PDA

View Full Version : hot dogs at caseys

readytogo2
10-10-2012, 04:43 PM
on our last trip i had a hot dog from caseys and the bun just fell apart someone said they had switched type of buns ded they ever go back to regular or still using new type?

Dopey's Girl
10-10-2012, 07:38 PM
I had a hot dog in Jan and in April and had no problem with the bun falling apart either time.

#1donaldfan
10-11-2012, 12:10 PM
I think they only changed the hot dog, not the bun ??? The new styles they have are quite loaed with extra's maybe your's just couldn't hold it all in ?????:cool:

SandmanGStefani24
10-11-2012, 06:46 PM
I think they only changed the hot dog, not the bun ??? The new styles they have are quite loaed with extra's maybe your's just couldn't hold it all in ?????:cool:

yeah i tend to overload mine with chili and fixins. usually need a spoon to help lol...you know, also have the same problem at value resorts food halls...maybe there's a trend for me :chef:

SBETigg
10-11-2012, 07:41 PM
They did change the buns, at around the same time they changed the dogs. They went to a more whole grain blend, I believe. They still seem very much like white bread to me, so it's not a bad substitute but some people have found the buns a little more stiff and tasteless compared to the former buns. And apparently for the OP, more prone to falling apart.

Oh, update. I did some research. Apparently, the bun switch was not popular and they went back to white buns when they added the new variety of specialty topped hot dogs. Now I'm not sure which version of the bun I actually tried last.

Disney Doll
10-12-2012, 10:08 AM
DH had a hotdog from Casey's a couple of days ago and said he didn't notice anything different. Then again he may have been too busy inhaling it to notice any subtle differences. :D

readytogo2
10-12-2012, 05:05 PM
They did change the buns, at around the same time they changed the dogs. They went to a more whole grain blend, I believe. They still seem very much like white bread to me, so it's not a bad substitute but some people have found the buns a little more stiff and tasteless compared to the former buns. And apparently for the OP, more prone to falling apart.

Oh, update. I did some research. Apparently, the bun switch was not popular and they went back to white buns when they added the new variety of specialty topped hot dogs. Now I'm not sure which version of the bun I actually tried last.

thats what i was thinking thanks

figgie
10-14-2012, 08:45 AM
I will say that the gluten free buns are pretty bad and they do fall apart! The gluten free hamburger buns they use at other Disney CS places are pretty good but the hot dog buns at Casey's are just not worth it for us. We get our hot dogs bunless there!:ack: