
Also, the BonJour Village Shop

Christine
10-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Under The Sea que and ride shots...see the little blue crab in the bottom picture?

Christine
10-13-2012, 01:49 PM
More from Ariel...

Christine
10-13-2012, 01:53 PM
A shot of some cast in their costumes.

Then some random shots. Fantasyland is just incredibly photogenic! I LOVE it and cannot wait for John to get out there with his camera gear! Just spectacular!

dobby2010
10-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Awesome pictures! Can't wait to see it all myself!

Fangorn
10-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Awesome! I can't wait to see it in person. Only 16 more days!

Steve

arbie_c
10-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Great pictures! Thank you for posting.

disneymom15
10-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the pictures, can't wait to see it for real.

MrPeetrie
10-13-2012, 05:16 PM
Great Pictures. I can't wait to go back!

Katzateer
10-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Great pictures!!

Aurora
10-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Just love everything. Won't get there for awhile, but probably sooner than I planned now that I've seen these!

Caroleh
10-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Awesome pictures, Christine and description of the area!!

TheVBs
10-14-2012, 08:52 AM
Thank you for the pictures and report! :mickey: We're still hoping to be able to make one of the Christmas parties in late Nov. Hope we're able to see some of this!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Those are great!

TinkerbellT421
10-16-2012, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the pictures! They are great! :mickey:

KylesMom
10-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Beautifully done, Christine!!!!! WOW, hoping we'll get to view a sneak peak next Friday! :mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
10-16-2012, 05:28 PM
It's been in dress rehearsal all week. We had our second day today. Christine's pictures are great but no picture can really do the place justice. The exteriors really are among Disney's best and pictures don't quite capture it.

However, while the construction walls for Seven Dwarfs are still up, at least the next year, it's not quite as emersive as it will be. Those walls do pull you out of it a bit. Look away from them and it's great.

For us LM doesn't quite do it, and we've now ridden it twice. Its not an E ticket but will compliment the Dwarfs. LM's queue is fabulous, marybe the best they've done in years. But the ride just seems to be missing that something special that makes Disney rides magical. It's ok and good but not great and not a must do after the first time.

Melanie
10-16-2012, 05:48 PM
no picture can really do the place justice. The exteriors really are among Disney's best and pictures don't quite capture it.

That's how I always felt in Tokyo at DisneySea. Pictures DO NOT do that place justice, and I can definitely say the exteriors there ARE Disney's best. I can't wait to see new Fantasyland next week. Remaining optimistic we're going to get in at some point. :thumbsup:

amorillo
10-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Just got back last night. And yes, I definitely agree... the whole area is just amazing! Beautifully done. I was able to ride LM twice, on two different days, tried for a third, but the area was open, unfortunately the ride was closed. My little ones (3 & 5) absolutely loved the ride.... while my older ones (14 & 17) thought it was good, but were in no rush to ride again. We were unable to check out the Belle experience, we actually stood in line for about 30 minutes one night, only to be told that we needed to exit the ride that they were having technical difficulties... while i understand that it is a soft opening... we just didn't want to risk losing another 30 minutes of our trip... so even though it was "open" after that, we just stayed away. We'll wait until our next trip. We were also able to walk inside the new Be Our Guest restaurant.... and let me just say, it looks just perfect! Can't wait to come back and try it out!

princessgirls
10-19-2012, 11:29 PM
It all looks just amazing!!! A perfect addition to the Magic Kingdom. Can't wait to see it in person!!

Thanks Christine, for getting us all of the great pics!!!

Julie:mickey:

MelissaW
10-20-2012, 03:45 AM
Ooooo! Thanks so much for posting these pics - I am hoping they have some of this still open for sneak peeks during I15 next week! I simply cannot wait to see it! :cloud9:

AgentC
10-20-2012, 04:59 AM
We went yesterday (Friday) and it is just gorgeous. My kids (4 &6) loved the Little Mermaid ride. I thought the ride was okay but really loved the atmosphere. It is hard to take a bad picture. There are amazing details everywhere. My daughter really enjoyed meeting Ariel too.

Highlight of our day was meeting Gaston outside his tavern. The cast member was SO in character. He was a riot.