PDA

View Full Version : ? about mobile magic app and parks

Simba's Mom
10-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Or if anyone's there right now, is this true? Earlier this afternon, when I just looked for the heck of it, it told me that FP for Splash, BTMRR, Dumbo, and Jungle Cruise were all unavailable. And at Epcot, it tells me that Maelstrom and Mission Space FP both have "Limited Availability". What does that mean? Does all the in-park attraction info not really work at home or what?

faline
10-05-2012, 06:09 PM
It probably means that no fast passes are available as the park is closing to the general public at 7 tonight and there's a Not So Scary party this evening. Limited availability in Epcot probabably means they are close to running out of fast passes for the day.

Check earlier in the day and I'm sure you'll have different results.

SBETigg
10-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Did I hear that Mobile Magic is being phased out in favor of My Disney Experience? I have both. My Mobile Magic app says that I have to be in a park to start getting accurate wait times, and I haven't been in a park since I loaded the app. But it does say that Fastpasses are unavailable.

Polynesian Dweller
10-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Did I hear that Mobile Magic is being phased out in favor of My Disney Experience? I have both. My Mobile Magic app says that I have to be in a park to start getting accurate wait times, and I haven't been in a park since I loaded the app. But it does say that Fastpasses are unavailable.

There was one announcement that Mobile Magic would be phased out in 2013, though not clear when.

OP, Disney's new app, My Disney Experience (which will replace mobile magc), gives wait and FP times outside the parks. With mobile magic you must be in the park to see the times.

Simba's Mom
10-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Rats! For dining I prefer Mobile Magic. Right after I heard about My Disney Experience, I found it and downloaded it. But unless I haven't figured it all out yet, I couldn't find dining info with as much specifics as I could on MM, and I couldn't make dining reservations, as I did on MM last time (and they worked, because I used the ADRs!)

SBETigg
10-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Rats! For dining I prefer Mobile Magic. Right after I heard about My Disney Experience, I found it and downloaded it. But unless I haven't figured it all out yet, I couldn't find dining info with as much specifics as I could on MM, and I couldn't make dining reservations, as I did on MM last time (and they worked, because I used the ADRs!)

You can make dining reservations with My Disney Experience, and there's a very complete dining section much the same as Mobile Magic. In my opinion, My Disney Experience has only improved on what Mobile Magic had to offer, but does it all better.

mydisneygirls
10-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Sometimes if there is an indication that fastpasses are unavailable, it could also mean that the ride is down which was the case a few times for us on our recent trip.

CMCTxMom
10-09-2012, 03:20 PM
There are better wait-times apps out there. I don't like Disney's at all...

DisneyDawgette
10-09-2012, 03:24 PM
There are better wait-times apps out there. I don't like Disney's at all...

Definitely. Spend the $4.99 and get the Magic Guide (there are free versions too, but I splurged). It's a VersaEdge app, I believe. It has all of the menus WITH prices, wait times, maps, reservation options, hours and events, and you can favorite things that you like for easier access. The only thing it doesn't have are FastPass availabilities, which don't work on the Disney app half the time anyways! Not to mention, it's WAY easier to use. :thumbsup:

kakn7294
10-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Both the Mobile Magic and My Disney Experience apps are the official posted wait times as if you were standing in front of the attraction looking at the posted wait time. The other apps all rely on guest submitted information and I've found them to be very sporadic in their accuracy. I did hear that Mobile Magic will be phased out eventually. It was a bit of a pain when it had to reset every time we entered a new park and sometimes it thought we were outside of the park perimeter when we were at an attraction along the outer borders but the wait times were spot on.

Chaos
10-12-2012, 09:14 AM
Does anyone know when My Disney Experience will be available for Android phones?

And what is the best non-disney app?

missastrocat
10-12-2012, 01:06 PM
The My Disney Experience app is available on Android phones. I downloaded it last week.:mickey:

faline
10-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know when My Disney Experience will be available for Android phones?

It's been available for a while now - about a month, I think as it was probably about that long ago when I downloaded it.

Chaos
10-12-2012, 08:27 PM
I did download it but my phone is really slow and not working well so it wasn't loading. Thankfully I'll be getting a new phone in about a month so I'll be able to really check it out.

Daisy'sMom
10-13-2012, 09:14 AM
The apps aren't available for my nexus tablet.