PDA

View Full Version : Stripping tickets off room key

eeyoremom
10-11-2012, 12:08 PM
In the past, we have had the tickets stripped off the key to the world when buying a package. Does anyone know if you can still do that? We are probably getting a package for next trip, to get the dining, and we do not need tickets, but would like to give them to our daughter and son-in-law. Can we get the tickets off at check-in. I know we did this a few years ago, but went to customer service at Epcot. Thanks

eeyoremom
10-13-2012, 08:49 PM
no answers? I guess maybe no one knows. Thanks

VWL Mom
10-14-2012, 06:45 AM
As far as I know you can still strip the tickets off but they will have the original name on them and will not be transferable to someone else.

disneydeb
10-16-2012, 02:03 AM
Yes, as far as I have ever known tickets are non- transferable.

KylesMom
10-29-2012, 03:17 PM
I did this very thing during the ICOT meet, as I wanted my tickets separate from my room key. However, as has been posted, tickets are non-transferrable and would be associated with your name at the time they are broken apart. We have one-day park hoppers which we did this for a few years back, and they have to be redeemed by whomever the ticket was originally purchased for; i.e., my son can only redeem his, I can only use mine, etcetera.

Just for information's sake, because All Star Music is a "green" resort, they would not do it for me. I had to go to Guest Relations (I chose DTD for convenience) so that they could separate the two out.

PirateLover
11-01-2012, 11:58 PM
I wish I had known about this before ICOT15. Our flight got canceled and part of the reason we didn't stay the extra days at Disney was that we had already "checked out" that morning and everything was tied to the package with the room key. They told us we would have to start over with our tickets. As you all know on a multi day hopper there is a huge difference between Day 1 and Day 5! If I had known you could separate them, sounds like we probably could've added on days with no issue and booked a separate room reservation. Oh well, live and learn!

sainter
11-04-2012, 04:54 PM
I wish I had known about this before ICOT15. Our flight got canceled and part of the reason we didn't stay the extra days at Disney was that we had already "checked out" that morning and everything was tied to the package with the room key. They told us we would have to start over with our tickets. As you all know on a multi day hopper there is a huge difference between Day 1 and Day 5! If I had known you could separate them, sounds like we probably could've added on days with no issue and booked a separate room reservation. Oh well, live and learn!

I think that if you had added day to your hopper before the end of the last day you used your ticket, those days would still good on that ticket for 14 days from the first day you used whether you were a registered guest or not.

VWL Mom
11-04-2012, 07:45 PM
I think if you had already used your last day you wouldn't have been able to extend them but if you still had anything left they should have extended it regardless of they type of ticket stock.