PDA

View Full Version : Sandwich on regular sliced bread?

disneysmiles
10-07-2012, 06:14 AM
At home, lunch for me is usually either a small bowl of soup or a simple sandwich. I know I can get soup many places, but is there anywhere on property I can get just a simple sandwich? I mean like a couple of slices of ham and cheese on white or wheat bread? All of the sandwiches I've ordered are usually on bulky artisan bread or a sub roll that just sits in my stomach all day like a lead balloon.

Has anyone ever tried the kid's turkey sandwich? I see that offered at a few places. What kind of bread do they use?

LVT
10-07-2012, 07:19 AM
I do not know, but I am with you on the bread.

BrerGnat
10-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Columbia Harbor House uses the bread you are looking for on the tuna and vegetarian sandwiches, although I do believe it is a multi grain seeded variety.

I think if you are at a TS restaurant, you can probably get any sandwich on sliced bread by asking. Those restaurants always have toast at breakfast, so they do have that kind of bread in the kitchen.

Whenever I get a sandwich and there is just too much bread, I simply remove one piece of bread and eat it open faced style. Works for me. I know what you mean about having "bread belly" all day. :sick:

disneymom15
10-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Not sure where you're staying, but some of the food courts have pre made sandwiches in the refrigerated section. You could buy 1 in the morning and take it with you to the park.

disneysmiles
10-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Thanks for understanding! Didn't think of grabbing a sandwich at the food court. Excellent idea! An open faced sandwich might work if I didn't think I'd make a huge mess...but even half of that bread could be a lot depending on the kind.

Another idea I had was to bring my own sandwich for lunch. I have one of those tupperware containers that will hold one without crushing it.Do you think I'd run into a problem if I go to a CS with my party, order a drink and maybe a salad or side, and eat my sandwich there? I know your allowed to bring in food to the parks, but can you actually bring something to eat into a restaraunt? Not for a sitdown, just a counter service.

BrerGnat
10-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Another idea I had was to bring my own sandwich for lunch. I have one of those tupperware containers that will hold one without crushing it.Do you think I'd run into a problem if I go to a CS with my party, order a drink and maybe a salad or side, and eat my sandwich there? I know your allowed to bring in food to the parks, but can you actually bring something to eat into a restaraunt? Not for a sitdown, just a counter service.

This would be okay. We used to have to do that a LOT when our kids would only eat a certain type of Uncrustable that they didn't have at Disney parks.

Janmac
10-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Whenever I get a sandwich and there is just too much bread, I simply remove one piece of bread and eat it open faced style.

:ditto:

For me, it's more avoiding hypoglycemia, and removing the largest piece of bread works.

Jan

magicofdisney
10-07-2012, 04:10 PM
I've gotten the kid's turkey wrap at Electric Umbrella in Epcot. I've always liked that option and it's not overly bready.

Bringing your own sandwich, whether you make it or pick it up at the food court, is an excellent idea. We also did that quite often when my kids were younger.

Pirate Granny
10-07-2012, 05:11 PM
I always brought my dad's lunch in a thermal lunch pack. We would purchase our food at a CS and he would eat his...he was on a strict NO salt diet, and what little he could have, went for TS dinners :mickey: