PDA

View Full Version : Room request for Standard room at AKL Jambo

lawgirl
10-11-2012, 01:52 PM
So we usually do the Kidani Villas through DVC point rental, but we are taking a last minute trip in Dec for my bday.

Luckily, I was able to get the AKL Jambo standard room with the special WDW discounts they are running for room-only.

What is the best room or section to request? Its just a standard room, and I know we won't see the savannah or pool from the room. But I don't want to be too far from the lobby as we will have our 2YO with us. I also would prefer not to be directly looking out over the buses.

Thanks!

Simba's Mom
10-11-2012, 03:41 PM
I jave a standard view studio at Jambo for an upcoming stay, and the only request I made was "near elevator". Actually, all the standard views I've had have been fairly close to an elevator, so I probably didn't need to make that request. But I usually make some room request, and that's the only one I could think of.

BugeyedMuggy
10-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Last 2 times we had a standard view studio we were given a limited view savannah room. We feel the more you ask for the less chance to get one of these rooms. The balcony may have a pole or a tree where you can't 100% see perfectly so they cannot rent them as savannah view rooms.You can still see all the animals. It was a great view for the price. Maybe ask for one of those.

lawgirl
10-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Last 2 times we had a standard view studio we were given a limited view savannah room. We feel the more you ask for the less chance to get one of these rooms. The balcony may have a pole or a tree where you can't 100% see perfectly so they cannot rent them as savannah view rooms.You can still see all the animals. It was a great view for the price. Maybe ask for one of those.

Interesting...good idea. Thanks!