PDA

View Full Version : Gaston's Tavern

Mitzie
10-12-2012, 12:13 PM
I just noticed on the official Disney Blog, were they showed the menu for Gaston's Tavern that the new roasted pork shank which is $7.99, can be had with a snack credit. That is nice for people who don't want something sweet with a snack credit.

MNNHFLTX
10-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Really? That's unusual--didn't they always used to limit the snack to $4.99 or under?

Gator
10-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Hmmm. That's strange. Wonder if the snack plan is going to expand to cover bigger items? If that's the case, maybe we can get the Beaver Tails back to Epcot! Might be stretching a bit, though.

BriarRose0708
10-12-2012, 04:00 PM
The picture of the menu for Gaston's just posted by Christine (our new Twit in Residence) on the @intercot feed shows the pork shank is not a dining credit. The other items, all snack credits, are:

Cinnamon roll 3.99
Chocolate croissant 2.99
Fruit cup 3.59
Apple slices w/caramel sauce 3.49
Veggies with dip 3.69
Hummus with chips 4.39

Melanie
10-12-2012, 04:03 PM
The picture of the menu for Gaston's just posted by Christine (our new Twit in Residence) on the @intercot feed shows the pork shank is not a dining credit.

Weird, because it sure looks like it used to have the DP beside it.

BriarRose0708
10-12-2012, 04:24 PM

I had to do a double take close up look as well! Perhaps it's a menu template that could hold a Dining Plan logo if anything changes.

Capt_redshirt
10-12-2012, 04:42 PM
I had to do a double take close up look as well! Perhaps it's a menu template that could hold a Dining Plan logo if anything changes.

i think it was they offered it as a soft opening special or a special for those lucky few that got in before the masses got in....

TheDuckRocks
10-14-2012, 12:37 AM

It looks to me like some over caffinated CM was just putting little purple logos on everything and the whiteout was used.

figgie
10-14-2012, 08:39 AM
Too funny, haven't thought of "white-out" in years, it doesn't seem to work on my computer screen...hahaha!

BrerGnat
10-14-2012, 08:45 AM
Likely just an error on their part that it had a DDP logo when it first went up. I have read that the turkey legs also have that logo on them in some places, but what it means is that you can get a turkey leg, a bag of chips, and a drink and it "counts" as a QS combo meal credit. Perhaps that is what they were trying to convey here?

Jayhorn
10-15-2012, 02:29 PM
A picture of the Menu Board on the Disney Parks Blog shows the Pork Shank as a snack item, but it appears that they corrected their error with a little paint after that picture was taken.

Gator
10-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Dude, that menu looks good. I can tell you where I'll be using some snack credits. Cinnamon roll and chocolate croisant. That sounds yum.