PDA

View Full Version : Pierced Ears

Disney4us2
10-06-2012, 04:25 PM
My DD took the plunge today and got her ears pierced. She has been thinking about it for a little while now and today was the day.

She saw lots of Disney earings that she liked at Disneyland last week and I think that put her over the edge on it.

Today we were at Walmart... didn't know they did it there. She saw the earings she wanted, thought about it for a bit more and then had it done. She was fine during the piercing but had a bit of a reaction afterward:sick::ack: and they had to call for a clean up. She was soon better and the color returned to her face. All is good now.

I am proud of her, she was a frightened but brave about the whole ordeal. In 6 weeks, she can start changing her earings.

SBETigg
10-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Oh no about the reaction, but the worst part is over. As long as she takes proper care and avoids infection, she will be all set. With something else to buy, because there is never enough. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Yea! The worst is over! DD was shaking when she got hers done, but she's really enjoyed it, so it was worth it.

Disney earings are as good a reason as any!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-07-2012, 06:10 PM
I was 23 years old when I had mine done and was scared to death! I wanted diamond earrings. Now I have them and hardly ever wear them. I need to get out more!
There are so many cute Mickey earrings; she'll have so much fun with them.

figgie
10-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Congrats to her! How brave and I know she will enjoy them...

tinkwest
10-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Hurray!! Disney earrings are one of my favorite things to buy at the parks. I'm very particular but even so I find lots that I like. Keep those ears clean!

BriarRose0708
10-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Yay for your DD being brave! So funny to see this topic, I just got my ears re-pierced yesterday! It had been 20 years since I had them done in 5th grade, and I wasn't sure what to expect since I'd let them close up in college. It was so much better than when I was 9! I can't wait to change my earrings out and get some cute Disney ones too!

RedSoxFan
10-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Congrats to your DD.
I just got my second holes pierced a couple of weeks ago. Still tender; but something I've wanted to do for quite some time. DD15 convinced me. DD15 has 3 holes in each ear and one ear has a cartilage piercing on top.

MNNHFLTX
10-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Oh boy, does that bring back memories! My sister and I got our ears pierced in our teens (with our mom's permission) and it involved the rudimentary method of numbing the ear with ice and then getting a darning needle stuck through. It took place at a neighbor lady's house--I still can't believe I went through with it! Thank goodness by the time I got my second set of holes they were using the air gun in the salon method. Much quicker and less painful.

I haven't worn earrings in my second holes in many, many years, but I still put studs through every so often to make sure they don't close over. Lol--I don't know why!