PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review: Nine Dragons

Mr.K
10-08-2012, 12:33 PM
We had a late reservation (8:30 PM) for a large group (12). We arrived right on time and were seated immediately.

The decor was very nice and like most areas of the world showcase, it managed to convey a sense of "being there" - beautiful artwork at the entrance.

Our waiter was very good, although he was a bit quiet so it was at times hard to understand him as his English pronunciations were also a bit off. That said, he was very friendly and attentive.

The food was very good. The potstickers and egg rolls were very nice. We tried a variety of entries and shared everything amongst the adults. The peppery shrimp with spinach noodles was excellent, as was the General Tso's chicken, and the Steak and Shrimp. There was another dish we have forgotten the name (it was a special that night) was very tasty, and we all liked the fried rice. The honey-sesame chicken was good but fairly boring and forgettable. It is called honey-sesame chicken but it was just too sweet for me.

The desserts were fairly straightforward and very good but nothing amazing. We had the red bean-strawberry ice cream and the ginger cake.

Illuminations occurred during our dinner and we could tell it was happening and saw a bit of the flaming barge and the fireworks, but this was not the place with the best viewing area.

This was our first time at Nine Dragons and we loved it. Very fun meal. We would definitely recommend it.

VWL Mom
10-08-2012, 01:09 PM
I always wonder about Nine Dragons but never heard much about it. May have to give it a try, thanks!

Lindsey310
10-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Sounds delicious. This is on our to do list :eat:

Lovewildernesslodge
10-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Have been there a few times and never had a bad meal. It is a must-do for us!:thumbsup:

SBETigg
10-08-2012, 02:48 PM
I also haven't tried Nine Dragons in all my years visiting. Sounds good, though. I can understand the honey sesame chicken issue. Just because it says honey doesn't mean it's always on the too-sweet side, but in this case apparently. It's also interested to hear how different restaurants are managing your large group, so I appreciate the reviews. I've never been with a large group, but you never know so it helps to hear how that worked out for you. Thanks again!

tiggerbuddy
10-08-2012, 04:21 PM
We enjoyed it too !!:thumbsup:

Gator
10-08-2012, 04:31 PM
This is one of the few good reviews I've heard about Nine Dragons, which is why I've never booked to eat there. Not to mention all the Chinese places to eat in my own little town.

anewvision
10-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Do you think the counter service restaurant Lotus Blosso right behind Nine Dragons as different tasting food. Just wondering they do cook everything in the same kitchen.

awaggett
10-11-2012, 12:51 AM
We tried Nine Dragons last month--we didn't have an ADR, walked in around 7:30 on a Sunday night. We had never gone before as we have several good Chinese places at home, but one in our group was in the mood so we gave it a try (we were trying to do new things this trip). We really enjoyed our meal. The service was quick and good. I don't remember what everyone had--I had a sampler of two noodles with different sauces--that you assemble yourself--it was fun! Not on our must-do list, but we would definitely go back.

beksy
10-11-2012, 01:40 AM
Thanks for reporting! This is a favorite of ours at WS...I travel with picky eaters so this is familiar food that still satisfies my need to eat in different countries. We've always had good meals.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-11-2012, 08:35 AM
Sounds good thanks for the report