PDA

View Full Version : Tent in Fantasyland

mydisneygirls
10-09-2012, 02:54 PM
On one of the last days we were there last week, I noticed that one of the big tents had opened. I thought from the outside it was some sort of circus so we were pretty excited. Upon entering, what was it????? A HUGE, brand new souvenir store. I don't know about anyone else, but I think they could have done without it. With all the long lines for rides throughout the park, they could have put some sort of ride there (plenty of room for one) instead of another place to buy things. In my opinion, I think they should have kept Mickey and Minnie's house instead!

cajundisneyfreak
10-09-2012, 03:17 PM
I totally agree.Mickey & Minnie's house should still be there.:(

Strmchsr
10-09-2012, 04:05 PM
A HUGE, brand new souvenir store.

Essentially they just kept and rethemed the county fair gift shop that was already there. I'm not surprised. Disney is going to have a gift shop in every area.

joonyer
10-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Rides/attractions don't make money. Selling food & merchandise is where all the profit is. The rides are just there to attract us, like moths to the light.

figgie
10-14-2012, 08:02 AM
I don't mind them trying to sell us stuff, heck, I even buy a lot of it. That's what makes their money and keeps them around. But I am with the "I will miss Mickey and Minnie's houses" crowd. Still have my pictures though. Another favorite bits the dust....:sad: