PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to CMs #3

MrPeetrie
10-06-2012, 11:25 AM
As I've stated, this was one fantastic vacation. Not just for the weather, shows, and rides, but also Cast Members were really on top of their game. Here's another example:

It was early morining in the Magic Kingdom and we were having a light breakfast at the Main Street Bakery. There was a young manager walking around, checking on the patrons. When he came to us, he engaged in a conversation with my DD9. He spent about 15 minutes talking with us and laughing. They exchanged stories. I thought he knew us from somewhere and I just forgot where, but it turns out he was just being very friendly.

Then, he reached in his pocket and pulled out four Magic FastPasses. These were good at any ride throughout the day. We have no idea why. I guess he did it just to brighten our day.

As it would turn out, the crowd was light and we never used them. Instead, my wife kept them for scrapbooking. (She's a huge scrapbooker and we keep EVERYTHING...room keys, unused FastPasses, napkins, leaves...I'm not exaggerating.) But, this was yet another example of a CM "plussing" an already magical vacation.

Thanks again!

GAN
10-06-2012, 02:59 PM
That's great to hear! Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

MrPeetrie
10-06-2012, 03:33 PM
GAN, we really did have a great vacation!

:D :D :D

Dopey's Girl
10-06-2012, 05:20 PM
I love all your great CM stories! So good to hear!

hoop de do
10-07-2012, 10:13 AM
I think your little ones are CM magnets.
That's great.
Can I go with your gang next time?
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

TheVBs
10-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Another great story! I love these. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Great story! I remember when DD was smaller and she and a custodial CM had quite the conversation, which ended with a special CM pin. I think the CM's like finding people who are enjoying the magic as much as they enjoy making it!

DisneyorBust
10-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Great CM's can really take a WDW vacation to the next level, glad to read you had plenty of encounters with them.