PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review: The Wave

Mr.K
10-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Just back from a great week in WDW, and our very first meal was at The Wave.

Our group of 12 were seated fairly quickly at a very large round table. This was an unexpected plus, as we could all see each other. It also helped that we were only 5 adults, and 7 children. Twelve adults would have been too crowded but this was perfect for our group.

We had a great server, who was knowledgable and friendly, although later in the meal not quite as attentive as we would have liked as we had several empty glasses waiting for refills. Despite this, we still give the service a big thumbs up.

The decor was interesting but not truly memorable except for the entrance which is a lighted half-tube you travel through.

The food was fantastic. We had the braised lamb shank, grilled beef tenderloin, seafood pasta, and flat iron steak amongst the adults. Truly great meals. The sides were really good, such as the three-potato hash which we all devoured.

The desserts were all samplers, three individual small taste-sized portions on a plate. We got all the samplers and shared and found these were all fabulous as well. Very tasty, and nothing got left behind.

Seeing how close this is to Magic Kingdom, I am surprised more people do not come here. It was great to slow down a bit after a very full day at the park. A nice relaxing monorail ride and a bit of space was exactly what we wanted.

We would definitely visit The Wave again. Excellent meal!

BriarRose0708
10-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Thanks a lot for your review! I am so glad you h ad a positive experience. This place gets a lot of mixed reviews and it's nice to see something positive about it.

SBETigg
10-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Like Nikki, I have seen so many mixed reviews for the Wave. I'm always encouraged to give it a shot when I see a review like yours! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Itchy
10-08-2012, 11:40 AM
The Wave is one of our favorites and we dine there most every trip since we discovered it.

Great review. Thanks..:mickey:

ginny57
10-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Had dinner at the Wave a few years back....made a last minute reservation on a Sat and they had an opening. Had a great meal and would go back again. Glad you enjoyed it!

faline
10-08-2012, 11:58 AM
We've experience mixed results here. Our first meal was eaten at the bar but off the regular menu as we were unable to get a reservation anywhere for dinner that evening. The food was so good we made it a point to make a reservation for our next trip. That time, we thought the food a bit mediocre. We ate there again last winter and found the food good but not memorably outstanding - still, good enough that we would dine here again.

Glad you had an excellent meal!

Lindsey310
10-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Haven't tried this restaurant bc of all the mixed reviews but we may have to try it now :mickey:

twinboyz
10-09-2012, 12:29 PM
We had breakfast there May 2011. Very good food, but a bit pricey. We're planning on booking a reservation for our next trip. Loved the food selection!

beksy
10-11-2012, 01:56 AM
Sounds great...I'm becoming convinced to give it a try!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Sounds great, thanks for the report

January-2007
10-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the review!

Disneyglamour
11-05-2012, 06:15 PM
I LOVE The Wave!! Had dinner there on Valentines Day this year and it was amazing!! I just made reservations to go back next February! :mickey: